Favorite cast of characters

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
Books you say?

I nominate the entire citizenry of the Discworld.

That's right, even the characters who are only mentioned in the footnotes. All of them are awesome.

BM19

Sep 24, 2012
Videogames: Persona 4, Persona 3 (in that order!), Fire Emblem (2003), The World Ends With You (even Joshua), Persona 4: Arena (because they deserve to be on here twice).

TV: Breaking Bad, Community, Dexter (Season 6 aside), Archer, Firefly, Adventure Time.

Movies: Serenity (because they deserve to be on here twice as well), Scott Pilgrim vs the World (Yes, graphic novel, too)

Books: The Dark Tower series, The Kingkiller Chronicle, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Lake in the Woods.

Not really much that others haven't pointed out, but still love 'em.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
The Luna Wolves, or I suppose to be more specific the Mournival.

Ezekyle Abbadon, "Little" Horus Aximand, Garviel Loken and Tarik Torgaddon were just great characters and the overall themes of brotherhood, fatherhood and betrayal told in the first three books are mirrored so well in these four characters and their interactions that it puts lie to the misconception that the Adeptus Astartes are just meat head super soldiers with naught on their minds but grunting and shooting.

(Take that with a grain of salt of course, for all that's good in the books, it's still 40K and all the Grimdark silliness that comes with it.)

Adaephon

Jun 15, 2009
The entire DC universe of course, I mean how can you go wrong with that much variety? If pressed to pick one specific team out of that, it would have to go to the Secret Six (the modern, gail simone one that is). After all, any team that makes a character named Catman seem like one of the coolest damn people on the planet has got to be doing something right.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Atmos Duality said:
I'm partial to the crew from the Rogue Squadron and Wraith Squadron books.
Where else could a running joke of Wedge Antilles getting pranked by a junior officer actually turn into a plot point later? (they hacked into his transceiver and modulated his voice to sound like an Ewok)
I love you. :D

The Wraith Squadron books cracked me up, hell, even the imperial warlord and his second in command had some funny moments in those stories.

As for me it's the utter misfits of the Blood Gulch Crew. Two groups of utter idiots in the middle of no where, fighting for a box canyon and end up kicking Freelancer asses, learning the truth about "why are we here?" and so much more. To me it's just how impressive that they've come from being such idiots to a band of idiots who can some really impressive things.

FURY_007

Jun 8, 2008
Probably the people in Archer, H Jon Benjamin is fantastic, Jessica Walters is hilarious as always, and Judy Greer, Aisha Tyler, and of course, one of my favorite comedians, Chris Parnell.

Arrested Development has just a classic cast, I'm looking forward to their return.

Also I don't know how many of you guys remember the short lived TV show Life on Mars? (the US Version), but it starred Jason O'Mara, with Harvey Keitel, Michael Imperioli (from the Sopranos) and Gretchen Mol.

In terms of Movies, Gotta go with Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
That's a difficult one :/ I've seen too many movies to narrow it down to just one, but for a TV show I'm probably gonna have to go with LOST -

Or perhaps these lovely people -

Or maybe these chaps -

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
From books (also favourite overall): A Song of Ice and Fire. It takes a lot of good writing to turn some of the more hated characters into your favourites and Martin succeeds in this by making his characters so deep. No one seems to be truly evil (okay maybe Ramsay), everyone lives as shades of grey.

From TV: Breaking Bad. Do I even need to explain?

Movie: Lord of the Rings. Brilliant cast of lovable characters.

Video Games: Mass Effect Series. So many characters who you grow to care about over the course of the games. Plus, your actions directly effect them.

HoneyVision

Jan 4, 2013
More recently, I've been enjoying the cast from 2 Broke Girls a lot. They're rather silly, but it's just a great easy-going comedy.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Atmos Duality said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Are you partial to Rogues or Wraiths in particular? I'm more of a Rogue guy because of Corran Horn. Only he can make screwing a space otter seem sexy (And then immediately regretting it the day after).
I lean more towards the Rogues myself, though Face Lorraine and Wes Janson make a damn compelling case.
Especially when Wedge gets his revenge on Wes.
too difficult to choose between the two....

So which ever Wedge is with at the time wins!

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
As for my pick of favorite Cast:
This is only about a third of them. Of note missing in the picture is Nog, Rom, Garak, Martok, Cassidy Yates, Bareil, Dukat, Damar, Ezri, Ziyal, Gowron, Morn, and god knows how many others. It's an enormous cast of rotating characters, and nearly all of them share some interaction. Having the huge amount of regulars made DS9 special among the Trek shows, because it meant that past events were not forgotten, and consequences could arise from unresolved plotlines.
Seconding this.
Also, the Dresden Files have some pretty great characters with fun interactions.

Captain Sunshine

Mar 5, 2013
Disturbed-Hell said:
Who else could I have picked?

Well, ok, James and Jakob are both fairly dull, but at least they don't ever get on my nerves.

Also, Garrus. Nuff said
Mass Effect has some awesomely brilliant characters and some dull as ditchwater.

The amazing thing is that no one can agree who is who out of the cast, which means Bioware must be doing something right. After all, the point of multiple people is for bigger appeal.

I also have to agree with the lots of people who said Firefly and Persona 4, purely because those two are big on making your group a family instead of a cast.

Devetta

Aug 14, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
The crew of Serenity from Firefly.

I love every single one of these characters.

They're all so shiny :D
You took the words out of my mouth.

Trueflame

Apr 16, 2013
Oh man... There are just so many good ones! Maybe it's because I was just watching the show, but right now the cast of Farscape really springs to mind. They're crazy, weird, funny, and unique. None of the core cast feel like they're there just to pad the numbers, and you can't dislike even one of them. But I can't mention TV shows without mentioning the cast of Archer. Most hilarious show on television, period.

Best game cast has got to be FF9. I love that game, and again, all the characters are funny and special in their own ways. Nothing else quite like it.

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
Shocked nobody said Spartacus since it just ended with a phenomenal series finale. The final credits showed the cast for all 3 seasons and the prequel.