Favorite Catchphrase/Running Gag in anything?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The falling cow gag in Earthworm Jim games and TV show. That's a series that knew how to do random humor right.

Super hot! Super hot! Super hot!

Pinky and the Brain's "Are You Pondering, What I am Pondering?" phrase.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
Arnoxthe1 said:
"It's all happening."
- Almost Famous

Do arc-words count? Because if so,

"Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt."

I have no idea why this sentence just stays with you but it does.
That's the example I use to demonstrate why Bioshock Infinite is overrated. People like to say how great Elizabeth was written. They tend to overlook how badly Booker was written.

On Topic: The only thing that comes to mind is from Bridge of Spies. "Would it help?"

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
KissingSunlight said:
That's the example I use to demonstrate why Bioshock Infinite is overrated. People like to say how great Elizabeth was written. They tend to overlook how badly Booker was written.
I don't think that much of Bioshock Infinite actually on a whole. It just didn't grab me like it did at E3 all those days ago. I really like the phrase though and it has a bunch of neat little twists.

In the end, I think Bioshock Infinite's problems are partly due to the fact that it was a lot more linear than BioShock was and what the E3 trailer led us to believe. It actually also didn't tackle the themes we thought they were going to. And finally, the gun system was stupid. Combat in general in BioShock was the best of the series and the most satisfying. The vigors were a step up from plasmids, sure, but the fact that you couldn't hold spare salts and that you'd have to invest more and more into a weapon just to have it remain even viable was just bad.