favorite comedy movie

Gondito

Jul 11, 2009
There's Something About Mary
Anchorman
Bruce Almighty
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Donnie Darko (I know, strange but I find the funny parts of this movie absolutely hilarious)
Pineapple Express

I see Tropic Thunder being mentioned a lot, but for some reason I find this movie really, overall, poorly excecuted. Ben Stiller is unfunny and terrible as usual, Jack Black is just there, only Downey Jr. does a good job.

However, I did find the opening scene of Tropic Thunder (the opening warzone scene) side-splittingly hysterical. it set the bar waaaay too high for the rest of the movie and the rest was just disappointing.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Ace Ventura, Kung Pow, Pick of Destiny, Pineapple Express, The Hangover, Tropic Thunder, Anchorman

EDIT: Forgot Austin Powers and Superbad

CivilWar

Dec 5, 2009
I can't name my favourite comedy ever. But Zombieland was one of this years BEST by far.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
RossyB said:
There are far too many great comedies, so I'll just go with:

"Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb"
You gotta love the Russian Ambassador almost bursting into laughter. It's even better when you find how much of a perfect-freak Kubrik was to his movies and let that mistake pass by.

I guess favourites excluding Dr.StrangeLove..hmm The Producers, Shaun of the Dead and the Monty Python movies.

Edit:Oh Snatch!

Logie--bear

TARDIS Stalker
Feb 2, 2008
Gondito said:
I see Tropic Thunder being mentioned a lot, but for some reason I find this movie really, overall, poorly excecuted. Ben Stiller is unfunny and terrible as usual, Jack Black is just there, only Downey Jr. does a good job.

However, I did find the opening scene of Tropic Thunder (the opening warzone scene) side-splittingly hysterical. it set the bar waaaay too high for the rest of the movie and the rest was just disappointing.
Have to hugely agree with you there. Then again I was anticipating Tropic Thunder for a long time as a satire of the war genre I had been studying as a student. The first 15 minutes sated this but the rest was painful.

OT: The Big Lebowski, The Hangover, Step Brothers, The Impostors

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
The Big Labowski, Young Frankenstein, or The Holy Grail.

I can watch those a million times and not get tired of them

Sep 13, 2009
If it has to be a movie then (after monty python in general) I'd say Hot Fuzz. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are amazing paired together.

If I could choose a series I'd choose Spaced. Again Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.