Favorite Fallout 3 baddie

Maggot666

Oct 9, 2008
I have a soft spot in my heart for Ghouls becasue their heads are so soft and squishy before i shoot them in the face causing them to explode

Cloud1227

Nov 3, 2008
I like the Super Mutants. Not for any particular reason but because of what they did for me. A friend was being cocky and showing off his character when all of a sudden a super mutant came in front of him, pulled out his rocket launcher and blew the living hell out of my friend. After laughing to the point of tears I decided to make the super mutants my favorite baddie.

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
Deathclaws, obviously. First time I came across one of these I nearly shat myself-- bad memories from Fallout 1.

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
HSIAMetalKing said:
Deathclaws, obviously. First time I came across one of these I nearly shat myself-- bad memories from Fallout 1.
I'd agree with this, here is a recount of my first Deathclaw encounter:
I spot a Deathclaw in the distance and(foolishly)decide to shoot at it, the Deathclaw begins to run towards me and I backtrack.
Me: "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK, shitdamnhellbitchbastardshitfuckmotherfucker!"
Game: You have died

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
Richard Groovy Pants post=9.76129.891848 said:
*sigh*

All of these Fallout threads could be condensed in some sort of "official" thread, too bad there isn't one like that around the forums right?
Yeah, because making fifty topics fit into a single gargantuan thread would be totally easy to read, right?

EDIT: Whoops! Forgot to add my two cents. Probably Radroaches.
"Awww! It's so cute! What's it trying to do? Oh, it's trying to attack me." *bang*

Iceman23

Dec 20, 2007
Spartan Bannana said:
HSIAMetalKing said:
I'd agree with this, here is a recount of my first Deathclaw encounter:
I spot a Deathclaw in the distance and(foolishly)decide to shoot at it, the Deathclaw begins to run towards me and I backtrack.
Me: "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK, shitdamnhellbitchbastardshitfuckmotherfucker!"
Game: You have died
I'm going to have to go with deathclaws too, I've got a good story concerning these things.

I'm headed towards a Super Duper Mart to find some supplies for Moria Brown's little book thing, but when I get close I start hearing gun fire left and right.

A raider ran around one of the corners, firing at something on the other side of the building "Must be shooting after some wastelanders.", but then a wastelander runs around the corner too, and now both of them are firing at something around the corner of the building instead of trying to murder one another.

"Huh thats weird, why aren't they killing each other?" So I decide to kill the raider myself with a good crack upside the head with my baseball bat and it's by this time that I see just what they were shooting at.

One big freaking deathclaw.

Thankfully the thing only had a quarter of its health left from all of the wastelanders and raiders it had fought before I arrived, but even then I had to dump at least two and a half mags into the thing with my 10m pistol before it went down.

I hate to think what the things are like when they've got full health.

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
Iceman23 said:
I hate to think what the things are like when they've got full health.
At full health, they are the scariest fuckers in the wasteland, they run fast and can kill you in three hits, they're also strong as hell. Here's a tip though, with both legs, their the fastest little shits around, cripple one, and they lope along slowly, making them still powerful, but much easier to kill.

pieeater911

Jun 27, 2008
HSIAMetalKing said:
Yeah, Old Olney sucks. (A town full of Deathclaws for you people who haven't explored it yet. F.Y.I., bring a lot of bottle cap mines when you do.)

The first time I ran into a Deathclaw he was a few hundred meters away, but he spotted me and was running fast towards me. I had just enough time to throw down one bottle cap mine before he was on me (they are faster than greased lightning). Mine goes off, cripples both of his legs and severely injures him. So I pull out my power fist, wind of a good punch and smashed his head off, which then flew through the air and landed in a trash bin.

I really wish this game a screen shot tool in it.

Also, Centaurs, because they are the creepiest looking mutated little fuckers around.

Abtinx

Nov 6, 2008
The most rewarding ones are the Enclave, not only does it feel good to blow them away, fascist bastards that they undoubtably are, but they always carry top of the line gear like the plasma rifles. So go shoot some enclaves and make Che Guevara proud! Deathclaws, bah! I kill them with switchblades and foul language, the real trouble out there is the crabs. The gnawing fear that emanates from my spinal region every time I'm trapped with those things... gaaah! They have only one target zone! And it's minimal for gods sake so review your comments now please if you know what I'm talking about. Damn crabs.

B-lockdown080

Nov 5, 2008
My favorites are the Mirelurk Hunter's(the ones with bigger claws). There is nothing funnier then walking in a cave turning a corner and BAM right in your face and ugly walking crab monster.

And the guy in the Minefield with the sniper...pretty smart i think

Cloud1227

Nov 3, 2008
B-lockdown080 said:
My favorites are the Mirelurk Hunter's(the ones with bigger claws). There is nothing funnier then walking in a cave turning a corner and BAM right in your face and ugly walking crab monster.

Question. What is up with that guy? Its not bad enought I have to watch my step without a guy with a sniper shooting at me. I saved before killing him because I am afraid thatI need him for a future quest. Anyone know if he is needed so I can go about the game, worry free of the fact I killed that crazy old man?

B-lockdown080

Nov 5, 2008
Cloud1227 said:
B-lockdown080 said:

Question. What is up with that guy? Its not bad enought I have to watch my step without a guy with a sniper shooting at me. I saved before killing him because I am afraid thatI need him for a future quest. Anyone know if he is needed so I can go about the game, worry free of the fact I killed that crazy old man?
Na he doesnt have a quest. Hes just there to make you mierable so cap the old bastard.

AwesomeHat

Jan 17, 2008
B-lockdown080 said:
Cloud1227 said:
B-lockdown080 said:

Na he doesnt have a quest. Hes just there to make you mierable so cap the old bastard.
Actually, he's one of the VIP's that the Paradise Fall's slavers ask you to capture, if you're evil enough to hang out with them. ;]

Slaver's is why he shoots everyone.

As to the thread:

Super Mutant Behemoth.
I like the Mirelurk king, because he actually had a head, so I could shoot it.
I'm utterly terrified of Deathclaws, too :D

searanox

Sep 22, 2008
Probably Deathclaws, because after level 5 or so they're the only challenging enemies in the game. Even then, the Dart Gun completely destroys them because of the instant leg-crippling effect.

ObnoxiousTwat

Sep 28, 2008
Deathclaws. However on a side note before a fought a deathclaw, Yao Guais scared the hell out of me in the wasteland. Damn bears sneaking up on me.