Favorite game under id license

Dany_the_penguin

Apr 5, 2020
What game under a game license from the Texan boys that brought you doom and stuff do you best like? Bonus for y'all that decide to list multiple game chosen per license

Favorite id license game: return to castle wolfenstein

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I'm not entirely sure what the criteria is for "Id licence," but okay:

-Favourite Id Game: Doom 3

Ranking of Doom games that I've played go Doom 3>Doom Eternal>Doom (original)>Doom (2016)>Doom 2

I've played Wolfenstein: The New Order and part of Wolfenstein: The New Colossus. Of those two, prefer the latter.

I've also played Quake. Bleh.

At the end of the day, I can't really call myself an Id fan. More that there's one IP of theirs that I like (Doom), with me being fairly indifferent to all their other IPs (and whether Wolfenstein counts as an Id IP is debatable considering they didn't start it, nor have they made the latest entries)

Don't make me marathon Id FPS games again
That's okay, just marathon Marathon instead. :p

DJShaddycat

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2020
Country
United States
Quake quake quake. Quake 1 is really good, and Quake 2 is something different, also very good.
The multiplayer isn't as good as Unreal Tournament, but the single player is great fun.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Oh oh oh. Actually as much as I like Heretic I think I have to give it to Hedon.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Team Fortress 2

But that's not id licensed, you say? No, not directly. But Team Fortress 2 runs on Source, a heavily modified and upgraded version of Gold Src (aka what Half-Life ran on), which is in turn based on the Quake engine. Even today there's still bits of Quake code left in all Source games. Oh, and Team Fortess notably also began as a Quake mod.

Reactions: MrCalavera

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Doom. Specifically Doom 4.

I played some Hexen back in the day too. Can't remember much though. I also played Quake II, III, & IV.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
But doesn't he have a thing against Martians? 0_0
lol, that actually took me a minute, but then i got it

The secpnd trilogy was the better one anyways. And idk what they were thinking with Keen Dreams.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Only played Commander Keen 1 (and a bit of 4, IIRC), in that it was shareware, Wolfenstein 3d, Doom 1 and 2. Yeah, not anything that isn't ancient.