Favorite Hyrule Warrior? Anyone you wish was added to the game?

Yarkaz

Aug 22, 2009
I'm not too far in the game, but of the 5 characters I have so far Impa is by far the best. Link is really fun with the fire rod, but boring as can be with a sword. My roommate and I are faily dedicated to only playing story mode on coop so I haven't unlocked a lot of stuff yet, but I snagged a Naginata (sp?) on adventure mode and it's my favorite thing to use.

As for characters I want in the game... Besides the obvious and universally agreed upon Groose, I'd have loved a character centered around fairies. Maybe a Grerat Fairy who attacks with swarms of smaller fairies? Maybe you just play as a big swarm of the things, overwhelming entire areas with large, quick DoT attacks? It would be a great crowd control character, pulling enemies together or spreading them out for a coop partner to wreck.

Or how about a mind control fairy? We see Proxy enter Link's body, since this game takes so many liberties with the lore *and* the series is no stranger to possession, a fairy could fight by possessing an enemy captain. There could even be a work-up process in which you start by controlling a minion, jump to an outpost captain, move up to aa stronger enemy like Lizalfos or Darknut, and eventually make your way to possessing enemy characters like Volga and Wizzaro. Maybe even add in temporary boss possession. Imagine playing as King Dodongo.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
MetalShadowChaos said:
I always thought she made up for the lack of momentum in her basic attacks with the way her attacks can lead into he butterfly riding, which gives you some pretty good speed for a few seconds upon mounting. Enough to get yourself into the next place where you can LAUNCH THE ATTACK BEETLE.

Agitha and Link's aforementioned final weapon excel in pure, unbridled DAMAGE, in short, with Link's being the harder to use variant due to the very weird positioning you have to do to get the best out of it. But I've had a ton of fun with Agitha myself, even if I can definitely see why she's so niche in terms of appeal.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to spam Y Y X until the battlefield is nothing but craters left by my army of Exploding Nuke BEETLES.
The worst thing about Link's final weapon is actually the camera. If you start a combo animation in a weird spot the camera will lose its shit XD

MetalShadowChaos

Feb 3, 2014
Fappy said:
The worst thing about Link's final weapon is actually the camera. If you start a combo animation in a weird spot the camera will lose its shit XD
Yeah, like locking on to an enemy during Fi's 'counter' sends it into a complete spasm. The cameraman for this game has to put up with some shit.

To go back on topic though, I would quite have liked to play as Volga, Wizro and Cia. Not too bothered about Wizro compared to everyone else, but at the very least Volga.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
MetalShadowChaos said:
Fappy said:
Yeah, like locking on to an enemy during Fi's 'counter' sends it into a complete spasm. The cameraman for this game has to put up with some shit.

To go back on topic though, I would quite have liked to play as Volga, Wizro and Cia. Not too bothered about Wizro compared to everyone else, but at the very least Volga.
All three of them are going to be playable as part of a free content patch that supposed to come out at the end of the month.

Here's Volga:
This game's going to have A LOT of free and paid DLC. I went ahead and bought the season pass.

MetalShadowChaos

Feb 3, 2014
Fappy said:
[quote="MetalShadowChaos" post="9.862189.21479539All three of them are going to be playable as part of a free content patch that supposed to come out at the end of the month.

Here's Volga: youtube=il52doB7dxM

This game's going to have A LOT of free and paid DLC. I went ahead and bought the season pass.
Holy shit I didn't know about that, I only knew about the season pass stuff. I am so god damn pumped for this shit.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
I've only played the demo, but i think I like link the best.

I'm disappointed with how I hear Bug girl handles. Twilight princess had four warriors, one of which had some sort of rocket launcher if I remember correctly. I don't dislike Agatha being in there but if she's as bad as they say she is and she got in over bazooka man, that would just be some shit.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Fappy said:
On a side note I actually just finished unlocking all the weapons last night! 25k kills on the Master Sword here I come!
...*goes into corner and cries because LPs and school have kept Nero from getting 100% to actually be able to get the hidden ability for the Master Sword*
*also cries because he couldn't afford the season pass, and still can't*

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Fappy said:
On a side note I actually just finished unlocking all the weapons last night! 25k kills on the Master Sword here I come!
Quick question! In order to unlock the ability to start powering up the Master Sword, do you have to get all the lv. 1/2/3 weapons for everyone? I can't really find a clear answer online.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Neronium said:
Fappy said:
...*goes into corner and cries because LPs and school have kept Nero from getting 100% to actually be able to get the hidden ability for the Master Sword*
*also cries because he couldn't afford the season pass, and still can't*
It took a reeeeeeally looong time >.>

Now I need to get 20k+ more kills AND get the 40 or so skulltulas I am missing before I can say I legit 100%'d the game. Then again, I guess I also have to beat every level on Hero mode too, but I am planning to do that after I unseal weapons for my favorite characters and get them all badged-out.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Hero of Lime said:
Fappy said:
Quick question! In order to unlock the ability to start powering up the Master Sword, do you have to get all the lv. 1/2/3 weapons for everyone? I can't really find a clear answer online.
Yes, you need every weapon including all ranks (1,2 and 3) in order to unseal the Master Sword and start getting the 25k counter to drop. Once you get the Master Sword's skill unlocked you can do so for all of the other weapons.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Fappy said:
Hero of Lime said:
Fappy said:
Yes, you need every weapon including all ranks (1,2 and 3) in order to unseal the Master Sword and start getting the 25k counter to drop. Once you get the Master Sword's skill unlocked you can do so for all of the other weapons.
Thank you, that's just what I feared. Between that and gold skulltulas, I have so much to do. Who knew having a red tunic and powered up Master Sword would be so hard. :/