Favorite Hyrule Warrior? Anyone you wish was added to the game?

Ganghan

Oct 1, 2014
Hey, forgive me if someone else has asked the forums this, but which character in Hyrule Warriors is your favorite to play? Also, if you could add any other characters to the game, who would they be?

Personally I like Fi the best, she has a a lot of good attacks and combos, so she is fun to play as. Darunia and Sheik come in a close second though!

I would have loved to see the Skull Kid come into play, as well as Tingle. A lot of people don't seem to like Tingle, but I kinda have a soft spot for him because of how weird and off-beat he is. He could attack people using cofetti, balloons, and bombs! I also think Toon Link would make good DLC.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
My best one and most leveled one is a tie between Impa and Sheik. Sheik is just godly in the game, and I love Impa's Biggoron Sword/Biggoron Knife. They have fun specials, can deal loads of damage, and are interesting to play as. Really the sad thing is, and I remember an article/review said this, every character but Link is fun to play. My friend and I find that true when we played the game on launch day until 4 am the next morning. We found Link to be the most boring.

As for fighters who I wish were in, come on Nintendo and Tecmo Koei this game was just asking to set it's Groose loose! Well, there is always DLC, but if he's not added into that then I'm gonna have to take a point away from my personal score of the game. I know I'm not the only one who wants to set their Groose loose.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I'm loving the look of the new Ganondorf. Looks like a brickshithouse, and I don't think any depiction of him as the big bad villain has been that good since Twilight Princess.

I never wanted any specific fighter that isn't in the game already, namely a Goron, Zant, and Ruto, but I absolutely detest how they've portrayed Lana so far.

Just whyyyyy does Lana exist in a Legend of Zelda game...

maidenm

Jul 3, 2012
My personal favourite is Midna. Because Midna. I really loved her in Twilight Princess x)

Then again, I find many characters to be fun to play. Link with Gauntlets was suprisingly fun to play and Ganondorf is just badass with his combos.

As for characters I'd like to see added... Midnas true form for starters. I love her too much.
I'll second Tingle and Groose though, I think they would be fun to play as.

Also, is anyone but me really curious and/or excited that Epona is being added in the first DLC?

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
So far, out of all the characters I have unlocked Fi has been my favorite, with Zelda and Midna trailing close behind. There's just something about interpretive dancing people to death that I just love.

As for additional characters, I would love to see some of the older villains added in. You know, like Vaati, General Onox, maybe Lord Bulbin on his boar, and some others like the Hero's Shade (I know he's another link, I don't care) Nabooru, or Tetra. Or, if Nintendo's feeling really balls out crazy, Characters like Malo or Occoo but the thing I want most of all is Ganondorf to go all retro and have a trident wielding pig man form. Or at least patch in the trident in one of the weapon patches or something.

Also, I could see Mario or Pit crossing over.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
I planned on having this be Midna, but her controls and combos just don't work out too well for me.

Impa is usually the way I go; so many different combos you can make and each there's not a bad one in the bunch.

Sheik comes in at a close second. I love the methodical planning you have to use for her in order to set your harp up for a useful tune, but to me her attacks just aren't that powerful.

And it's already been said, but Link with Gauntlets is just so much fun to tear through things with.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Ganghan said:
Hey, forgive me if someone else has asked the forums this, but which character in Hyrule Warriors is your favorite to play? Also, if you could add any other characters to the game, who would they be?
Ganondorf is my favorite so far (I've just barely unlocked him in Legend Mode, so I'm sure there's more characters I haven't played yet), with Darunia coming in the #2 spot. I wish his combo attacks would execute faster, but everything else about playing him I adore and he's easily the best match to my playstyle yet.

As for new characters, there really aren't any big ones I'd like to see that aren't included. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Happy Mask Salesman from Majora's Mask. That guy was awesome, in an incredibly creepy sort of way, and I'd love to see him kicking ass.

BraveSirRobin

Mar 17, 2010
Ruto for me, closely followed by Fi and Sheik. I just love summoning massive waves to throw my enemies across the battlefield. Plus her ability to basically become a turret for short times is really useful.

Other than that special mention to Lana who is crazy fun to play even if I'm not a huge fan of her character. Riding on a huge lightning cube, outweighs her way too anime character design.

Sould1n

Jan 23, 2011
I haven't unlocked all the characters yet, but so far I'd say my favourite character in Hyrule Warriors is either Fi or Darunia. Both were characters I wanted for the game, though I'm quite surprised I actually enjoy playing as Fi. She's a character I like, but I'm not usually a fan of the fast, weaker hitting characters, but her dancing combat style is actually really fun to use.

As for characters I'd really want in the game, well Fi was my 3rd most wanted, and she managed to get in. My 2nd and 1st did not get in though, despite how much I wished they did, and they were Vaati and Tingle respectively (props for also wanting Tingle). Hopefully they'll become playable through future DLC, and Tingle does have a chance to become playable through the two Majora's Mask DLC characters the game is getting.

Wow... both of us like playing as Fi and Darunia, both of us want Tingle, what a great coincidence! Glad to see another share my thoughts on these characters.

MetalShadowChaos

Feb 3, 2014
Ghirahim is pretty fun, I like the range he has on his attacks and all that flamboyant showing off he does. Zant is SO MUCH FUN when you just go full Crash Bandicoot on hordes, but he's absolutely shit against bosses Ifind, to the point of just not being fun at all when fighting them. Fi is pretty great with all he attacks essentially being big circles around her, really fun for running through hordes and she's also pretty good against bosses to boot. And Ganondorf is just Badassery Incarnate.

As far as characters I'd like to have seen, Groose is still the obvious one, but at least 3 of them I'm pretty sure are coming the the DLC packs the season pas talks about, since it says 1 new character in the Twilight Princess pack and at least 2 from the Majora's Mask pack. True form Midna being the twilight rpincess one, and I'm pretty sure Majora's Mask pack will be Happy Mask Salesman and Skull Kid.

Ganghan

Oct 1, 2014
Sould1n said:
I haven't unlocked all the characters yet, but so far I'd say my favourite character in Hyrule Warriors is either Fi or Darunia. Both were characters I wanted for the game, though I'm quite surprised I actually enjoy playing as Fi. She's a character I like, but I'm not usually a fan of the fast, weaker hitting characters, but her dancing combat style is actually really fun to use.

As for characters I'd really want in the game, well Fi was my 3rd most wanted, and she managed to get in. My 2nd and 1st did not get in though, despite how much I wished they did, and they were Vaati and Tingle respectively (props for also wanting Tingle). Hopefully they'll become playable through future DLC, and Tingle does have a chance to become playable through the two Majora's Mask DLC characters the game is getting.

Wow... both of us like playing as Fi and Darunia, both of us want Tingle, what a great coincidence! Glad to see another share my thoughts on these characters.
I just checked out the news on the DLC. I didn't know that there were actually FOUR packs coming out! Now I might actually purchase it!

Also, Tingle all the way, baby.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Link, Sheik, Zelda, and Ganondorf are my favorites so far. Link for the obvious choice, Sheik because she is just fast and deadly, Zelda for her neat combo finishers, and Ganondorf because reasons. :p

The only ones I really don't like are Ruto and maybe Midna. I really want to like Midna, but her moves feel awkward to me.

As for characters I want in? Fierce Deity Link would be cool. Not as a skin of Link, but as his own character. Majora's Mask, a young Link, Groose, Skull Kid, Tingle, Din and Nayru as oracles, Hero's Shade, Vaati, General Onox and probably a bunch more I can't think of at the moment.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I really enjoy the most of the characters, variety in moves and what kind of maps (adventure mode) to use who in.
Favs if I'd have to choose would be Sheik and Impa, not sure why...
I don't need to add anything to the game really, like it as it is. Of course a few more characters would be cool.
The one I dislike most is Zant, haven't understood how he really works and he's more of a play/fool aound character.

MetalShadowChaos

Feb 3, 2014
Guffe said:
I really enjoy the most of the characters, variety in moves and what kind of maps (adventure mode) to use who in.
Favs if I'd have to choose would be Sheik and Impa, not sure why...
I don't need to add anything to the game really, like it as it is. Of course a few more characters would be cool.
The one I dislike most is Zant, haven't understood how he really works and he's more of a play/fool aound character.
The trick to Zant comes in that 'heat' bar. You need to get into a sort of rhythm of filling it up with your combo attack, which can be extended by mashing strong attack during them(stop just as it hit's max though, or you'll collapse for some reason), then just press X to become Crash Bandicoot. Rinse and repeat for the most fun Horde Clearer in the game.

He's shit against bosses though. Special attacks that can't be cancelled fast enough to react to their attacks make for irritation and pain.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Impa and Zelda are the two I play the most. Link for the adventure mode that has a "Defeat x enemies in x minutes" because his spin attack kills for those things.

As for who I want added. I want human form Mindia, Groose, Malon and finally.... Old Man! Yes I want the Old Man from the Original Legend of Zelda as a fire based magic user.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Neronium said:
Really the sad thing is, and I remember an article/review said this, every character but Link is fun to play. My friend and I find that true when we played the game on launch day until 4 am the next morning. We found Link to be the most boring.
Link's gauntlets are his best weapons by far. A lot more fun than the other 3 (4 technically).

OP - My highest level character currently is Zelda (level 82 with maxed out Attack Badges and almost maxed out Defense), so she's obviously up there. If I had to make a list of my favorites it would probably be: Zelda (wind waker baton), Impa (love both weapons, but naginata is for sure more OP), Ganondorf and Shiek.

I like pretty much everyone save Agitha, however. She's just awful.

On a side note I actually just finished unlocking all the weapons last night! 25k kills on the Master Sword here I come!

MetalShadowChaos

Feb 3, 2014
Fappy said:
I find this offensive to my religion.

Seriously, Agitha is an OP piece of shit. Tactical Nuke Beetles wreck shit, Butterfly Suplex will END people, Swarms of Death will rain upon my enemies and MR PRINCESS WILL TAKE HER RIGHTFUL PLACE AS QUEEN OF ALL HYRULE.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
MetalShadowChaos said:
Fappy said:
Neronium said:
I find this offensive to my religion.

Seriously, Agitha is an OP piece of shit. Tactical Nuke Beetles wreck shit, Butterfly Suplex will END people, Swarms of Death will rain upon my enemies and MR PRINCESS WILL TAKE HER RIGHTFUL PLACE AS QUEEN OF ALL HYRULE.
I just found her to be simply not fun. Her light attacks have 0 range and no momentum and her combos are awkward and extremely finicky. I don't doubt she could be used well, I just hated her play style (took me awhile to warm up to Ruto also). That said, I feel the same way about Lana's Gate weapon, and Link's final water weapon (don't want to spoil for those who don't know it) is novel and hilarious, but by far the worst and most un-wieldy pile of garbage weapon in the game. Trying to fight big bosses with it is the worst kind of chore.

MetalShadowChaos

Feb 3, 2014
I always thought she made up for the lack of momentum in her basic attacks with the way her attacks can lead into he butterfly riding, which gives you some pretty good speed for a few seconds upon mounting. Enough to get yourself into the next place where you can LAUNCH THE ATTACK BEETLE.

Agitha and Link's aforementioned final weapon excel in pure, unbridled DAMAGE, in short, with Link's being the harder to use variant due to the very weird positioning you have to do to get the best out of it. But I've had a ton of fun with Agitha myself, even if I can definitely see why she's so niche in terms of appeal.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to spam Y Y X until the battlefield is nothing but craters left by my army of Exploding Nuke BEETLES.