Favorite Megaman Music

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
Why, yes, I am copying that Sonic thread. The Blue Bomber and his many incarnations have produced an awful lot of iconic tunes since his NES days, and I'm sure you have a few you'd like to share.

Anyway, I'm going to post a few songs I like from the Battle Network days, as that was my favorite series and this thread will be bombarded with Wily's Castle remixes seconds after hitting the refresh button, so you X and Classic fans will get your fix soon enough, conflabbit!! Take some time to listen to a few. More importantly, post your own. Maybe make a top 10.
You'll be hard-pressed to find better dungeon music.
If there were any one song I could have in the next Smash Bros, it would be this.
Nothing particularly special, especially when compared to the rest of the thread, but it's just so happy! :)

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
For me I wasn't as big of a Megaman fan, but Megaman Legends and Megaman Legends 2 had some really good tracks if you ask me.

Now for Legends 1/Megaman 64 Music! :D

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Absolutely.

Ironically, I found one of the worst games in the franchise to have one of the best soundtracks, and given that even the ones who have played it will be reluctant to post it, I shall make that my 'theme':

Also seen some fairly good original fan songs of late in this one, Mega Man Unlimited, and Mega Man Revolution:

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
WhiteFangofWar said:
Also seen some fairly good original fan songs of late in this one, Mega Man Unlimited, and Mega Man Revolution:
That last track is awesome. Reminds me a lot of something that would play in Cave Story, only sped up.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I like quite a bit of the music, but I have a soft spot for a few:

Fight, X! - Megaman X: Command Mission

Megaman X Storm Eagle Theme

Cannonball/Hard Revenge - Megaman Zero

Techsmart07

Mar 5, 2011
Brendan Stepladder said:
WhiteFangofWar said:
That last track is awesome. Reminds me a lot of something that would play in Cave Story, only sped up.
Never heard that one before, I like it. I'm going to avoid the dr wily's song from megaman 2, since that's been beaten to death. Some of my favorites...

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I haven't played enough Megaman games but so far I love the final stage theme in Megaman Zero 4. Unfortunately I couldn't find a video with just the music itself but it's present here after the text and between each boss battle.

Perfect impending doom riff for those of you who are sick of happiness :-D

Edit: Found it! The most epic score I've ever heard from a Megaman game.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
edit: someone beat me to megaman 3's opening.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Pffffft, great selections, to be sure (as if there's one thing you must always give credit to the Mega Man series, it's having kick ass music). Buuuuuuuut I'm afraid I get the honor of posting the best of the bunch:

Another honorable mention:

Annnnnd pretty much all the Sigma stages from MMX:
Stage 1:

Stage 2:

Stage 3:

Hell, even Stage 4's endless 3 second loop is great

And of course, the final boss fight itself:

But it turns out I was lying earlier

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Of the actual songs, I really love Armored Armadillo's theme:

So swingin'.

Of the remixes, I absolutely adore Passing The Blue Crown (from OC ReMix of course):

Just. Gobsmacked. By awesome.

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
A couple from Mega Man 2

Wily's Fortress
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTbfpkByIM8

Wood Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvAAOmoEftg

Apr 8, 2010
Well apart from the ones already mentioned, I have a soft spot for two in particular

In terms of remixes I love this orchestral rendition of the openings to Megaman 2 and 3,

and also,

Skeleon said:
Of the actual songs, I really love Armored Armadillo's theme:

So swingin'.
Yes! I love that theme, too. Especially this rendition here,

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Brendan Stepladder said:
this thread will be bombarded with Wily's Castle remixes seconds after hitting the refresh button, so you X and Classic fans will get your fix soon enough, conflabbit!!
Your wish is my command, OP!

Capcom should get both a hint and a clue and revive the blue bomber. I doubt they'll have the intelligence and ambition to do it, however.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
RJ 17 said:
Yessss! Came in to post this very track.

Still worth posting this version:

ASan83

Mar 11, 2011
Hmmmmm... Definitely have to go Wily Stage 1 here. Just not the one you're thinking about. A forgotten classic.

And from Mega Man X5, probably my favorite piece of game music ever.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
WoW Killer said:
RJ 17 said:
Yessss! Came in to post this very track.

Still worth posting this version:

What's REALLY funny is the fact that I saw and listened to that while I was looking up the real version that I posted. I went out to grab some lunch, planning to edit that version into my post when I got back. :3

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008

Some of the best video game music I've heard come out of a TV's speakers, for certain.