Favorite OBSCURE Movie

Tohru_Readman

Sep 14, 2009
A couple of these movies are just older rather than obscure but I thought it would be worth listing them.

20/30/40
Fear and Trembling
American Splendor
Seventh Seal
Matter of Life and Death

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
Not sure how obscure it is, if it all- but The Legend of 1900 would be mine. Fantastic music.

Chess__x

Aug 4, 2009
I'm gonna go with 'Disco Pigs' as I currently haven't met anyone else who's seen it other than people I've shown it to. But I know plenty of others must have seen it... anyone? I'm surprised how many films people are considering as 'obscure' that I would say are either just very popular or are even cult films. Actually I'm also going with 'Breakfast on Pluto'. Cillian Murphy is such a good actor ^.^

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
BrotherhoodOfSteel said:
Castle of Cagliostro. Only me and a friend of mine who knows of Lupin the Third, are the only people that I know of who've watched it.
I love that film so much, I've been waiting for film4 to show the others but no luck so far.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
"Suck my wand? Its magic!"

Lets see who gets that one. Cookies for the winner!

Anime Guru

Sep 30, 2009
cabalistics said:
I've seen so many obscure weird and cult movies over my life it might take a while to remember them all let alone write them down but in no particular order

Dead Leaves
Both Appleseed movies
Battle Royale
Tank Girl
Tron
Paprika
All amazing movies. Dead Leaves I can't even describe to people because it's one of those movies you have to see to understand.
Appleseed: 'nuff said.
I literally introduced my entire school to the awsomeness that is Battle Royale by simply reading the book.
To this day I can't find a single person in my town who knows what Tank Girl is.
Tron I don't think could be counted as obscure with the massive following it has.
Paprika was so good I spent days on the internet trying to find something more about it.

I know it's been said already, but Hard Candy is simply amazing, and it messes with your brain.
But by far the wierdest and least heard of movie I've ever seen is Cube 2: Hypercube, it will entertain you and make you want to run screaming from it at the same time.

vffggtrfeedd

Oct 7, 2009
Il Postino's a really good Italian movie. As well Thumbsucker was a decent indie movie that passed by a few years ago. Kenneth Branagh's version of Hamlet is obscure in Canada, but I couldn't speak for Britain.

cabalistics

May 4, 2009
Tron was pretty low level cult for years till it found it's audience otherwise it would'nt have taken 27 years to make a sequel and still a lot of regular people have never seen it just the nerds.

Cube 2 was alright but it's obviously a lower grade sequel trying to over complicate a simple original concept butt the original Cube is awesome

Anime Guru said:
cabalistics said:
I've seen so many obscure weird and cult movies over my life it might take a while to remember them all let alone write them down but in no particular order

Dead Leaves
Both Appleseed movies
Battle Royale
Tank Girl
Tron
Paprika
All amazing movies. Dead Leaves I can't even describe to people because it's one of those movies you have to see to understand.
Appleseed: 'nuff said.
I literally introduced my entire school to the awsomeness that is Battle Royale by simply reading the book.
To this day I can't find a single person in my town who knows what Tank Girl is.
Tron I don't think could be counted as obscure with the massive following it has.
Paprika was so good I spent days on the internet trying to find something more about it.

I know it's been said already, but Hard Candy is simply amazing, and it messes with your brain.
But by far the wierdest and least heard of movie I've ever seen is Cube 2: Hypercube, it will entertain you and make you want to run screaming from it at the same time.

jebus4you

Jul 11, 2009
if walle is obscure than yeah wall-e. but to get really obscure i didnt really hate Dune which i thought i was gunna but it wasnt that bad

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
Rashomon (well-known in some circles but not in the general public at all) and Erasrhead.

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
Chiefmon said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Chiefmon said:
"Dodgeball" or "Cabin Fever".

Mine is "Shaun of the Dead" and "The Fifth Element".
None of those are oscure. Seriously.

My favourite obscure movies are:
  • The Butterfly Effect - I've only met 2 people who've heard of it.
Who the hell HASN'T heard of the butterfly effect?!
I had the same thought

I would say Donnie Darko, but see as how many people on here know what that is and despise it, I think it best not to.