Aunel said:
Berethond said:
Aunel said:
I think Nonpoint, they are awesome.

and of course, I could call myself a musician,
I play a certain instrument,
starting with B
ending with ASS
So, if you play in a band, you would be one BAnD bASS, huh?
thank you for my mid morning laugh, I love you now.
You're welcome.
I went to Cal State one time, and all their tuba players had that on the back of their shirts. It was hilarious.

Jamienra

Nov 7, 2009
Novskij said:
aruseusx said:
Jamienra said:
Black Tide. They boomed for a year, then were never heard of again...
None of them are 21 and they are pretty talented. Too bad they shifted to a more mellow approach.

OT - Devin Townsend. He has his own label (How indie for a metal guy) and he plays in other bands besides Steve Vai and Strapping Young Lad.

He's not really obsecure....
The OP said underated too

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
None of my friends knew about the band Clutch before I told them. More people probably know about them now, due to the fact that their song Electric Worry was used for the L4D2 trailer, but I still think of them as fairly obscure.

The Clinger

Dec 30, 2009
Gilbert Munch said:
Da Vinci's Notebook
Too bad they aren't together anymore. Paul and Storm formed their own group together though. They open for and accompany Jonathan Coulton.

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
The Clinger said:
Gilbert Munch said:
Da Vinci's Notebook
Too bad they aren't together anymore. Paul and Storm formed their own group together though. They open for and accompany Jonathan Coulton.
Indeed. I was disappointed to discover them and Moxy Fruvous last year and then learn that DVN had broken up five years ago and Moxy ten.

El_Moss

Jul 21, 2009
The Protomen :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGvqMXYhYhU&feature=related (How do you do videos?)

You really have to read the lyrics at the same time because it's a rock opera and there's extra story... But it's a rock opera about MEGA MAN. And they're not just some geeky tribute band, they actually sound good, especially their second album.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Aunel said:
I think Nonpoint, they are awesome.

and of course, I could call myself a musician,
I play a certain instrument,
starting with B
ending with ASS
Ive a cover of "In the air Tonight" on my iPod my Nonpoint... And I like it... your are the only other person I've heard mention them...

OT: Buckethead would be my favourite obscure artist...

At the moment I'd say Babylon Zoo are my favourite underground/underrated band...

Snork Maiden

Snork snork
Nov 25, 2009
Until I left sixth form I was under the impression that Art Brut where, apart form being awesome both live or otherwise, quite well known. Turns out not.