Favorite of the Following

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
I'm going to try and be a little left of field because no-one is interested in finding out someone likes Game of Thrones, Pulp Fiction and chocolate.

Movie: LA Confidential. Only watched it relatively recently, but it does such an excellent job of the beginning of the movie, with multiple things and characters all of which are interesting, that when the duo finally come together, it is so effective, and so satisfying, I don't think I've seen a better duo set up in any movie since. The movie keeps things from reaching their generic progression for so long that when it comes together it's magnificent.

Book: Temeraire - An alternate world set in the Napoleonic wars with intelligent dragons that poses some interesting ethical questions regarding their treatment and use, but mainly is written hilariously. The dragon is sort of a naive idealist and that balances so well with his human counterpart, who was a successful naval captain with his life set out nicely before he was required to take the dragon, and now has to balance his conscience and Temeraire's with his loyalty and common sense, and there are all sorts of other characters. It's great.

Food: I like a lot of food, but I'm going to go with octopus, because gosh darn it's delicious. Also sesame seeds wherever they are found, and mochi. I won't go on.

TV Show: Psycho-Pass - I love the idea of this scenario, I'm a bit of a sucker for dystopian futures. Some of the characters are a bit archetypal, but the events are still pretty grounded for the scenario. I haven't really thought about how I like it beyond the concept, the coherency of the plot and the world exploration, but here it is, recommended watching. It beats Saumrai Champloo and Archer and Boondocks because it doesn't have any filler that I remember and always keeps you on your toes. Also contending for this category is Luther, but I thought I'd recommend an anime, and Code Geass, which I've seen mentioned already.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
Movie: This is a hard one, I like so many different movies for as many different reasons. I'll go with Shaun of the Dead though, it's just a perfect movie to sit back & enjoy without needing to think to hard about it. I'll also watch The Incredibles every time it's on, so that would also be a good contender.

Book: I gotta go with Frank Herberts Dune series, all of them. That is a universe that has made me say "Wow" on so many occasions. A good runner up would be The Silmarillion, but I find certain parts of it to be a chore to get through.

Food: It has to be this monstrosity...
It's a heart attack waiting to happen & I think I took a couple days off my life span eating the thing, but it was worth it. All it's missing is bacon.

TV Show: That's actually quite easy one. Futurama. It was great with it's first seasons & I was so happy when it was brought back from the dead. They also managed to end it in a very good way. Loved it all the way through.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Ooh darn, I hate favorite lists. Soooo many choices to chose from. Well, anyways, here I go!

My favorite movie? Jeez, I really can't decide. It's a tie between Cabin in the Woods, the best thing Joss Whedon has written outside of Doctor Horrible's Sing-along Blog (which I'm not counting as a movie, as it started as a webshow, otherwise it would be my actual choice) and REPO! the Genetic Opera, Which iis a gory, fantastic musical with some damn catchy songs.

Book? For a long time, my answer to this was always the same, A series of unfortunate Events but recently a new star has arisen. Callahan's Crosstime Saloon, written by coolest name ever Spider Robinson. It has such an interesting premise, a bar where time travelers, aliens and espers gather around for a good drink and tell stories, or have pun competitions, and such. it's just a shame I can't find the sequels anywhere

Food: Probably my hardest choice to make, but since I'm having a massive sweet tooth right now, I'm going to have to say a turtle sundae... inside an elephant ear. A specialty at my local ice cream shop. By the nondenominational gods I swear there is nothing better than putting Ice cream in a bow made of the best carnival food.

Finally, the TV show. Cross out what I said earlier, this is the hardest choice, If only because I don't exactly watch much tv outside of anime, which I'm not counting because Crunchyroll isn't a TV. So this one boils down to a three way tie between Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, And Wander Over Yonder. The three best cartoons on the air.

purf

Nov 29, 2010
Man, that's really one
Of All the Possible Answers I am Going to Pick...[footnote]okay, notable mentions: Léon, Diva, 12 Monkeys,... | Hitchhiker's Guide | My Chili con Carne | Star Trek TSG, The Walking Dead [/footnote]

I dunno Brazil
I dunno The Corrections
I dunno no, wait. Indian. Vindaloo.
I dunno Friends

Daniel Janhagen

Mar 28, 2011
Movie: Ghost World
That one was at least easy. It isn't the greatest movie ever (though it is good!), but it speaks to me on a personal level. I was those characters, not just during the movie, but in life. I was both Rebecca and Enid, and to some extent Seymour. I am not anymore, but I still remember, and the movie still connects (rewatched it a couple of months ago).

Book: The collected stories of Conan, by Robert E Howard. I can't pick just one story, because they're all go together (and they're not very long, or many - they all fit into a nearly regular size book).
This was much harder, because I love so many, but a choice I made. Conan is just such an admirable character, the scenes are so vivid, and the feeling you get reading them is like what that guy was saying in the Conan movie, just before Conan "corrects" him, about what is best in life. I swear I can almost feel the wind in my hair, and the air in my lungs feel filled with extra potent, fresh, cold air. Linkylink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc
Also, you know, remembering with Maya Angelou's death, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings is actually pretty damn good.

Food: Ribeye steak, fried with butter in a pan (rare to medium rare), with garlic butter, butter fried potatoes, a fresh greek style salad (yes, really) and a cold Dr Pepper, or some sort of long drink with bourbon.
I don't really have an explanation for this, apart from "butter...".

TV show: Mad Men
There are tons of shows I love, and some I like better than Mad Men, but I decided to make it easy on myself and pick something that is actually on TV now. So, out of everything that is currently on TV, see above. For best of all TV I've ever seen, I would have to think about it much much longer. It's been mentioned above in the thread, but I also need to give honorable mention to The Venture Bros. because awesome.

Halla Burrica

May 18, 2014
Movie: That's a list that changes pretty frequently when I actually watch movies (which isn't as often as I'd like), but my top one is a french movie from 2001 called Amélie, or Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain.

Book: The Harry Potter series, as a whole. They may not be the best books I've read, but they hold a special place in my heart.

Food: Eeeeh, maybe Pizza. I know, it sounds lame as hell, but I'm really not picky when it comes to these sort of things.

Tv: Breaking Bad. There are many words i could use to describe Breaking Bad, but I only really need one word: Perfect.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Okay i will just pick whatever i remember right now

Movie:
Jurassic Park? lol
I watched the HD 3d improved version yesterday by accident, it was amazing how real it looked.... and that was not always a good thing, for example the tree sitting scene looked very fake
Amazing to see some scenes non VHS blurred though
Book:
I aint done readin no much of them books, Desperation by Sthephan King is one that really stuck in my memory, not sure if i like it to
I guess i would default to Dune by Frank Herbert or Jules Verne otherwise
I am expecting great things from Dan Abnetts Horus Rising, i have read much of it on the warhammer wiki, lol
Food:
Pommes frites, Pastas with broccoli (did not expect to start to like that) or Fried Chicken in chili sauce
Drink: Green tea, Kyoto sencha
TV Show:
Stargate is a very nice modernization of the oldest sagas