Favorite race in Dawn of War

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
i'm always torn between orkz and spess mehreens. orks have more personality, but space marines are more badass.

this thread needs moar DAKKA.

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
Danzaivar said:
I really like the Eldar because of your ability to keep yout entire army inside the webways, combined with stealthing your ENTIRE BASE and being able to teleport it all to anywhere on the map. There's just something I find freaking awesome about that.
This for me as well. Nothing beats the mobility of the Eldar, coupled with their highly specialized units that kicks ass once you learn to micro them. And nothing is as hilarious as teleporting your bonesinger to that one unseen corner of your opponents base, build a webway gate, and then wait 'till he's out...

Special mention goes to Dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Longshot said:
Dark Eldar really do put the glass in glass cannon though. I swear warrior squads fall over and die if you look at them funny.

Feb 7, 2009
I play as the Imperial Guard because they are ordinary men facing the greatest horrors the galaxy has ever known with nothing but flak-jackets, flashlights, and bayonets. Also, their tanks are fuck'n a!

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
I don't like races, because I am very slow. Ooooh, you mean those races? Yea, necron, I used to play war hammer 40K and they where awesome.

wolfister

Oct 20, 2008
The Imperial Guard the soldiers of the front line the soldiers who do not rely on genetic modification. No my brothers and I are the true human soldiers of the Imperium!

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
GloatingSwine said:
Longshot said:
Dark Eldar really do put the glass in glass cannon though. I swear warrior squads fall over and die if you look at them funny.
Most certainly. On the other hand, they are quite strong considering how early you can get them, the damage they can dish out, and the huge morale damage. And damn are they fast.

Searleski

Aug 14, 2009
It is definately the Imperial Guard, just because I can say 'Send in more Men!' before hurling waves of infantry at the enemy base.

Oh and they have the Baneblade.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Longshot said:
GloatingSwine said:
Longshot said:
Most certainly. On the other hand, they are quite strong considering how early you can get them, the damage they can dish out, and the huge morale damage. And damn are they fast.
True, but all of the same can be said of Hellions, which aren't made of papier mache.

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
Longshot said:
GloatingSwine said:
Longshot said:
Granted. Though Hellions require one more building, and Warriors can, by that point, be mounted on transport which allow them to jump.

But I'm not a comptetitive player - I have played loads of matches, but only against the same 7 people. So my experience might be biased.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Longshot said:
Granted. Though Hellions require one more building, and Warriors can, by that point, be mounted on transport which allow them to jump.
You can build the Dark Foundry at tier 1. Dark Eldar are the only race that can do this, everyone else needs Tier 2 to get their vehicle building up (and you need Tier 2 to get Raiders, which are also made of cardboard, and not even very stiff cardboard). The build delay to get the first Hellion squad out is only about 30 seconds longer than the first warrior squad, and each Hellion has more than twice the HP of a Warrior. Going Dark Foundry first and getting Hellions and Reaver Jetbikes out is one of the stronger plays for Dark Eldar, because they're all stupid fast and can harrass the enemy's economy like nothing on earth. You can basically ignore the Hall of Blood until tier 2 when you'll want Scourges to deal with enemy armour that's starting to hit the field.