Favorite Soundtracks In Film

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
Dazed and Confused

Boogie Nights

The Third Man

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (warning: spoilers)

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
The Battle of Algiers

Burn!

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

I think used in Pather Panchali

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
All the french cop movies of the 80s and 70s, no matter how dumb or clever, classic or cheesy, profound or tacky, were redeemed by their glorious music (and, often, their dialogues). I mean, seriously :

Colombier :

Morricone :

Sarde :

Morricone again :

De Roubaix :

Lai :

And also Morricone :

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Yes, I'm partial to John Barry, but I so love the work of Marvin Hamlisch on The Spy Who.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This song is in the Japanese version of Across the Spider-Verse. Why couldn't this song be in the American/World release?

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Empire Records, it’s soundtrack is probably the reason this charming but niche movie about working in an old school record store (making it look awesome, admittedly) is even remembered at all.

Also props to the film crew and Maxwell Caulfield (Rex Manning) for producing a full blown music video the full length of the in-universe song “Say No More (Mon Amour)” for use in the film. It should have been on the soundtrack but alas.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I love every song from Digimon The Movie. Here are my top 3 favorites.

The thing I like about the Digimon movie soundtrack is that it’s almost like a baby’s first alt or punk album. Especially when you compare it to the very pop focused Pokémon the First Movie album. Rather apt really since that’s also sort of how the two anime relate to one another.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
The thing I like about the Digimon movie soundtrack is that it’s almost like a baby’s first alt or punk album. Especially when you compare it to the very pop focused Pokémon the First Movie album. Rather apt really since that’s also sort of how the two anime relate to one another.
Also, the lead singer of the Bare Naked Ladies remembers his contribution to the Digimon soundtrack and enjoyed the movie.

And speaking of Pokemon, remember how they got Donna Summer to contribute to Pokemon 2000's soundtrack?

We truly lived in a Pokemon world during the 90s and 2000s.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Also, the lead singer of the Bare Naked Ladies remembers his contribution to the Digimon soundtrack and enjoyed the movie.

And speaking of Pokemon, remember how they got Donna Summer to contribute to Pokemon 2000's soundtrack?

We truly lived in a Pokemon world during the 90s and 2000s.
We did indeed. In fact, Jason Paige - he of the OG English Pokémon theme - recorded an original song as a send off to Ash. Not soundtrack related but in the spirit of the back and forth I thought I’d share.

Okay, another soundtrack I really like is, ironically, Starship Troopers. The movie’s script might have been taking the piss but Basil Poledouris once again delivers a brilliant score.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Rugrats In Paris features two vastly different yet equally memorable songs:

Rest in peace, Sinead O'Connor.