Favorite Video Game Weapons

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
The Stock Market in Sid Meier's Railroads.
None can stand before the mighty whims of Rail Economy!
BuWaHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Projekt Spartan

Dec 19, 2007
Reaper (Perfect Daek)
Plasma, Spike, Firebomb Grenades (Halo 3)
Throwung Knives (Assassins Creed
Lancer Chainsaw (Gears of War)
Multi-Purpose Rifle (dont want to find the name of the gun) from the splinter cell games.

Gansasalite

Jan 2, 2008
I would Have to say:

-Pistol (Halo: Combat Evolved) Please Tell me What kind of Real Pistol has a scope.

-Flail of Ages (Baldurs Gate: Shadows of Amn) Not the strongest weapon, but effective and a Cool little Bugger. Also very useful against Trolls.

-Super Shotgun (Quake 2) Anything With Super in front of Shotgun deserves mention.

The Gravity Gun is obvious, but my Favourite Ammo for the Gravity Gun is:

-Sawblade
-Wire Cutters
-Can of Fire?
-Barrel of Fire?
-Energy Balls (Upgraded Gun)
-Unfortunate Enemy Soldiers (Upgraded Gun)

The Poet

Jan 2, 2008
I disagree with all of you. The most powerful weapon ever developed in any game has to be...

The God Diamond- Sims Series

Why many of you may not think of this as a weapon let me put the spin on it. With this you can create an army of minions who will do whatever your whim is. I mean sure, you have to look after these retard babies but still, it's infinite potential. I could just use it, take control of you, build walls around you, and then destroy the door. Or I could make a pool with you inside it and "forget" to add in a ladder and sit back with a bag of popcorn and wait until the bubbles have stopped. So I guess Sims may have succeed in making the best weapon ever... Which surprises me... Wait... Damn it, one of my minions has burnt a grilled cheese and the firemen are there, I guess I have to end this now.

worgun

Jan 3, 2008
Fusion lance - homeworld and homeworld 2
Caladebog - Final fantasy X
Xenosaga- X-buster/ R-cannon/ Sion's MWS. (spell ray was my favorite)
Telepathy (bioshock)
orbital bombardment (Dawn of war-dark crusade)

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
super grav-gun (half life 2)
lighting (fable)
and its not a weapon but i loved those strange cammel... things from star wars battlefront. people just killed themselves with grenades while i ran past. my friend even named on duchess. we're all a little worried about him.
also HYPERGUN.(quake 2)
all games should have a HYPERGUN and it should allways be spelt HYPERGUN. if not HYPERGUN then maby HYPERSHOTGUN or HYPERENERGYGUN you see the possibilities are endless.

HYPERGUN !!!

Specture

Jan 3, 2008
1) the double sided purple knob thats in GTA:SA :p
2) The Specter elite assault riffle that you get at the end of Mass Effect.
3) My engineers tool box in TF2 :), with wrench ofc.

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
5. Peace Maker-- Jak 2/3
Shoots a giant ball of death that lashes out with arcs of energy at everything in its path. And also anything that isn't in its path.

4. Lazy Shell-- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Big fat giant red shell with wings.

3. Finger-- Phoenix Wright
Phoenix's mighty index finger strikes fear into the hearts of his enemies.

2. Tyranitar-- Pokemon
Also known as the Armor Pokemon, who in my case was affectionately named "FuckYouUp". Substitute, Focus Punch, Crunch, and Thunderbolt.

1. Nevan-- Devil May Cry 3
Purple electric guitar/Scythe/Long range bat launcher. QED.

Sib

Dec 22, 2007
Portal Gun
BFG9000 its required to say that isnt it?
Minions, i love those little critters

Favourite weapon that will never make it to a game:
Rocket Proppelled Chainsaw...

Incommunicado

Jul 13, 2006
1. the double barrelled shotgun (Doom2)
2. BFG9000 (Doom)
3. Football (Dead Rising is full of fun, fantastic stuff to crack zombie heads wide open)
4. .357 Revolver (Halflife2)
5. Assault rifle attached chainsaw (Gears of War, no other kind of multiplayer frag is more rewarding)

Nikonov

Dec 4, 2007
Until someone creates the ultimate weapon; a shotgun that fires little chainsaws, I'm going to have to go with any kind of grenade launcher. Explosions are great and there's nothing more satisfying than *FOOMP* ... *BOOM!*

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
Personal favorites that stick out, in no real order:

1) The Shrinker from Duke 3d (the people I played against never figured out that steriods countered its effects)
2) The "Tiny Chainsaws" that you got from Adam in Dead Rising. And most of the other stuff in Dead Rising.
3) Despite my general dislike of Halo 3, I will grant that the gravity hammer was fun.
4) Proximity Mines in Goldeneye (man, were those ever a blast )
5) The Speargun in AvP:2, which is not to be confused with AvP:Requiem (mostly for the laugh)
6) Doom 3's Soul Cube always made me think, "So that's what a vorpal blade sounds like."
7) Finally, the shotgun. It doesn't really matter what game.

- J

ImperialPyromancer

Jan 3, 2008
What I can't believe is that 2 people have mentioned Perfect Dark, yet neither has mentioned the Farsight. This is the most overpowered weapon of ALL time. 1 hit kill that shoots through walls AND tracks your target for you. A testement to its power is that no other game has done it (to my knowledge), due to the sheer overpoweredness of the damn thing. Weapons incorporating some kind of nuke are 3 a penny these days these days...

uberlad

Dec 16, 2007
since we're apparently trying to go for new ones...

Spread Needle (from Phantasy Star)

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
I'm going to go with the Hammer Of Dawn from gears of War and Sol Blade from Golden Sun 2 (i Think). Nothing says pwned then unleashing pure destruction from space.

The Potato Lord

Dec 20, 2007
1)The Tank fron Dead Rising, You had to fight it but still it launched clouds of mini helicopters with machine guns, could fire 4 milliles sumultainously, and had a laser guided turret.
2)The Portable Air Strike(Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction)
3)The Grill of any player controlled vehicle that moves fast
4)The Boots(Dead Rising + Crackdown)
5)The Minions(Overlord)
6)Claymores (CoD4)
7)Soverign's lasers(Mass Effect)

-insert-name-here-

Jan 3, 2008
The Rynocirator (Ratchet & Clank 3)
Energy sword (Halo 2+3)
sheepinator (Ratchet & Clanc 2 Locked and Loaded)
Throwing daggers (assassins creed)
Avo's Tear (Fable The lost chapters)

JakubK666

Jan 1, 2008
Using re-programmed HL2 turrets as a mobile weapon by carrying it around = powerfull SMG with auto-aim and unlimited ammo that looks really cool.