Favorite Weapons in media

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Honestly, the Vision of Confluence from Destiny.

Not much of a looker, but has the most important quality a weapon needs - satisfaction. Getting several headshots in a row with this thing feels fantastic.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Probably Iures, from the Night Angel trilogy. A very interesting weapon, it can shape-shift, and it does some very cool things for a magic user.

ForumSafari

Sep 25, 2012
I'm a big fan of space combat so I love ship mounted weapons. My personal favourite is probably railguns, in part because they're tantalisingly close to existing. Some of my favourite fictional ships are owned by the Dindrenzi Federation from Firestorm Armada, their ships are commonly built around a core railgun of colossal power, which means that toe to toe their ships are capable of thoroughly wrecking an enemy formation before it can even return fire.

This design also makes their ships look a whole lot more purposeful and imposing than a lot of other sci-fi ships, an opponent seeing a Dindrenzi vessel closing is literally looking down the barrel of a gun.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
the railway rifle from fallout 3 power full effective fun it fires railway spikes that impale it has a train like woo woo when it fires and a microwave ding when its ready for another shot.

only complaint was due to bugs before it was patched it would freeze the game every time you fired.

I was gutted when it wasn't in new Vegas even though its model can be seen someplace.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
ForumSafari said:
My personal favourite is probably railguns,
If you haven't seen this yet, you should it made me super happy for the same reasons!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hqm-9Cdkk0

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
thaluikhain said:
Eddie the head said:
I've always had a thing for spears. Swords are for a hero, hammers for a noble, and axes are for a savage. Spears are for someone who is a little more clever. Think Odin in mythology. A warrior no doubt, but he's not going to out fight you he's going to out think you.
Also useful for large blocks of infantry who want to win battles.
Well yeah, but I was mostly talking about the thematic purpose of the weapon not really the practical one. Considering the question was about weapons in media.

Edit. I guess the point could be that it's for practical thinkers.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
InB4 Dr who Fans by saying the Sonic Screwdriver since all of the good ones has been mention already!
Oh, by that token the old Daleks guns, which made the target go all negative cause it was an easy special effect.