Favourate classic game?

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
alexhayter86 said:
Day of the Tentacle!
YES! I LOVED DotT! And Sam and Max!

My all-time favourite classic will have to be Return to Zork. Oh, how I wish I could run that old girl again.

"What's that?! Who's there? Who're you?! What's the password? I can't let you in without the password. And don't try swordfish, I know it's not that. I tried it myself, and I couldn't get in! So I KNOW it's not that. We haven't had any visitors here since, oh I dunno how long! You must be another one of Ruper's sweepstakes winners, huh? Alright, so what's the password? Did you say the password already? I can't remember. I can't let you in without the password, so you must have already said it, huh?"

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
LauraKat said:
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
You have NO idea how long I've been trying to remember that name! I bought that game years and years ago, and lost it somewhere. I think I loaned it to someone and never got it back! I remember it first sparked an interest in the Grail mythos, waaayyy before Dan Brown's crappy book.

Baroque

Feb 10, 2008
Super Metroid the best....what can you class Super Metroid like? Adveture 2d? anyway its the best (atleast) Metroid game ever and it will forever be in my heart

doughnut

Feb 7, 2008
The Marathon Trilogy [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathon_Trilogy] will always be in my mind as one of the best games (Marathon, Durandal and Infinity) ever.

And two other games that will always remind me of fun times with old friends are Spaceward Ho [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolo_%28computer_game%29].

I suppose if you weren't a Mac user back in the 90s, you would have no clue about those games.

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
Commander Keen Episode VI: Aliens Ate My Babysitter

(I consider many of the other choices too modern. :p)

MaraN88

Jan 14, 2008
dunno if it's old school enough but Oni was one of my favorite games for a long time.

sirvivealot

Feb 11, 2008
privateer 2: the darkening! best game ever.

i often tried, but i never got privateer 1 to run on any of my pcs... not even the remake.

p1ne

Nov 20, 2007
I loved Apogee's Monster Bash when I was little.

In more recent years the classic game that I have come to appreciate the most is Ogre Battle for the SNES. Amazing, groundbreaking piece of software.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Who can forget Super Mario World.
Other than the obvious (see above), I miss the popularity of 1943.

doughnut

Feb 7, 2008
MaraN88 said:
dunno if it's old school enough but Oni was one of my favorite games for a long time.
I'd probably still be playing Oni if it had the local/online multiplayer it was meant to have. :)

dade-

Feb 12, 2008
Front Mission, SNES. You want classics, you have to play it old school. Also Bomberman.

OH! And the UFO/X-Com series. (minus the 3rd person perspective pile of tripe shooter)