Favourite Album of 2013?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
So far my favorite album this year has been Black Sabbath's 13. I've been listening to it a lot since it came out about a month ago.

Daft Punk's Random Access Memories is pretty damn good as well. I know in September Nine Inch Nails has a new album coming out and so far the first single is pretty damn good, so it may be my favorite one of the year if that song is any indication.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Chromatic Aberration said:
Well Copper Tongue & Gamma Knife are pretty much the only albums I didn't get too much into yet - most notably because I have yet to devote an evening to closely listen to them. As for Ayreon, not as far as I know though I have only looked around sparsely. Also got to skim through your list there - there's many a name I do not know yet ;)
Heh, yeah well there's a few in their I'm not overly familiar with either but just thought from what I've heard (more about them than actually having sampled anything at this stage, at least one of those albums isn't even released yet) that they might be worth checking out at some point. If you're looking for more Jazz-fusiony stuff I'd definitely recommend giving Exivious a crack.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
I gotta check out; Stone Sour, Gorguts, Coheed & Cambria, Harcore Superstar, Portal, Shai Hulud, Manilla Road, Coffin, Keep Of Kalessin

Maybe Voivod, Krokus, Volbeat, Rotten Sound too

Here is a nice list i found of all albums toyear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_albums_released_in_2013

I have not heard very many albums, so i guess my favourite is still De Ödeslösa from Thyrfing
Heard: Immolation ~ Kingdom Of Conspiracy, Hypocrisy ~ End Of Disclosure, The Monolith Deathcult ~ Tetragrammaton and probably something else i can not remember

Mot Hels grind vi gå hand i hand

Viper1265

Jul 12, 2009
Can very late 2012 count? At the very least I first heard this in 2013.

If not than this is fully 2013, both are great, cant pick favorites.

Somehow I've come into the position of mainly listening to Touhou.

Bonk4licious

Jul 5, 2013
I've had a hard time getting into my typical rock and metal lately, as all my favorite bands tend to decline in their later works with some clear motivation having been lost. I will never destroy a rock CD again like I did Stone Sour's Come What(Ever) May, and while that was their second big release it was a great climax in their career and I don't quite feel it anymore from them like I used to, while I still enjoy the occasional listen to their singles. But this year what saved me was Jolly coming out with a new album, with the ridiculously catchy "Firewell" that I just can't stop listening to:

I think, with my rock listening, another revive effort came from Megadeth, while it was a very generic album, it felt like an album that just delivered that updated 80's rock feel, without trying to go over the top or not do enough. It just kind of happened, and it's my main album for playing online games to now.

And Clutch NAILED the Earth Rocker album this year.

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
*twitch* *twitch*

FUCK YOU ASSHOLES
FUCK YOU ASSHOLES
Greetings from the heart
FUCK YOU ASSHOLES
FUCK YOU ASSHOLES
SINCERELY WITH LOVE!!!

(Yes, there was a point to that.)

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
From what little I've heard this year, I'd say Summonings "Old Mornings Dawn" album.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Uuurgh, I love too many albums to cherry pick one, so I'll post them all.

In no particular order:
Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork
Clutch - Earth Roker
Kvelertak - Meir
Kylesa - Ultraviolet
Editors - The Weight of Your Love.
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Push the Sky Away
Coheed & Cambria - Descension

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Well, gotta go with this as an album that is out now.

But in August the new Zebrahead album is gonna come out. Which i am really looking forward to.

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
No question, What About Now by Bon Jovi! A great mix of These Days and Lost Highway, my two favourite albums :D They're such phenomenal songwriters- the only band I can think of who treat music as an art.

EDIT: And looking at the thread I guess Bon Jovi isn't as popular in this kind of community...