Favourite alcoholic beverage?

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
Oh boy! An Irish Car Bomb is my favorite drinks, hands-down.

You take a mug with a full Guinness in it, and a shot glass, which you fill with half Bailey's Irish Cream and half Jameson Whiskey. Then you drop the shot into the Guinness and chug it as fast as you can.

The speed is important because if you don't finish in time it will curdle. But if you're quick enough it takes like deliciously creamy chocolate. And I don't mean like a shitty "Chocolate Cake" shot that still most definitely tastes like alcohol. I mean it genuinely tastes like chocolate. So good.

If you don't think you can chug a whole beer in under 5 seconds, you can also do it with a half a Guinness.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
I like Dr. Pepper and Captain Morgans Spiced. I call it Dr. Morgan... No wait, Captain Pepper... No, DOCTOR CAPTAIN!!!

NoeL

May 14, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
This beauty!

Nothing like it! Tastes divine! People who don't like alcohol like it! Because it's that damn good!
Personally I think Rekorderligs are much better than Kopparbergs. Give them a go if you haven't already.

Anyway, favourite would either be a lime and strawberry Rekorderlig (if I'm only drinking one or two) or Southern Comfort and coke if I'm drinking all night.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
If I'm really honest with myself I have to admit I'm a lager lout at heart, with a penchant for wheat beers. When I'm not being honest, Cuba Libre, Mojito, Short Black Russian, Semillon, and Pinot Noir (what can I say, I love duck).

Saika Renegade

Nov 18, 2009
I'm partial to the amaretto stone sour, equal parts amaretto, orange juice, and sweet and sour mix. It hits a nice middle ground of being a good challenge drink for drinking games while not destroying your bar tab, and is also easily mixed at house parties.

Alternately, creme de cassis and Italian blood orange soda is also enjoyable if considerably more pretentious as the ingredients usually have to be found at specialty food stores or larger liquor establishments.

Kekkonen1

Nov 8, 2010
I'm on a quest to try as many kinds of gin in my gin&tonic as possible, cannot get enough of it!

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010

I only drink alcohol for the flavour, never to simply get drunk. As a result, over eight years of testing ales and spirits, I found the Hobgoblin. It's the perfect dark ale and I drink it every week.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
My faves would be a draw between rye whiskey and single malt irish whiskey.

For beers, it's blonde and wheat beers.

Used to drink a lot of real ale but it makes me too angry when I drink it, so I stopped.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
RhombusHatesYou said:
octafish said:
Cuba Libre
A real Cuba Libre with the lime and grenadine or just a rum and coke?
White rum, coke and lime, I've never had one with grenadine that I'm aware of. Some bar-tenders down here add brown sugar to it, the fools.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
For me, nothing beats Disaronno and coke. Unless someone brought a bottle of Courvoisier Imperial XO or older, then we're in business.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
octafish said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
octafish said:
Cuba Libre
A real Cuba Libre with the lime and grenadine or just a rum and coke?
White rum, coke and lime, I've never had one with grenadine that I'm aware of. Some bar-tenders down here add brown sugar to it, the fools.
Hmmm... apparently sources disagree over the grenadine...

Anyway, the people putting brown sugar in the drink should be killed forthwith. If the cops ask any questions, just explain about the brown sugar and you'll be fine.

Also... White Rum? Why not just switch to Breezers and be done with it? :p

White/silver spirits should only be drank with a fruit juice mixer or straight out of the bottle in the brown paper bag... the only exception is Silver Tequila can can also be poured into a teaspoon and snorted. Oh, if you want something different, try a Psycho Ex - tequila, lemon juice and a dash of tabasco.

The day they stopped making Passiona is the day I stopped drinking white spirits... wait, no, I have distinct memories of Halls' Fruita softdrink mixed with cheap Kirov vodka being passed around at the local park as well.

Hey, Bundaberg (not the distillery) do a Guava sparkling drink... might have to get some and a bottle Stolly.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Any single malt scotch whiskey over 12 years is fine by me or if it's regular beer I'd have to go with woodchucks hard cider. :)

ElectroJosh

Aug 27, 2009
Single Malts are always good, as is Sake and Beer.

My two favorite beer style is the IPA. And these are some favorites of each of those:

IPA:

And some variances on the IPA: