Favourite character(s) from Greek Mythology

jetpickering

May 7, 2012
Mine would have to be Odysseus. My main reason would be because of his intelligence and 'god-like' presence despite only being mortal. What about you guys? It's a topic I've been interested in and wondered how you guys perceive the characters.w

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Mine is Orpheus. He went down to the depths of hell and confronted Hades himself to get his girl back.

No one man has ever worked that hard for a piece of dat ass in their life. He is to be congradulated.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I like Odysseus a lot too. Some would argue that he was kind of just being used by Athena in a sense, but I always appreciated how determined he was above all else. No matter what happened he kept pushing forward.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Cerberus.
You didn't say it needed to be a hero.

Look at those faces... how can you not love him?

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Shadowstar38 said:
Mine is Orpheus. He went down to the depths of hell and confronted Hades himself to get his girl back.

No one man has ever worked that hard for a piece of dat ass in their life. He is to be congradulated.
Then popped across the chops for pissing it away by looking at her.

OT: Hades,he just sort of says screw you guys and stays out of all the other God's tomfoolery. He does his job and gets to be left alone with his wife.He's respected/feared and seems to enjoy his solitude.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Dionysus - The god of wine and parties. How can you not love this guy? He has the greatest job of all time.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
Molag bal

Cerberus, he is a giant dog! it can't get better. wait he has 3 heads!

DevilWithaHalo

Mar 22, 2011
UncleUlty said:
OT: Hades,he just sort of says screw you guys and stays out of all the other God's tomfoolery. He does his job and gets to be left alone with his wife.He's respected/feared and seems to enjoy his solitude.
Couldn't agree more. The only time he ever seems to get involved is when other people come into this territory and start messing with his stuff. Hello people; your friends and loved ones are dead, they don't belong in the land of the living anymore.

Example of his great character: Hercules asking Hades for Cerberus, and Hades agreeing so long as he was return unharmed. Decent guy.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Eclpsedragon said:
Cerberus.
You didn't say it needed to be a hero.

Look at those faces... how can you not love him?
Love what the artist's done with the wailing faces... but he just looks too much like a freakin' Airedale terrier! 'o_O

Needs to be more wolf-ish... -_-

IamQ said:
Dionysus - The god of wine and parties. How can you not love this guy? He has the greatest job of all time.
I'm a bit iffy about joining him... he's also the god of ritualistic madness...

OT: Bubo... 'cos he's cute!

EDIT: The funny thing being that here, it's Bubo in Latin... Bubo in Greek is associated with the plague... -_-

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Lycoan simply because werewolves are cool and he's pretty much the first one ever

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
I quite enjoy Hephaestus the forge master of the Gods. While technically a God he was immensely weak and considered to be physically lame. Yet he manages to marry Aphrodite (there are numerous views on how this happened, but it did) In Roman belief his name is Vulcan....which for a Star Trek nerd is just awesome.

He also made all the weapons and armor for Gods, and Heroes of Greek Myth. Essentially making him the Q of the Greek World.

Winthrop

Apr 7, 2010
Hephaestus because he is a badass who captured and extorted a god into letting him into Olympus with his own intelligence.

Theseus because he seems like a pretty good guy and I like to picture him yelling "I'll wrestle you to death!" at everything.

Bellerophon (the guy who tamed Pegasus) gets a mention because I feel bad that nobody seems to know who he is even though everyone knows his horse.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Cronus, because the awesome bat-shit insane logic of "one of my children is going to overthrow me apparently, so I'm going to eat them all, oooh this one is a bit crunchy" is something we just don't get nowadays.

N_of_the_dead

Apr 2, 2008
Hades, guy gets a bad rap for just doing his job especially these days where in movies he gets the villain/devil image.

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
werewolfsfury said:
Lycoan simply because werewolves are cool and he's pretty much the first one ever
He was a murderous cannibal. And that was before he got cursed with lycanthropy.

OT; its hard to choose. Mostly because not many of them are particularly nice.

Prometheus seems to me to be a decent fellow, motivated by compassion and a desire to see humans flourish. So naturally he was sentenced to be tortured by Zeus, who also conspired to release all mankind's woes on the world.

Zeus is a dick.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Hades. Everybody usually leaves him alone, and he gets to talk to all the dead celebrities (or at least I assume he does).

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
ClockworkPenguin said:
werewolfsfury said:
He was a murderous cannibal. And that was before he got cursed with lycanthropy.

OT; its hard to choose. Mostly because not many of them are particularly nice.

Prometheus seems to me to be a decent fellow, motivated by compassion and a desire to see humans flourish. So naturally he was sentenced to be tortured by Zeus, who also conspired to release all mankind's woes on the world.

Zeus is a dick.
I... kind of knew that already. the question was about your favorite character not the one that you would like to have over for dinner