Favourite song to listen to whilst playing an MMO; or any other game.

Akurenji

Jul 21, 2008
As many of you will know, the arduous grinding caused me MMO's can sometimes lead to a pretentious repetition; most likely calling for music to ease the boredom.

So I wonder, what's everyones favourite choice of song, or genre, to listen to while playing such games; or any game in general for that matter.

I'm expecting Power Metal with World of Warcraft quite a lot here :p

Akurenji

Jul 21, 2008
Haha, I always enjoyed Cradle of Filth to Gears of War. I always got the impression of a metal-like theme with that game

ShoryukenDude

Mar 24, 2009
Usually, in FPS/TPS/Sandbox games, i've got a playlist full of metal. Anything from Slayer to Iron Maiden to Metallica shows up.

Any other games, I usually stick with he backround music.

j1nx

Jun 5, 2009
Requiem for a dream!
makes building cakes EPIC BEYOND PROPORTIONS

(i do not have a cake building game)

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Back when Baldur's Gate 2 came out I was still in highschool. I had practically simultanously gotten my hands on a copy of BG2, as well as a Greates Hits CD of The Doors. These two were played simultaneously for the next few weeks. To this day I can't hear Riders on the Storm without being taken back to the Docks district of Athkatla on a rainy night, running from vampires...

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Right now I have Hellkrusher's "Intro" song on repeat, it feels like a song that can last forever even though it's about two-minutes long.
Crust Punk is awesome. I just realized that.

Jinxzy

Jul 2, 2008
WoW - my whole itune list.
L4D - Queen ( dunno just sorta works out, <3 You're My Best Friend -Queen when shooting the zombies)
Other games just scroll threw the itunes to find what fits.

Noone From Nowhere

Feb 20, 2009
I tend to listen to the game's soundtrack when playing except for the times when it is funnier to play a tune which clashes with the on-screen action such as using love songs on the i-pod like audio player in Saint's Row (playing 'There Goes My Baby' with a swarm of 'homies' around the player character as he circles a prostitute is a form of comedy not even the people at Volition could have envisioned) or the soundtracks from Kingdom Hearts or Neon Genesis Evangelion being played in True Crime or Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (X-Box versions).
If the in-game tracks begin to grind on my nerves when I've been level-grinding, that's a good sign that I've been playing for too long.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Misfits, dig up her bones. Whenever play it, i instantly start playing better.
Most of the time i listen to disturbed, slipknot, glamour of the kill and rise against. They fit in well with most of the games i play and are pure liquid mega awesome

WinkyTheGreat

Sep 6, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
I don't have a favourite, just put iTunes on Shuffle and play.

Sorry to be boring.
Pretty much this. However, when I'm waiting for Faction Battle in Guild Wars, I tend to play "The Waiting" by Tom Petty since it tends to take several minutes sometimes.

Sev72

Apr 13, 2009
Err... Whatever happens to come up on Pandora next I suppose, I don't have one song I listen to over and over again while playing a game, and no favorite in particular.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
Emma Shapplin's album Carmine Meo. Nothing like a soprano coloratura announcing your headshots with every high note.