Favourite Video Game Cutscene

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
...I swear I started this same thread three weeks ago...anyway, here's my favorite cutscene ever!

I fucking loved this game and this was my favorite cut-scene from it. Yes, more than Loki's Wrath or, Galactus destroying the Skrull Homeworld.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
The one in Final Fantasy VIII, the one where Seifer and Galbadia Garden attacking with assault bikes and jetpacks... friggin' assault bikes and friggin' jetpacks.

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
Well, this deserves a mention.

And for all it's faults, Crysis 2 certainly had a few nice chilling ones. Though you really need to play the game to get what makes em cool.

Plus, after defeating all the heroes in Overlord including the tough-as-nails warrior and feeling like a badass, this cutscene made me go "Oh crap." (First 3 minutes or so)

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
The epic begins at 4:27.

<youtube=P4V5pKF7gyM>

THAT, my friends, is Doctor Eggman. He's not silly. He's not "hillarious". He's not screwing around. He goes out, holds a gun to Amy's head, then nearly KILLS SONIC! Why can't anyone else be that awesome?

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Took me a while to think but this one's suprisingly emotional.
And to think of how much I spent on that bikini!
I love that music that plays in these cutscenes. My favourite of the soundtrack.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Both of these are awesome

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Shocking.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
I really like the evil ending to Demon's Souls. Just for the one part where you step over MIB.
<youtube=kBlQgHXTFOg>
Skip to about 5 minutes [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBlQgHXTFOg&t=5m]

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Fluoxetine said:
At the time that was more finesse than anything on the market. Probably the best cut scene ever.

Not too strong on the action content. But what EPIC dialogue.
Great cut scene, here a couple more good ones as well.....

<---Great dialouge, poor graphics.

My personal favorite vid of that series has to be this one...

"hate me, but do it honestly!"

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
I'm gonna go with the scene of Arkham's visit to Dante just before the first mission in DMC3. Internet's really, really, really, really, really, really slow tonight. Almost depressively so. So I've got no embed, sorry.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Arkvoodle said:
This might be a spoiler to some gamers but

This wasn't that emotional first time I saw it. I was just glad that Dom went from "WHERES MAH WIFE!?" Mode to bloody vengance mode afterwards.

Then I played through it with a friend. I had music on on my xbox, pretty much everything I had on there shuffled. Then at the exact right moment, "my immortal" by evenescence came on.

That did it. Like a lame AMV made by a fourteen year old that somehow worked, it multiplied the impact of the scene tenfold.

dimensional said:
That reminds me of when I used to go to an arcade a lot. The words "SOOOOOOOOOUL EEEDGE!" were a big part of my childhood.

"A tale of swords and souls, eternally retold"

It was just perfect for getting you hyped to bring havoc to the helpless mortals.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Well let's see...

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- The history of Hyrule, which is possible the most 'effed up thing in the game's history...

Mass Effect 2- The End Run, preferably if everybody lives.

Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword- The legendary sword Durendal is utilized for the first time in a long time... but the reselt is heartbreaking...

Tales of Symphonia- Not only do we find out who Lloyd's real father is... but a certain character turns out to have a secret of their own...

Brutal Legend- One word: DECAPTATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!