Feast Your Eyes on the World's Most Exclusive Arcade Cabinet

Zerbye

Aug 1, 2008
I'd rather spend a fraction of the price to buy the Afterburner arcade game with the roll-cage cockpit. The enclosed Spyhunter cabinet with the gear shift and gas would be a close second. Hell, why not both? It'd still be saving money relative to this thing.

Sour grapes? I don't think so. If I had the money for that thing, I'd want the original cabinets for the games.

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
Sougo said:
As far as arcade machines go, this ones kinda ugly.

Um ... does it come in black?
This, though if I'm gonna have an arcade cab, it's gonna look exactly like the The Last Starfighter cab. It also won't have such limited functionality. That thing costs way too much considering how little it does. And ffs, if you're gonna build an 80s cab, at least make it look appropriate to the times.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
I rather a 90's arcade cabinet where I can play my 2D fighthing games. Maybe one for each game.

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
64.000$ for a machine with games I could download for free online?
(not the same as pirating, most of those games you CAN download or just play them online)

No thanks.

If it had Snes games, Gnes and Nes on the other hand....

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Awesome...but wow! Thats...alot of cash for something thats just for looks...

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
original machines >>>>>>>>>> some trendy new-age modern piece of technology trying to cash in on the gaming craze.

something about that thing just feels off.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
if it doesnt have jarrasic park the lost world rail shooter then it sucks, as an arcade collection.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Being someone who actually owns a few upright arcade games, I think this is kinda crap for the money. People who are actually interested in actual arcade collecting want the original cabinets. Granted there are folks out there who just build huge MAME-type cabinets, I don't see anyone who would want one shelling out that much for one.

I am sure there is some idiot out there with too much money who is going to buy one though.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
You guys are such heathens, I swear. :p

The point of the thing isn't the functionality, it's the Pinel & Pinel brand name. This is the guy who, among other celebrity projects, designed a custom cabinet for Michael Jordan to store the "1st pair made" of each of his Air Jordan sneakers that Nike gave him. There probably will be less than a dozen of these arcade cabinets made.

You buy this if your some rich dick who wants to put it in his 'game room' along with his $50,000 leather couches, real bearskin rugs, pool table, and full bar. We're talking about a guy who would probably get pissed off if you actually PLAYED the thing.

Let's put it this way:
The Nissan GTR is very fast (0-60 in 3.2 seconds; 193mph top speed). It handles exceptionally well. It's very cool. Truth is: it is more car than anyone outside of a trained race car driver will ever need. And it costs, fully kitted out, $80,000 US.

The Ferrari 599GTO is very fast (0-60 in 3.35 seconds; 208mph top speed). It handles exceptionally well. It's very cool. Truth is: it is more car than anyone outside of a trained race car driver will ever need. And it's going to cost a HALF A MILLION DOLLARS.

So why would anyone ever buy the Ferrari over the Nissan?

BECAUSE IT'S A FERRARI!

EDIT: Not that I'd buy one of 'em either, really. I'd probably put the money towards a Ferrari instead... ;)

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
No gamer will be able to afford $64,500...Okay maybe not all but definitely most. They won't be selling many I'm sure with that price tag. Do even the older arcade systems cost that much? Highly unlikely.

BrokenIcon

Oh look, it's me again.
Sep 11, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
You guys have zero class.
Oh yeah? I don't see you whipping out YOUR checkbook. Haha!
Seriously though, you goota have a lot of cash and absolutely no idea of what to do with it to buy this.

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
as someone who got the Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Arcade Cabinet
Andy Chalk said:
Among gamers, owning an arcade stand-up is a real status symbol.
All i can say is yes sir e especially when i got it from a failing arcade in my area years ago for only $2500 It was Well Worth the money for my favorite game in fighting.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
For $64,000 I rather have the sports car they advertise next to it. I may be a hardcore gamer, by the car will at least get me chicks.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Sougo said:
As far as arcade machines go, this ones kinda ugly.

Um ... does it come in black?
Yeah I have to admit, this machine looks rather ugly. It looks like a bad prop from a crappy sci-fi movie from the 60's.

goldenheart323

Oct 9, 2009
For an 80's arcade cabinet, that thing's pretty ugly. As a piece of furniture, it's not too bad. I'm sure it looks nicer in person. However, I bet 10 out of 10 guests who say "That looks pretty sweet. What is it?" are very shocked & disappointed when they hear the answer.

"What? You mean you have this fancy piece of hardware, and ALL it can do is play 80's video games & music???!!! No, seriously. What's it do?"

Cynical skeptic

Apr 19, 2010
Looking at that thing just makes me miss the arcades of my youth more.

Cramped, dimly lit closets composed entirely of black cabinets arranged in 2/4/8 rows, with just enough space for standing and walking. All the machines set to full blast and running hot, producing a smell that simply can't be duplicated.

Fuck all that chrome and white bright bullshit, fuck that ipod down where the coin slot should be.

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
Great,let me just fire up my Knight XV and I'll pop right over to Pinel & Pinel and buy 2..one for the Knight XV and one for home.

However I'd ask them to replace the LCD with a Vizio LED setup instead,you know...'cause I'm into saving the environment..I mean look at my $295,000 SUV,it runs on Bio-Fuel.