Featured User Group: The Escapist Gay-mers

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
I'm a huge proponent of gay rights and I am bisexual myself. I'm glad the Escapists staff decided to interview this group.

(Before anybody asks. Yes, I have been attracted to males in the past both sexually and emotionally and I still am to one.
I really don't think anyone was going to ask, it's no big deal :/

OT, I didn't know about this group until now. I joined but i still have no idea what the whole group thing is.

It never seemed worth making a fuss over to me but i suppose it'd be nice for those living in less tolerant areas ^_^

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Dexiro said:
AndyFromMonday said:
I'm a huge proponent of gay rights and I am bisexual myself. I'm glad the Escapists staff decided to interview this group.

(Before anybody asks. Yes, I have been attracted to males in the past both sexually and emotionally and I still am to one.
Bisexuality seems to be the new "hip trend for hipsters" nowadays. Everyone's a "bisexual" nowadays which is why I said that, to sort of "assure" people I'm not bullshitting.

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
Gay-mers was the first group I joined on this site. I was glad I did the first minute I joined the chat. Hopefully this will revive it since it has been very slow lately.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Great to see a group promoting a variety of what should really come naturally; complete and utter acceptance of any and all life-styles that doesn't include harming others.

Congratulations on being featured, You've got my support.

Jark212 said:
I hope those folks in Politics & Religion don't find their way over here...

Anyways I'm glad to see this kind of diversity in my beloved Escapist...
Oh, the relentless stereotyping of us R&P folks, it hurts so very much...

[small]Actually not really, but seriously, most members of the R&P forum are reasoned and decent enough to not hold anything against being gay, and that doesn't just go for the Agnostics/Atheists such as myself[/small]

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
This is quite a bit more support than I had originally banked on, really. Y'know, sometimes I love being wrong.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
comadorcrack said:
That's great really is.
I may not be gay, but I'm a huge gay supporter so I'm really glad to see this being so celebrated =)
You're a supporter of huge gays? What about small and regular sized gays? Dont they deserve your acceptence also? :)

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Darkspectar said:
All Hail the Letter "B"!!!
Actually, you'd be surprised just how often someone asks what the letters stand for, especially the "T".

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
I'm in :D I had no idea it existed until now. I'd like to express my thanks to Kuliani for being such a supportive Site Admin as well, just the fact that he features great groups like this on the front page is over 9000 kinds of awesome.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
zp=funiestthingever said:
interesting play on words
And yet, I didn't think of it first. Apparently, there's a booze out there called Gaymers, if I recall.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Went to the Brighton Gay Pride event yesterday. Twas interesting. My favourite bit was this sign I saw advertising Lesbian Mud Wrestling. It really brought out the sexiness of being unclean for me.

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
Oh no... You've been noticed now...

Next up on Fox and Friends, how the gays are taking over the Internet! Is your child being exposed to radical sexual extremism on the web?!?

Actually, I wish Fox would do something on that; just so I could watch Jon Stewart tear 'em apart (again). Anyways, good luck with your group.

Enemy Of The State

May 31, 2010
AndyFromMonday said:
Dexiro said:
AndyFromMonday said:

Bisexuality seems to be the new "hip trend for hipsters" nowadays. Everyone's a "bisexual" nowadays which is why I said that, to sort of "assure" people I'm not bullshitting.
Yeah, a lot of people claim to be bisexual, attention seeking or whatever. It can be annoying if you are bi and people assume you're just joining a trend...

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Enemy Of The State said:
Yeah, a lot of people claim to be bisexual, attention seeking or whatever. It can be annoying if you are bi and people assume you're just joining a trend...
One of my best friends had an ex-girlfriend with a friend who claimed to be bisexual. No one believed her because she never once showed that it was true, plus she was known to lie to get guys' attention.

Enemy Of The State

May 31, 2010
SharPhoe said:
Enemy Of The State said:
One of my best friends had an ex-girlfriend with a friend who claimed to be bisexual. No one believed her because she never once showed that it was true, plus she was known to lie to get guys' attention.
I see... now a lot of bisexuals aren't taken seriously because at first people assume we're attention seeking. It's almost like we have something to prove, which is unfair.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Enemy Of The State said:
I see... now a lot of bisexuals aren't taken seriously because at first people assume we're attention seeking. It's almost like we have something to prove, which is unfair.
Indeed it isn't fair. Especially since people are more inclined to believe that a woman is bi than a man, just because some guys find it "hot".

Shame.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Jark212 said:
I hope those folks in Politics & Religion don't find their way over here...

Anyways I'm glad to see this kind of diversity in my beloved Escapist...
I'm more worried about the WBC finding them.

I may be Catholic, but I find the gay bashing they (the WBC) do to be distasteful, disgusting, and highly unbecoming of an organization that claims to be Christian.

But, yes. I'm glad about the diversity here.