Feds are reportedly abducting people in portland

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Hey, dont know whether this should be here but anyway...

Looks at the body cam footage before Floyd's death. Vaush quickly goes over it. I dont know what specifically deserved a knee but anyway...

He also shows some conservative responses. Shapiro's is a classic. I hope it clears up why I've pretty much dont want to talk to conservatives right now. I try to be understanding but this is just not understandable
Uh, the other footage from the days just after already showed this, multiple testimonies that he seemed drunk or high, nothing from this video is actually new? There was video showing him doing the most minimal kind of resisting already out there. The whole point was that he was never a threat. Vausch is kinda right in that the only actually new information is that the cop pulled a gun immediately and threw him into a panic attack.

Edit: honestly, this is just the mirror to the rant I made earlier. The material substance has not changed, but it’s been metaphorically reframed enough that the “moral” can be learned. Listen to the Police, of course, if he’d just done that he’d be alive, of course, all these violent kids should learn the same, of course. Now they don’t have to care. They waited for their message to be delivered to them, as it was in Ferguson before, and now their souls are cleansed. So long as something is learned from this tragic death we’re all fine. The lost life is meaningless before the fable to be learned by myself. Another side to this empty dichotomy of ritual cleansing. It’s disgusting.

Last edited:

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Looks at the body cam footage before Floyd's death. Vaush quickly goes over it. I dont know what specifically deserved a knee but anyway...

He also shows some conservative responses. Shapiro's is a classic. I hope it clears up why I've pretty much dont want to talk to conservatives right now. I try to be understanding but this is just not understandable
Why is that not understandable? None of them are going "oops, he deserved to die!" It looks like Tim Pool and Ben Shapiro are basically saying "they're trying to charge this as murder, but murder has to be deliberate and premeditated, and a jury with the full video might not agree to that."

And they're saying that as a bad thing. If getting acquitted because they charged him with the wrong thing is bad, that means that these conservatives agree he should be convicted and in jail. Is that not what you want?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Why is that not understandable? None of them are going "oops, he deserved to die!" It looks like Tim Pool and Ben Shapiro are basically saying "they're trying to charge this as murder, but murder has to be deliberate and premeditated, and a jury with the full video might not agree to that.
From Minnesota statute:

2nd degree murder does not require pre-meditation.
3rd degree murder does not require pre-meditation nor intent to kill.

Aegix Drakan

♪ Megalovania is a genre ♪
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
It's seriously infuriating that they're still escalating this, even after the feds are apparently gone. -_-

From Minnesota statute:

Yeah, either of those is reasonably possible to prove, then.

3rd degree is easy because George Floyd clearly died, so that's about wrapped up.

And 2nd is totally provable, because kneeling on a man's neck for 9 minutes is obviously dangerous and very probably lethal (especially if the person you're doing it to has any serious health condition or intoxication), and a law enforcement officer should know that, which makes a compelling case for "He didn't care if he actually killed this person and was totally fine with that hapenning" Which, if I'm on that jury, is "close enough". Cops should be held to a higher standard than civilians.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
@Revnak Gonna echo what @Neuromancer said with a thankd for the updates, hope you stay safe. If it makes you feel any better (doubt it, but whatever), I live in the Phoenix-Metro area, and our protests (on this forum at least) amounted to a single post in the now closed protest mega thread about that mall getting looted by those shithead Paul brothers and ended there.
But that same night, Phoenix PD cracked down hard on our rather peaceful BLM protest, and then our douchebag governor used that single mall getting trashed to declare a statewide state of emergency, order a 8pm curfew (and keep in mind, this was about a week or two after our states morons were out protesting the Covid lockdown), and deploy our national guard. There's pictures online of the military style checkpoint they set up at that mall. Now granted, the SOE and curfew only lasted a week, but again, this was pretty much entirely over a mall getting mildly looted.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
From Minnesota statute:

Fair enough. Personally, I don't think it would matter if it did, since there was certainly way more than enough time for Chauvin to deliberate on his actions. It's not like it was 8 minutes of heat of the moment kneeling.

But my point wasn't that it isn't murder. My point was that if someone is concerned the jury won't convict because of the specific charges, the necessary implication is that the person should be convicted. They aren't going "yay, he might get acquitted!", they're going "crap, what if he gets acquitted."

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
@Revnak Gonna echo what @Neuromancer said with a thankd for the updates, hope you stay safe. If it makes you feel any better (doubt it, but whatever), I live in the Phoenix-Metro area, and our protests (on this forum at least) amounted to a single post in the now closed protest mega thread about that mall getting looted by those shithead Paul brothers and ended there.
But that same night, Phoenix PD cracked down hard on our rather peaceful BLM protest, and then our douchebag governor used that single mall getting trashed to declare a statewide state of emergency, order a 8pm curfew (and keep in mind, this was about a week or two after our states morons were out protesting the Covid lockdown), and deploy our national guard. There's pictures online of the military style checkpoint they set up at that mall. Now granted, the SOE and curfew only lasted a week, but again, this was pretty much entirely over a mall getting mildly looted.
Man, I have a close friend who lives in Phoenix, haven't heard from him since the whole corona mess started. I was already worried about him, but I had no idea shit went down like so.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Man, I have a close friend who lives in Phoenix, haven't heard from him since the whole corona mess started. I was already worried about him, but I had no idea shit went down like so.
Honestly, I think a large part of why our protests flew under the radar outside of those dipshit Paul brothers is that we were pretty much model behavior for these protests in general, both for the protests themselves and, unfortunately, the police response to them. After that first Saturday with the mall looting and the Phoenix PD cracking heads downtown, we had a solid week of sustained protests in and around Phoenix, and the people organizing the protests made sure to have everyone leave by the time the curfew hit, so there was very little violence and (I believe) no arrests made. On the other side of the coin, I'm rather convinced that Trump is trying to take a page from our governor with the deployment of DHS to cities (iirc, Trump held a rally here in Phoenix and met with our governor days before the deployment), and then because our state had opened up early the Covid situation around here took a turn for the worse.

The funny thing is, while I wholeheartedly support the BLM movement and it's goals, I wasn't actually interested in taking part in the protests until the SOE was enacted(though, tbh a small part of that was just a general curiosity about what was going on there that justified the SOE; surise surprise, SOE was pretty much just an unjustified way for PPD to arrest anyone they didn't like after 8pm), and I rather glad I did, because while I wouldn't have called it 'fun' (for some reason I just can't picture something this important as being fun, but whatever), but the hardest part was where the whole march stopped and lay face down in the street/where they were standing (in my case, some lovely Arizona landscaping, IE rocks) for 9 whole minutes, both because, you know, AZ in summer is an oven, and mostly because 9 minutes is actually a rather long fucking time actually.

EDIT:Words and such

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeke davis

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Tonight is the same place as last night but likely with a larger crowd. This thread’s my favorite local journalist’s coverage. Shouldn’t be much new but who knows!
Edit1: Cops punch detained medic in the head.

Edit2: So one fairly interesting thing did happen but I didn’t wanna share since I hadn’t seen much corroboration, but I feel with that bit of a disclaimer I’ll go ahead and do so. It seems a couple of dudes lobbed pipe bombs into the crowd.

Last edited:

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Tonight’s protests were at the Police Union I believe, which usually leads to exceptionally harsh violence by the cops. Today was no exception, lots of slashed tires, beatings, gas, and arrests. Riot declared I believe, which is noteworthy as that’s basically just done to make gas ok and isn’t done every night (it is done basically every night there’s protests at the Police Union). As for new terrible acts by the police, here’s a few.

Reactions: Zeke davis

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
Tonight’s protests were at the Police Union I believe, which usually leads to exceptionally harsh violence by the cops. Today was no exception, lots of slashed tires, beatings, gas, and arrests. Riot declared I believe, which is noteworthy as that’s basically just done to make gas ok and isn’t done every night (it is done basically every night there’s protests at the Police Union). As for new terrible acts by the police, here’s a few.
How strong are the protests still going? I've been hearing mixed reports about them dying down.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
How strong are the protests still going? I've been hearing mixed reports about them dying down.
Yes and no. It depends. There hadn’t been protests in East Portland until this last few nights, there aren’t anymore at the Justice Center, and the crowds are still in the hundreds nightly. That’s on par with, say, late June. It’s dramatically lower than the Federal Building Protests or the first week of protests, about a tenth the size, but it’s hard to maintain that kind of a crowd every night when the media has said the problem is over.

In other news, riot declared at the Police Union for the second night in a row. Not sure the reasoning, normally they wait for some damaged to the building, typically a small fire or a broken window (once it was them who broke the window by throwing someone’s phone at it). They might actually require an attempt at such a major crime to be committed to declare a riot, so this might be technically illegal.

Edit1: Yeah they took eight minutes to go from unlawful assembly to riot. That’s weird as they haven’t posted why they escalated so quickly, which is atypical (they might be legally required to). Now, they do declare a riot over basically every protest at the Police Union (tbh, if they hadn’t continued to do so I imagine the building would be stormed or gone by now), but they usually do the whole song and associated dance first. Probably gonna face a few lawsuits over tonight.

Also, this is just pointlessly rude.

Edit2: So this is uncool. They also arrested one of the women attacked during the MAX stabbing, during which multiple men died for defending her and another woman from a white nationalist. It’s particularly notable because the dude was a Joey Gibson fan and Joey kept doing events in Portland on the anniversary of the stabbing.

On another tangent, Joey Gibson and his organization Patriot Prayer committed a planned attack a little over a year ago on a bar popular with leftists. He and his boys came equipped with nightsticks and other weapons and paralyzed a woman seated facing away from them by hitting her in the spine. Joey Gibson maintained a regular text correspondence with the police, who even warned him that his friend Tiny (leader of the PNW branch of the proud boys) would have to tone down his violence (which consisted of ambushing people from a pickup, beating them, then driving off) or they might have to arrest him. The text messages between Joey and the police are a matter of public record. Another matter of public record, though against his own will, Portland’s worst son Andy Ngo’s recording Patriot Prayer’s planning of their assault while he laughs, video he refused to release until legal authorities demanded it because it made it clear he was a fascist stooge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seanchaidh

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
On another tangent, Joey Gibson and his organization Patriot Prayer committed a planned attack a little over a year ago on a bar popular with leftists. He and his boys came equipped with nightsticks and other weapons and paralyzed a woman seated facing away from them by hitting her in the spine. Joey Gibson maintained a regular text correspondence with the police, who even warned him that his friend Tiny (leader of the PNW branch of the proud boys) would have to tone down his violence (which consisted of ambushing people from a pickup, beating them, then driving off) or they might have to arrest him. The text messages between Joey and the police are a matter of public record. Another matter of public record, though against his own will, Portland’s worst son Andy Ngo’s recording Patriot Prayer’s planning of their assault while he laughs, video he refused to release until legal authorities demanded it because it made it clear he was a fascist stooge.
I thought that the woman had a broken arm or is this a seperate incident. I had heard that bar was particularly targeted.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I thought that the woman had a broken arm or is this a seperate incident. I had heard that bar was particularly targeted.
From what I’ve read it was an attack to the back of the head that broke vertebrae and at the very least knocked her out, paralysis being something I’ve typically seen reported as well. Most reputable news just sticks to her having been hit though, as that’s all that matters for an assault charge.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Meanwhile in New York:

Cops lay siege to an activist's apartment for five hours with dogs outside his door and helicopters circling the building, threaten to batter down the door, lie about having a warrant, then admit there isn't a warrant when he asks them to slide it under the door. Eventually they fuck off and the bogus charges are dropped.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Meanwhile in New York:

Cops lay siege to an activist's apartment for five hours with dogs outside his door and helicopters circling the building, threaten to batter down the door, lie about having a warrant, then admit there isn't a warrant when he asks them to slide it under the door. Eventually they fuck off and the bogus charges are dropped.
The NYPD refuse to be outdone

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
From what I’ve read it was an attack to the back of the head that broke vertebrae and at the very least knocked her out, paralysis being something I’ve typically seen reported as well. Most reputable news just sticks to her having been hit though, as that’s all that matters for an assault charge.
Because the paralysis thing isn’t important,

So Andy Ngo was Milkshaked over this. He was going to press charges last year but I think he dropped them. Where’s that at?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Because the paralysis thing isn’t important,

So Andy Ngo was Milkshaked over this. He was going to press charges last year but I think he dropped them. Where’s that at?
No clue I don’t follow grifters

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Tonight is at the North Precinct after two declared riots in a row and some veeeery brutal nights in East Portland. From what I can tell it’s been a pretty lazy night all around, though of course an unlawful assembly was declared and the police have continued to have zero clue what the laws they are operating under are. This of course includes more harassment of Portland press, including a dude just doing his job from a sidewalk (threatened to arrest him). I’ll add edits if anything particularly noteworthy occurs.

However, there is something I learned about the riot declaration from last night. It was justified based on protesters throwing eggs and fireworks. Given that those are kinda just nightly shit, I don’t know if that’s sufficient? I don’t think the police are allowed to escalate to that point because they came under threat, because otherwise by their own insane standards any resisting arrest charge could lead to a riot declaration. Now, obviously the whole thing is bullshit, they declare a riot whenever they feel threatened, thus why protests at the Police Union always get declared riots despite involving waaaay less people. But this could be something the city gets sued over, and I do feel it should be a bigger story because the escalation in this case is thoroughly unwarranted.

Edit1: Entirely possible he did something other than drum before getting arrested but the idea is very funny to me.

Last edited:

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
No clue I don’t follow grifters
Says the person regularly posting advertisements for groups that are happy to take people's money to continue fighting the police to make more videos of them fighting police so that people like you can spread them around so that they can get more donations.

How about that?