Feds are reportedly abducting people in portland

Ghostrick Dorklord

Ordinary High School Girl
Legacy
Oct 2, 2009
Through the Looking Glass
Country
Wonderland
I've heard of this going on. One of my friends has been terrified on this because kidnappings have been going on all over the place. I'm concerned that these aren't real cops/military and they're kidnapping people for some human trafficking ring.

Man this stuff keeps escalating every single day.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I've heard of this going on. One of my friends has been terrified on this because kidnappings have been going on all over the place. I'm concerned that these aren't real cops/military and they're kidnapping people for some human trafficking ring.

Man this stuff keeps escalating every single day.
It sounds like at least mostly it is feds pulling this shit. All part of the joy of having an unstable stupid egomaniac as president.

Reactions: Ghostrick Dorklord

Ghostrick Dorklord

Ordinary High School Girl
Legacy
Oct 2, 2009
Through the Looking Glass
Country
Wonderland
It sounds like at least mostly it is feds pulling this shit. All part of the joy of having an unstable stupid egomaniac as president.
Seems like it considering what's been happening in the past couple of weeks. Its shady as hell but I do wondering what's happening to these people. Maybe its best left unsaid because its a terrifying thing as is. I hope those people are doing alright.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Time to delete anything bad you said to Trump online

Also, move to China. They seem to understand Human Rights better than the US. I... dont know whether I'm joking

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
It sounds like the feds are driving around in unmarked vans grabbing random protesters. So this is something going on in a country where it really shouldn't be happening.

So that's fun.
Waiitng patiently for the "Don't Tread on me" and "BuT MuH FrEeDoOm!" folks to call out the feds on this.

Or was all those those principles of "liberty" reserved for being mad over haircuts and face masks?

I miss having an adult in charge. The Screaming toddler with the twitter account thing got old.....well, pretty much immediately. Hopefully in 6 months he'll be sent to time out until the inevitable heart attack shuts him up.

Last edited:

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I mean, this has got to be what the "protesters" want right? Being detained by the Feds is such an authentic touch on their revolutionary dissident roleplaying.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Waiitng patiently for the "Don't Tread on me" and "BuT MuH FrEeDoOm!" folks to call out the feds on this.

Or was all those those principles of "liberty" reserved for being mad over haircuts and face masks?
Don't hold your breath for that one. It was never about a consistent message of integrity, but instead misappropriating liberal language whenever it's a convenient massage for the mental gymnastics deployed to justify shitty selfish beliefs...which are noticeably, regularly ignored most other times. Handy for short attention spans, but little else.

Aegix Drakan

♪ Megalovania is a genre ♪
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
Yup, SURELY the "Free speech is under attack! The Government is bad and will lock us all up in FEMA camps! Muh liberty! States rights!" people will have at least harsh words for this insane federal overreach by going into states and cities that loudly say "We don't want the feds here!", Feds who grab people without even identifying themselves as law enforcement, thus having zero accountability.

...I'll be over here waiting for that. Probably forever.

I mean, this has got to be what the "protesters" want right? Being detained by the Feds is such an authentic touch on their revolutionary dissident roleplaying.
I sincerely (probably naively) hope this is just a really lame and tasteless joke.

Because otherwise...Man you are WAAAAY out of touch.

The protests started because there's far too little (if any) accountability in Law Enforcement whenever they do something horrible. So, CLEARLY, they do not want unidentified federal goons grabbing people off the street.

The only "good" thing to come out of this is the authoritarian, totalitarian BS of this administration and their allies on the right is going to be very VERY difficult to just brush away. Federal goons in unmarked vans! If this happened under Obama, Congress would be screaming for his head and filing impeachment charges!

Finally, if we wanna talk "revolutionary dissident roleplaying", that's more the wheelhouse of the guys who stormed state capitol buildings with guns to loudly claim they're being oppressed for...Business being temporarily shut down because of a lethal pandemic and for having to wear masks and stay 2 meters apart.

Last edited:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

I think the important take away from this is that much of the violence and rioting was meant to entice Trump into over reacting and then call him a dictator.
Instead, he noted, correctly, that it was up to the states to do something about all the murder and looting, etc. So rather than do something, they asked him for money and he said no.

But then allegedly attacks were made against FEDERAL property. So now the Fed is involved. And you still get this, "Trump is a dictator!!" stuff.

Last edited:

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I think the important take away from this is that much of the violence and rioting was meant to entice Trump into over reacting and then call him a dictator.
Instead, he noted, correctly, that it was up to the states to do something about all the murder and looting, etc. So rather than do something, they asked him for money and he said no.

But then allegedly attacks were made against FEDERAL property. So now the Fed is involved. And you still get this, "Trump is a dictator!!" stuff.
I really do not understand how your mind works.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I do wonder if these are real federal agents, or maybe Blackwater mercenaries the Trump administration has hired to 'Fix the problem'

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States

Counterpoint, notice this only seems to be happening in states with restrictive carry laws and weak stand-your-ground/castle doctrine provisions, and against groups hostile to policing but simultaneously generally anti-gun. I strongly doubt feds would be as willing to cruise around in unmarked non-standard vehicles, looking for people to pluck off the streets without proper identification, probable cause, or due process, in states where people can (and probably would) legally open fire in self defense. Note when CBP/ICE pulls this shit in "if somebody attacks you feel free to blow their ass away" states, they roll in clearly identified and licensed agency vehicles, wear uniforms that clearly signify both agency and law enforcement status, and have their badges/identification on outermost layer.

As far as I can tell this series of decisions has been made with one distinct purpose: to make it impossible for people to tell the difference between law enforcement and violent right-wing extremists.

Last edited:

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Counterpoint, notice this only seems to be happening in states with restrictive carry laws and weak stand-your-ground/castle doctrine provisions, and against groups hostile to policing but simultaneously generally anti-gun. I strongly doubt feds would be as willing to cruise around in unmarked non-standard vehicles, looking for people to pluck off the streets without proper identification, probable cause, or due process, in states where people can (and probably would) legally open fire in self defense.

As far as I can tell this series of decisions has been made with one distinct purpose: to make it impossible for people to tell the difference between law enforcement and violent right-wing extremists.
Isn't that generally how things go? Right wing protests get the kids gloves from the cops, left wing ones are much more likely to get the boot.

Reactions: Aegix Drakan

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Isn't that generally how things go? Right wing protests get the kids gloves from the cops, left wing ones are much more likely to get the boot.
More to the point, is that because those people are right-wing authoritarian bootlickers protesting for the right to kill themselves for the sake of major corporations' profits among other asinine reasons, or because the chance of turning a protest into the OK Corral with flashbangs and tear gas is irrationally high? Or, more likely, both?

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
More to the point, is that because those people are right-wing authoritarian bootlickers protesting for the right to kill themselves for the sake of major corporations' profits among other asinine reasons, or because the chance of turning a protest into the OK Corral with flashbangs and tear gas is irrationally high? Or, more likely, both?
I really do feel like you and Gorfias should get an apartment together.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
I really do feel like you and Gorfias should get an apartment together.
Your stance is people shouldn't defend themselves from individuals visually indistinct from armed white supremacists, who aren't identifying themselves and have no visual signifiers as to who they are except for a generic "police" patch literally anyone could purchase and wear, disappearing people into the back of unmarked civilian vehicles?

Just as with the use of chemical weapons against protesters, were this an armed conflict between nation-states it would be a violation of international law -- a notably vile one, as this voids rules of engagement and prisoner-of-war status for captured combatants.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Watching this video...

Eventually, someone is going to get killed over this. Anyone can buy that tactical looking gear (just pay attention to some of those "Open our state back up" Protests and I can guarantee there are a number of protesters who look EXACTLY like those two). Just grabbing citizens off the street and bringing them to a unmarked van, eventually they're going to try to grab the wrong citizen who is armed and opens fire.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix