Feds are reportedly abducting people in portland

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
A new flavor to Portland, far-right pro-cop Qanon rallies with counter-protesters. Cool.
Edit: In case you’re curious, after hours of both groups fighting including several injuries, an unlawful assembly is declared once the fascists leave.
Edit2: Cops were sad they’ve been beat up so they’ll only do their jobs when it’s against their bullies. So sorry for the sad sad cops.
6461662B-A3E7-41C8-BFD2-00E0D1554D64.jpeg
Edit3: It should be noted that the Qanon crowd was heavily armed and used those arms regularly. Counter protesters with bottles or rocks are considered dangerous but fascists open carrying AR’s, paintball guns, bats, and mace (and using the latter three regularly) are viewed as peaceful. They in fact did do ample amounts of property damage to passing vehicles and bikes, did assault pedestrians and press, did block traffic, all the shit that regularly causes PPB or the Feds to gas a few city blocks. But because it was done for them, in their name, they were fine with it. Realize, please, that the cops do not fucking care about the people. They care about their own power and their own well-being. They are not here to protect or serve you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seanchaidh

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
That's just sad.

The inherently problem with protesting the group that can unilaterally declare your protest unlawful I guess. We theoretically have protections against that sort of thing, but the group who should be offering that protection is also the group that has unilateral authority to declare protests unlawful and I think I see the flaw in that plan

Reactions: Kae and Revnak

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
A new flavor to Portland, far-right pro-cop Qanon rallies with counter-protesters. Cool.
Try as you may to suggest they got special treatment from the police, their protest lasted less than 2 hours before being ordered to disperse, and then they left. As it turns out, leaving when told to avoids fighting the police.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Try as you may to suggest they got special treatment from the police, their protest lasted less than 2 hours before being ordered to disperse, and then they left. As it turns out, leaving when told to avoids fighting the police.
But it is ours nonetheless. Ours to decipher as we please. Ours to do with as we can.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Oregon police have found new illegal ways to enforce the law.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
So they are going around the local authorities and instead deputizing the federal police anyhow? Oh wow.. This couldn't go wrong.. not at all...

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Even if the troopers are federally deputized, wouldn't anyone arrested still have to be prosecuted by the local state's attorney (Multnomah county, I presume)? Only federal crimes can be prosecuted by the federal courts, and federally deputizing an officer wouldn't mean they get to change the jurisdiction people are charged in to be different than where a potential crime might have been committed.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Even if the troopers are federally deputized, wouldn't anyone arrested still have to be prosecuted by the local state's attorney (Multnomah county, I presume)? Only federal crimes can be prosecuted by the federal courts, and federally deputizing an officer wouldn't mean they get to change the jurisdiction people are charged in to be different than where a potential crime might have been committed.
They’re gonna give em federal charges.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Because local officials decided not to enforce the law.

Guys, since everything is FAR-RIGHT, what is actually just RIGHT?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA

Because the arrests were on unverifiable or trivial charges.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Revnak, I found your perfect anime.

I’d like to imagine my critique is perceived as more sophisticated than what amounts to a John Oliver punchline but cuter. Please don’t make me sad like this.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Remember when over 100K mortgage were falsify, highly likely by both the people who applied for the loan and definitely by the banks who gave out the loan and quite a few intermediaries.... which lead to the GFC... and no one went to jail over it? Maybe a couple of hundred thousand people committed fraud which destroyed the economy and no one went to jail. Yes, I repeated it because its so stupendously stupid. Thanks Bush/Obama. Like the GFC, there is way too many people to arrest now

But, in actual fact, these governors/ PDs probably following the manual on protest developed by the US army a while ago. Cracking down on protest leads to more protest and possibly an overthrow of the government. It was developed because its been used MANY times as a way to overthrow other countries (the latest being Libya). If your objective is to overthrow a government, your objective is to make the government over react to protest. It calcifies the population against the government. A small example of this was the Oregon Mums reaction to federal police cracking down.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Someone such as Mittens Romney could probably be described as the closest the US has to a normal "right". Notice how he's regularly derided as a RINO and closet liberal by Republicans...

In other countries, parties such as the Christian Democratic Union (Germany), Conservative Party (Canada), Conservative Party (UK), and The Republicans (France) generally represent the normal "right".

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Someone such as Mittens Romney could probably be described as the closest the US has to a normal "right". Notice how he's regularly derided as a RINO and closet liberal by Republicans...

In other countries, parties such as the Christian Democratic Union (Germany), Conservative Party (Canada), Conservative Party (UK), and The Republicans (France) generally represent the normal "right".
I meant, that every time something that was in opposition with commies, it was always "FAR-RIGHT". Do you ever notice how everything now is "Far-Right"?