Feed Dump: Feed Dump UK Special: Booze, Cats and More Booze

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Feed Dump UK Special: Booze, Cats and More Booze

All UK based news, all questionable life choices.

Watch Video

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Really didn't like the eye make-up...
Also; woooow, ONE whole alcoholic drink? That's really... as useless as they made it out in the episode, as it clearly is meant to apply in extreme cases after LOADS of booze.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Ah, my Great-Great-Great Uncle was Ernest Shackleton. I didn't realise people had resurrected him.

Gallium

Cannon Fodder
May 3, 2011
Well... I live in St Andrews... A walk that can be measured in seconds from that statue... Hell I even feed Hamish and let him stay the night.

I need a pair of Bat Wings and a Manticore Tail.
This must be done.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Someone .gif that hat and jazzhands.
That's the most adorable Arstotzka has ever been.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
How exactly does PLACEBO work in this case? Did the placebo group consist of kinda stupid girls age 15-25 who were given juice and told it's cocktails? Like, they got orange juice and were tolid it's Tequila Sunrises? Maybe it was Cola and the reasearchers totally swore they spiked with some Jack Daniels and/or Captain Morgan? Seriously, how did this work?

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Kenjitsuka said:
Really didn't like the eye make-up...
It's the same make-up as every week. She just forgot her glasses at home because she wore her sunglasses into the office.

Illessa

Mar 1, 2010
Jandau said:
How exactly does PLACEBO work in this case? Did the placebo group consist of kinda stupid girls age 15-25 who were given juice and told it's cocktails? Like, they got orange juice and were tolid it's Tequila Sunrises? Maybe it was Cola and the reasearchers totally swore they spiked with some Jack Daniels and/or Captain Morgan? Seriously, how did this work?
The full paper isn't online that I could see (abstract is here [http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0376871612001032], interestingly they had real & placebo cigarettes which also appeared to contribute to the effect) so who knows. Alcohol free beer and wine do exist and some of them are actually relatively convincing taste-wise (I've been known to drink an Erdinger Alkoholfrei by choice from time to time, though I'd still rather have a nice strong stout). There's an outside chance it was cocktails of the type that are so overwhelmingly sweet the alcohol could be substituted with fruit syrups and people wouldn't notice without doing a taste test.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
I suppose if you're going to spend thousands of pounds on a statue, you may as well make it something everyone will like. Is a stray still a stray if everyone feed and houses him though?

"You get to steal from the rich! And then sell back to them." Given how happy Cam seemed when he said that, are we sure he's never kidnapped anybody?

Jazz hands are not allowed, you go to jail now. Glory to Arstotzka!

Jan 12, 2012
Gallium said:
Well... I live in St Andrews... A walk that can be measured in seconds from that statue... Hell I even feed Hamish and let him stay the night.

I need a pair of Bat Wings and a Manticore Tail.
This must be done.
I wonder if you could kickstart a vandalism project. I'd be willing to donate to you, but I imagine bronze is pretty expensive, let alone the sneaky welding tools required.

OT: "That butte" made me laugh out loud. Every time Cam is on the show, I get a new favourite phrase.

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
Jandau said:
No, but that sounds like you'd fit right in with the group you describe. Non-alcoholic drinks that taste like alcoholic drinks:

Non-alcoholic beer/wine

Quinine makes a reasonable substitute for vodka

Juniper syrup + quinine makes a reasonable substitute for gin

Over-steeped tea makes a reasonable substitute for alcohol in most fruity drinks

etc. etc. etc.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Azuaron said:
Jandau said:
No, but that sounds like you'd fit right in with the group you describe.
Because I lack your level of familiarity with fake alcohol? Alright then...

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Holy shit,
Covarr said:
Whoa, when did Cam go gray?

P.S. Thanks
Holy shit, you're right! It must be the light, no one just jumps to full on grey fox that quickly.