Feed Dump: Nightflight to Venus

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
redneck_ant said:
dude, I just checked Ebay and some people are asking 50 or more canadian dollars for each of those dino quarters o_0
Why go to Ebay, when Canadian Mint has such a nice site [http://www.mint.ca/store/coin/dinosaur-25cent-coloured-glowinthedark-coin-2012-prod1290004] of its own? There you can buy the quarter for the low low price of $29.95 CAD.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Don Reba said:
Definitely, one of my favourite episodes.
DuelLadyS said:
So, is this dino coin legal currency, or just a comemmorative? Becuase I'm greatly amused by the idea of people spending glow in the dark dinosaurs.

Also- time to start hoarding the Canadian pennies that turn up in my change!
It is legal currency, but it is larger than a normal quarter, so it won't work in a vending machine.
What? Why can't it be normal-size like all our other special coins?

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
217not237 said:
That's it, I'm moving to Canada.
When you get there would you mind sending back a couple of dinosaur coins? And don't use Air Canada when you travel.

'nods'

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
Don Reba said:
redneck_ant said:
dude, I just checked Ebay and some people are asking 50 or more canadian dollars for each of those dino quarters o_0
Why go to Ebay, when Canadian Mint has such a nice site [http://www.mint.ca/store/coin/dinosaur-25cent-coloured-glowinthedark-coin-2012-prod1290004] of its own? There you can buy the quarter for the low low price of $29.95 CAD.
Sweet- I was hoping for an offical link. Time to let my inner numismatist out! (Ok... not till payday...)

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Captain: Venus is only 38 million kilometers away, that was a close miss we had there. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!

search_rip

Jan 6, 2009
Don Reba said:
redneck_ant said:
lower price indeed :) *lol*

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
"You can't spell manslaughter without laughter."

Once I realized that was true, I couldn't stop laughing.

Honestly, Kathleen and Cam make a great trio with Graham. Graham's the announcer, as usual, but Kathleen's enthusiasm bordering on insanity is hilarious when placed against Cam's stoic... slightly demented style.

Also, I want that dinosaur quarter.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
One of your best dumps, Cam was brilliant and the news were particularly ridiculous! And, as all the others, I need that coin.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Draconalis said:
I heard about that, and to clarify:

It wasn't actually the pilot that dodged Venus, it was the Co-Pilot. The Pilot was asleep, (because they are allowed power naps due to how stressful their job is) and there was another plane coming at them... the other plane was just 800 feet below them. So the co-pilot was like "It's not 800 feet below us! It's coming right for us!" because he saw a very bright light ahead of him (see: Venus) and dove suddenly. The pilot woke up, and pulled the plane back up because his co-pilot is an idiot.

Incidentally, had the Pilot NOT pulled the plane up... they would have collided with the other plane.

I also heard about the murder free day as well :D
I had thought that the co-pilot was the one that was asleep. That he had been asleep for nearly twice as long as was generally allowed, and when he woke up he freaked out and made the plane dive to avoid what he had thought was the other plane. Though, you got everything else right. Unless, I am making this up or they updated the story since I read about it.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Saltyk said:
I had thought that the co-pilot was the one that was asleep. That he had been asleep for nearly twice as long as was generally allowed, and when he woke up he freaked out and made the plane dive to avoid what he had thought was the other plane. Though, you got everything else right. Unless, I am making this up or they updated the story since I read about it.
There's always the possability that they updated it since *I* heard about it. We'll never know...

"You could look it up..."

We'll never... ever... know...

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Draconalis said:
Saltyk said:
There's always the possability that they updated it since *I* heard about it. We'll never know...

"You could look it up..."

We'll never... ever... know...
Look up information? On the internet? Who would do such a thing? Not I.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009

Cain_Zeros said:
Don Reba said:
It is legal currency, but it is larger than a normal quarter, so it won't work in a vending machine.
What? Why can't it be normal-size like all our other special coins?
The other coloured coins there are also too large. Some coins are not even round, such as this $15 one:
[http://www.mint.ca/store/coin/15-fine-silver-lunar-lotus-coin-year-of-the-dragon-2012-prod1140001]

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
Don Reba said:
Definitely, one of my favourite episodes.
DuelLadyS said:
So, is this dino coin legal currency, or just a comemmorative? Becuase I'm greatly amused by the idea of people spending glow in the dark dinosaurs.

Also- time to start hoarding the Canadian pennies that turn up in my change!
Wait, so it isn't replacing the Canadian quarter entirely? I was so ready to move. Think of all the savings in lost quarters that would suddenly be found!

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Hungry Donner said:
I'm pretty opposed to posting in all caps, but I feel an exception is justified in this case.

CANADA, GIVE ME ALL OF YOUR DINO-QUARTERS!

US state quarters just seem so lame now.
ummm looking at Canadian money as a whole minus a dinosaur coin, Canadian money looks better than American money. and now that Canada is getting polymer monies, it will also last longer than American money.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
CleverCover said:
217not237 said:
That's it, I'm moving to Canada.
When you get there would you mind sending back a couple of dinosaur coins? And don't use Air Canada when you travel.

'nods'
you only use air Canada as a last resort!
go with WestJet!