Feeling sick after not eating for 14 days

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
MarshallNX said:
But I won't go to a doctor because they'll probably scold me and put all sort of needles in me.
...are you so insecure that you would rather risk your life than have a doctor say something to make you feel bad?

Go to a doctor, then once you're done doing everything that doctor tells you to do, go see a pyschiatrist. YOU NEED HELP.

Karathos

May 10, 2009
Blood Brain Barrier said:
Instead of quoting googled sources, try taking a biochemistry course or two. I have.
What an arrogant thing to say. Could you give me the names of your lecturers from those courses so I can google up their studies? Oh wait, that would make them google sources. How awkward!

Also just for a dose of irony: Instead of parroting what you heard in a lecture hall, try surviving a military SERE course or two. I have.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Lil devils x said:
That is not how this works.
Sorry, but it is. If it weren't, studies like this [http://pmj.bmj.com/content/postgradmedj/49/569/203.full.pdf] wouldn't be possible. Not to mention countless other examples of fasting for spiritual purposes or out of need.
Sorry but every source of actual medical knowledge (with actual degrees) has told me, and many people I know who've dieted, that starvation actually puts the body in a survival mode which stops fat burning at some point and starts burning muscle and lean tissue and also a general slowing of the metabolism. Sure there are people who fast for spiritual purposes, but they also have to prime their bodies specifically for that. You don't just stop eating one day and drink only water, but even then they still lose muscle mass... just less.
Point being though, while you can lose a bit of fat from starvation, in long term effects such as this person is/was doing, you're harming your body more than you're losing any sort of fat and losing muscle as well as not taking in essential nutrients/minerals/sugars/etc.
So no, it isn't how it works and its a terrible thing to do to yourself, and any weight loss beyond the first few days or so is minimal fat, and ends up being muscle mass, which is worse because you've just weakened yourself instead of getting healthy.
Yes there's safe fasting, but so far its never been proven to be a healthy or valid weight loss program.
Now I'll put it a different way. I tend to eat what may be considered unhealthy in terms of fat consumption, yet I haven't gained weight over my height/weight normal level. However if I try to eat less fat, I actually start to gain weight. I'm no doctor, but many of the things the person you've quoted has linked in their post actually make sense in terms of how I eat. I'm low consumption of junk food (though soda is a vice but its a low intake vice), and most of my meals are balanced even if some of it is high saturated fat content. Yet when I deviate from that diet, take in less saturated fats, I gain weight quickly.
Maybe I'm just one of those odd metabolic process folks, or maybe, just maybe those links might have some merit and weight to them?
And one other thing, having taken classes in biology does not an expert make, just as taking a few psych courses doesn't give you the ability to diagnose a person's mental state. So please, leave the condescension on your desk if you would.
I swear sometimes people who've gone to college get this idea that somehow a few classes make them experts on a subject or something...
Note that most of what I've posted has come from medically qualified folks, and filtered through my own knowledge of human physiology (which is incomplete), which means there might be some inaccuracies or bits I incorrectly recall. But the gist is there and it seems not to really support your book learning or understanding of material presented by your professor(s?).
I freely admit I've not perfect recall or knowledge of a field that seems to change its view on what is/is not good for the body in terms of nutritional intake, but it seems to be a wide consensus that starvation is fucking terrible, and not a valid diet.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Lil devils x said:
Karathos said:
Karathos said:
All you have to do to lose weight is burn more than you take in, this starving-yourself shit will kill you. You're supposed to burn away fat, not muscle tissue. When you starve, the body cannibalizes your muscles to survive. A lot of people in here are convinced this is a prank, but we're talking about a world where people kill themselves when taking a selfie with a gun to their head and forgetting to check if it's loaded.

Darwin is rolling over in his goddamn grave son. Stop it.
It's mostly fatty tissue that is metabolised during fasting. He will lose muscle, but mostly fat.
14 days isn't fasting, it's starving.
Not true, starving would be when he has no fatty tissue left to metabolise. At 150 kgs there is a lot of energy in the body to live on that he will be using for food.
Here this may help:

Your brain will start to break down your body's own protein, The proteins release amino acids, which can be converted into glucose, which is great news for your brain but bad news for your body. Basically, your body is cannabilizing itself by destroying your muscle mass.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/heres-what-happens-to-your-body-when-you-stop-eating_us_55c26205e4b0d9b28f0544f8

Your body is cannibalizing your muscle mass.
What's more, "old" fat stored in the body?s peripheral tissues?around the belly, thighs, or butt (also called subcutaneous fat)can't be burned efficiently without "new" fat to help the process, according to researchers at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. Dietary fat helps break down existing fat by activating PPAR-alpha and fat-burning pathways through the liver.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/557726-eat-fat-to-burn-fat/
Instead of quoting googled sources, try taking a biochemistry course or two. I have.
OH really? I only put myself into a lifetime of debt to earn my degrees in Pediatric Medicine and Immunology to come here on the internet and be told that some guy needs to starve himself to death because you know better. SO when this guy has health complications or even worse possibly dies, they can come hold you legally accountable for telling him to do this? There is a reason NO licensed practicing Physician in the US would tell someone to fast for 30 days without medical supervision. HE did not even receive an exam prior to doing this and has no idea if he has any underlying conditions. He is not being monitored and tested to ensure he is not seriously damaging his heart or other vital organs. Unless you have examined this individual, it is EXTREMELY reckless and unprofessional to even remotely suggest for them to do something this dangerous. Before you go online and tell random strangers to do something that could be life endangering and seriously harmful to their health, you need to fully comprehend the personal responsibility and legal accountability for the advice you are dispensing.

EDIT:
In addition, you do realize we go online and print out diets, recommendations and other advice sheets for our patients all the time, and we do in fact USE google to do exactly that. Luckily these things are readily available now to help us make things much easier for our patients so they do not have to go try to find this information themselves.

Jan 27, 2011
Three pages in and the guy is still intent on starving himself to lose weight?

That's not how it freakin' works. Fat only provides energy. It doesn't provide all the other important nutrients your body needs in order to work. By not eating the stuff you need, your body will cannibalize itself to get it. If you keep this up, you WILL die a horrible death as your body destroys itself to get the nutrients it needs.

You want to actually lose weight and keep it lost? Eat a well rounded diet so your body gets the proteins and calcium and nutrients and minerals that it needs, avoid junk food and sugar (these provide lots of fats with little nutrients), and hit the gym regularly. THAT will get you losing weight in a way that's safe, more long lasting, and will ultimately give you a more healthy and powerful body.

Oh, and considering it's been what 16 days with no food? SEE A DOCTOR. Right the hell now. You've probably seriously damaged some of your internal organs. That's going to hurt you a hell of a lot more than a few "What the hell were you thinking"s and needles.

Seriously, if I knew you in real life I'd call a goddamn ambulance to pick you up.

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
MarshallNX said:
I am feeling dizzy and I have blurry vision after not eating for 14 days. I want to lose weight so I decided to do a water fast for 30 days.
Can you recommend some pill to take to make me feel a little better? I d'ont want to eat until I reach my goal. I've seen people on youtube that did 30 days easily.

PS: I'm a male
I think this strategy will actually make you gain weight from what I've heard. I don't know of any pills that will curb your appetite though such a thing should theoretically exist since neurotransmitters in the nucleus accumbens portion of the brain control for eating patterns. As for the physiological symptoms of malnutrition, your guess is as good as mine. There are opiates which relieve pain, so again there should theoretically be ways of dampening or all out removing whatever pain you're feeling.

Actually I may circumstantially retract my first point. You can lose weight from starving yourself. You just have to do it long enough. Also I think you need to be drinking lots of water. So drink water - lots of it. Your body naturally contains an ecosystem of bacteria which can provide a meager source of protein in actuality; though from what I know the amount of beneficial gut flora varies across cultures.

Now I'll probably end up reiterating what others have been saying but:
1. Why starvation?
-The psychological chips are already stacked against you, cutting food entirely ultimately requiring more, pardon the pun, intestinal fortitude than eating healthy.
2. Have you actually not eaten in two weeks, or is this a play for sympathy?
-You'll get some but not as much as Tumblr. If that's your goal then I suggest you go there instead.
3. Watch the documentary, "Facing the Fat," (2010) in which an overweight man successfully eats nothing, drinking only water for 55 days.
-He succeeds, but it's not a holy grail of weight loss. He does lose weight, but he found the end result underwhelming from what he originally envisioned.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Asita said:
Lil devils x said:
Sorry, but it is. If it weren't, studies like this [http://pmj.bmj.com/content/postgradmedj/49/569/203.full.pdf] wouldn't be possible. Not to mention countless other examples of fasting for spiritual purposes or out of need.
Studies like that involve constant medical supervision and daily nutritional supplements - noted in the methods on the first page - specifically to avoid that problem.
Nutritional supplements don't create muscle tissue - you need protein intake for that as well. Simply put, if fasting metabolised muscle nearly as much as fat, there's no way you would be able to survive for a year.

Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Lil devils x said:
Sorry but every source of actual medical knowledge (with actual degrees) has told me, and many people I know who've dieted, that starvation actually puts the body in a survival mode which stops fat burning at some point and starts burning muscle and lean tissue and also a general slowing of the metabolism. Sure there are people who fast for spiritual purposes, but they also have to prime their bodies specifically for that. You don't just stop eating one day and drink only water, but even then they still lose muscle mass... just less.
Point being though, while you can lose a bit of fat from starvation, in long term effects such as this person is/was doing, you're harming your body more than you're losing any sort of fat and losing muscle as well as not taking in essential nutrients/minerals/sugars/etc.
So no, it isn't how it works and its a terrible thing to do to yourself, and any weight loss beyond the first few days or so is minimal fat, and ends up being muscle mass, which is worse because you've just weakened yourself instead of getting healthy.
Yes there's safe fasting, but so far its never been proven to be a healthy or valid weight loss program.
Now I'll put it a different way. I tend to eat what may be considered unhealthy in terms of fat consumption, yet I haven't gained weight over my height/weight normal level. However if I try to eat less fat, I actually start to gain weight. I'm no doctor, but many of the things the person you've quoted has linked in their post actually make sense in terms of how I eat. I'm low consumption of junk food (though soda is a vice but its a low intake vice), and most of my meals are balanced even if some of it is high saturated fat content. Yet when I deviate from that diet, take in less saturated fats, I gain weight quickly.
Maybe I'm just one of those odd metabolic process folks, or maybe, just maybe those links might have some merit and weight to them?
And one other thing, having taken classes in biology does not an expert make, just as taking a few psych courses doesn't give you the ability to diagnose a person's mental state. So please, leave the condescension on your desk if you would.
I swear sometimes people who've gone to college get this idea that somehow a few classes make them experts on a subject or something...
Note that most of what I've posted has come from medically qualified folks, and filtered through my own knowledge of human physiology (which is incomplete), which means there might be some inaccuracies or bits I incorrectly recall. But the gist is there and it seems not to really support your book learning or understanding of material presented by your professor(s?).
I freely admit I've not perfect recall or knowledge of a field that seems to change its view on what is/is not good for the body in terms of nutritional intake, but it seems to be a wide consensus that starvation is fucking terrible, and not a valid diet.
Since we're all using googled sources here, I assume it's okay to post this "consensus" of a bunch of doctors who apparently don't agree with your medico friends. Feel free to hold them liable for the OP's death and leave me out of it.
https://www.quora.com/For-how-long-could-a-seriously-obese-person-live-on-only-water

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Lil devils x said:
Lil devils x said:
Karathos said:
Karathos said:
All you have to do to lose weight is burn more than you take in, this starving-yourself shit will kill you. You're supposed to burn away fat, not muscle tissue. When you starve, the body cannibalizes your muscles to survive. A lot of people in here are convinced this is a prank, but we're talking about a world where people kill themselves when taking a selfie with a gun to their head and forgetting to check if it's loaded.

It's mostly fatty tissue that is metabolised during fasting. He will lose muscle, but mostly fat.
Not true, starving would be when he has no fatty tissue left to metabolise. At 150 kgs there is a lot of energy in the body to live on that he will be using for food.
Here this may help:

Your brain will start to break down your body's own protein, The proteins release amino acids, which can be converted into glucose, which is great news for your brain but bad news for your body. Basically, your body is cannabilizing itself by destroying your muscle mass.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/heres-what-happens-to-your-body-when-you-stop-eating_us_55c26205e4b0d9b28f0544f8

What's more, "old" fat stored in the body?s peripheral tissues?around the belly, thighs, or butt (also called subcutaneous fat)can't be burned efficiently without "new" fat to help the process, according to researchers at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. Dietary fat helps break down existing fat by activating PPAR-alpha and fat-burning pathways through the liver.
OH really? I only put myself into a lifetime of debt to earn my degrees in Pediatric Medicine and Immunology to come here on the internet and be told that some guy needs to starve himself to death because you know better. SO when this guy has health complications or even worse possibly dies, they can come hold you legally accountable for telling him to do this? There is a reason NO licensed practicing Physician in the US would tell someone to fast for 30 days without medical supervision. HE did not even receive an exam prior to doing this and has no idea if he has any underlying conditions. He is not being monitored and tested to ensure he is not seriously damaging his heart or other vital organs. Unless you have examined this individual, it is EXTREMELY reckless and unprofessional to even remotely suggest for them to do something this dangerous. Before you go online and tell random strangers to do something that could be life endangering and seriously harmful to their health, you need to fully comprehend the personal responsibility and legal accountability for the advice you are dispensing.

EDIT:
In addition, you do realize we go online and print out diets, recommendations and other advice sheets for our patients all the time, and we do in fact USE google to do exactly that. Luckily these things are readily available now to help us make things much easier for our patients so they do not have to go try to find this information themselves.
Whoa. Where did I say this guy "needs to starve himself to death"? Nowhere. I'm not encouraging anything, just correcting the misconceptions most people here seem to have about metabolism. I didn't even mention the OP.

And don't worry about your debt. With your business acumen at drumming up customers who need a doctor at their side before doing anything so much as stepping outside their front door, you'll be rich in no time. Yep, you'll be a fine doctor.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Lil devils x said:
I'd also assume you only use trusted, verified sources for such info, right? I mean it'd be terrible to give patients inaccurate or dangerously wrong info... :)
Funny how that parallels my experience as a PC tech, 25+ years of doing this work and I still google problems/solutions when necessary. I mean unless you're a super-brain capable of perfect recall, having these resources are an absolute godsend. I'm sure the medical community feels that way even more, since its a saving lives/making people feel better business. I also would think that the interwebs makes consulting other docs who may be halfway across the world (or even just a few hours away) so much easier with Skype or other video conference stuff and also for sharing stuff like x-rays and whatnot... of course with consent of the patient.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Asita said:
Lil devils x said:
Studies like that involve constant medical supervision and daily nutritional supplements - noted in the methods on the first page - specifically to avoid that problem.
Nutritional supplements don't create muscle tissue - you need protein intake for that as well. Simply put, if fasting metabolised muscle nearly as much as fat, there's no way you would be able to survive for a year.
"To avoid that problem". Which is to say, to avoid having to break down your muscles, not creating new ones. You can get a lot of energy from your fat, but that is in the form of ketones. Your brain needs at least some glucose, which it can't get from the fatty acids. It can, however, get glucose from breaking down the amino acids found in protein. Now yes, your fat has some glycerol in it, which your body can use to make glucose, but not nearly enough to efficiently meet the body's glucose requirements. This is why it starts to break down the muscle tissue.

And here's the thing. That study you're citing? That's not water only. He was fed multivitamins (and sometimes potassium), and yeast (again, stated in the first page of the same document you cited). On average, two tablespoons of yeast contain 60 calories, 5 g of carbohydrates, 9 g of protein (complete protein, at that), 5-20% of the recommended daily value of iron, and 35-100% of the DV of Vitamins B1 and B2. That's where he got the glucose he otherwise would have had to cannibalize his muscles for.

And before anyone's stupid enough to try that at home: He was under constant medical supervision. This is a world record under very controlled circumstances, not something anyone should ever attempt on their own.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Asita said:
Lil devils x said:

Lil devils x said:
Since we're all using googled sources here, I assume it's okay to post this "consensus" of a bunch of doctors who apparently don't agree with your medico friends. Feel free to hold them liable for the OP's death and leave me out of it.
https://www.quora.com/For-how-long-could-a-seriously-obese-person-live-on-only-water
Did you read your link provided:
First post:
There is an elevated risk of death in doing so
second..
the body is pretty dumb in starvation mode. It's going to waste away a lot of your muscle too as an energy source, and you're going to get really weak.
Finally, there is an annoying tendency for people on starvation diets to have heart attacks
So you provided me a link stating exactly what I just said. Yea, okay that makes plenty of sense. Oh and I am not seeing this " slew" of physicians disagreeing here.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Lil devils x said:
Lil devils x said:
Karathos said:
Karathos said:

Here this may help:

EDIT:
Whoa. Where did I say this guy "needs to starve himself to death"? Nowhere. I'm not encouraging anything, just correcting the misconceptions most people here seem to have about metabolism. I didn't even mention the OP.

And don't worry about your debt. With your business acumen at drumming up customers who need a doctor at their side before doing anything so much as stepping outside their front door, you'll be rich in no time. Yep, you'll be a fine doctor.
The guy has been on water only fast for more than 2 weeks ALREADY. People have died at far less. He has not had a physical exam prior to see if his body could endure this, nor has he been being monitored by a physician during this. SO yes, encouraging him to continue is saying " this guy needs to starve himself to death"> the ONLY advice that should be given at this point is to seek medical attention immediately and allow medical professionals to help him through the best course of action that will be determined pending the results of the examination. Anything short of that is reckless at this point.

EDIT: BTW I have been in practice for quite some time now, educational costs are just one part of it, when you get into the business of opening clinics you take on much more debt than you may realize. You are always adding to the costs, especially in the US, where we lack universal healthcare to cover all of your patients costs and you are not always reimbursed for expenses incurred.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Lil devils x said:
I'd also assume you only use trusted, verified sources for such info, right? I mean it'd be terrible to give patients inaccurate or dangerously wrong info... :)
Funny how that parallels my experience as a PC tech, 25+ years of doing this work and I still google problems/solutions when necessary. I mean unless you're a super-brain capable of perfect recall, having these resources are an absolute godsend. I'm sure the medical community feels that way even more, since its a saving lives/making people feel better business. I also would think that the interwebs makes consulting other docs who may be halfway across the world (or even just a few hours away) so much easier with Skype or other video conference stuff and also for sharing stuff like x-rays and whatnot... of course with consent of the patient.
You know it is funny though. Although we have all of this technology at our disposal now, most of the time when Physicians speak to each other outside of email is still usually via telephone call. OF course being able to send the patients file online now is a godsend.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Lil devils x said:
Lil devils x said:
Lil devils x said:
Karathos said:
Karathos said:

Here this may help:

EDIT:

The guy has been on water only fast for more than 2 weeks ALREADY. People have died at far less. He has not had a physical exam prior to see if his body could endure this, nor has he been being monitored by a physician during this. SO yes, encouraging him to continue is saying " this guy needs to starve himself to death"> the ONLY advice that should be given at this point is to seek medical attention immediately and allow medical professionals to help him through the best course of action that will be determined pending the results of the examination. Anything short of that is reckless at this point.

EDIT: BTW I have been in practice for quite some time now, educational costs are just one part of it, when you get into the business of opening clinics you take on much more debt than you may realize. You are always adding to the costs, especially in the US, where we lack universal healthcare to cover all of your patients costs and you are not always reimbursed for expenses incurred.
Just because life at all costs is the most important value for you (since your career and income depend on it) doesn't mean it is for everyone else. Let's let him decide whether the risks are worth continuing with the diet FOR HIM, shall we? It's his life after all.

"You're an idiot, go see a doctor" doesn't help anyone, except perhaps the wallets of your colleagues and your own bloated ego.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Lil devils x said:
Lil devils x said:
Lil devils x said:
Karathos said:
Karathos said:

Here this may help:

EDIT:

Just because life at all costs is the most important value for you (since your career and income depend on it) doesn't mean it is for everyone else. Let's let him decide whether the risks are worth continuing with the diet FOR HIM, shall we? It's his life after all.

"You're an idiot, go see a doctor" doesn't help anyone, except perhaps the wallets of your colleagues and your own bloated ego.
1) I wasn't aware anyone insulted him.
2)I do not even know where this person lives, he very well may not be paying his doctor ANYTHING if he lives in the vast majority of Western nations as they are intelligent enough to have universal healthcare.
3) I operate a FREE clinic, there happen to be plenty of them across the US and elsewhere where he could be seen for FREE if money is an issue.
4) You should mind your own advice you are not doing anyone any favors by dispensing medical advice that could prove fatal.
5) Depending on the laws of your nation, you can be held legally and financially libel for the medical advice given online, so you might want to keep that in mind before doing so.
6) My ego is irrelevant to making sure this person will be able to recover from what they expressed to be a distressing situation in regards to their health. Hopefully they have taken the advice on here and went to see a Physician whether at a clinic, Emergency room, or urgent care center and are recovering. Many areas ALSO have free Nutritionists available to help with getting a proper diet to help with the weight loss in a safe and healthy manner. The sooner they get to a qualified Physician, the less damage being done and they increase their likelihood of survival and begin recovery.

MarshallNX

Jul 6, 2017
This will be my last update.
I haven't gone to the doctor and I won't go, but I am feeling fine now. Yesterday I ate some rice and tomatoes spread across the whole day. My stomach was hurting and I got diarrhea, but even so I started feeling better and my head stopped hurting.
Today it's better, I ate breakfast and even though I had diarrhea again, it was not as bad, and I feel ALOT better. I
still feel weak, but there was this weird sense of dread that is now gone. Before that I had to keep myself busy by cleaning or playing a game, basically anything to keep my mind off food (not even hunger, but cravings mostly), but now I can just relax and not have those urges anymore.

I will make sure never to go back to my old eating habits and eat less than 2000 calories, maybe that will help. So far it seems that small amounts of food keeps me from being hungry so I guess I'll see if it continues like this.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
MarshallNX said:
This will be my last update.
I haven't gone to the doctor and I won't go, but I am feeling fine now. Yesterday I ate some rice and tomatoes spread across the whole day. My stomach was hurting and I got diarrhea, but even so I started feeling better and my head stopped hurting.
Today it's better, I ate breakfast and even though I had diarrhea again, it was not as bad, and I feel ALOT better. I
still feel weak, but there was this weird sense of dread that is now gone. Before that I had to keep myself busy by cleaning or playing a game, basically anything to keep my mind off food (not even hunger, but cravings mostly), but now I can just relax and not have those urges anymore.

I will make sure never to go back to my old eating habits and eat less than 2000 calories, maybe that will help. So far it seems that small amounts of food keeps me from being hungry so I guess I'll see if it continues like this.
I am glad you are starting to feel better. I can understand being afraid to go to the doctor and not wanting to deal with them thinking "why did you do this?", if you have a good doctor, they would not do that to you, but instead fully understand the helplessness you feel to she d the weight when it is so difficult to do. I know how desperate people are to just get their life back. It feels like you are missing out on life due to this burden. You should keep in mind though, you do not want to go through the trouble to lose all the weight and then not get to enjoy life after due to destroying your health, so doing it right pays off in the long term. Starting slowly with highly palatable foods such as rice and and maybe even some firm bananas to help with the loose stools and electrolytes is a good start. Some also find foods such as watermelon easy to digest as well. The important thing is you are hopefully getting better.

That sense of Dread was your body's way of telling you something was seriously wrong and I am glad you listened to what it was telling you and reached out for help. I am not sure of your region, but often there are free nutritionist willing to help in many areas that could better help you design a diet to suit your needs. Not everyone can use the same diet and accomplish the same goals. There area great number of factors that impact this, so it is often better to get some help to come up with a "life" plan since this is something you want to change and have it stay that way.

Feel free to PM me if you want and I can try to see if I can get you information that might be able to assist you or if you have any questions about different diet plans. I know this is an extremely difficult thing to do, but if you do it right, you will live a much happier and healthier life for it.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
MarshallNX said:
Again, if you want to lose weight, talk to a doctor. "Less than 2000 calories" is not a good baseline. The advised caloric intake (both for maintaining and losing weight) varies by sex, age, weight, height, and physical activity level. Furthermore, it's not just about calories, it's about eating right. For the sake of example, 2000 calories of chocolate is not equal to 2000 calories of blueberries. Borrowing from a site with a simple "how many calories should I eat" calculator:

Calories are simply a measure of energy. It is known that in order to gain weight, more calories need to be entering your body than leaving it. Conversely, if more calories leave your body than enter it, then you lose weight.

That being said, just cutting calories without regards to the foods you eat is usually not a sustainable way to lose weight. Although it works for some people, the majority of people end up hungry and eventually give up on their diet. For this reason, it is highly recommended to make a few other permanent changes to help you maintain a calorie deficit in the long term, without feeling starved.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
MarshallNX said:
McElroy said:
Scarim Coral said:
questions
I think we've been here for long enough to give the correct answer: he's pulling a prank.
Its not a prank, although I didnt find the answer I wanted. But I guess that makes sense, no one would tell me to keep doing this. I never told about this to anyone in real life after all.
That's because this is stupid, go to the hospital before you kill yourself. Your body will literally start eating itself to live, and not just fat, it's going to eat your muscles, internal organs, and brain matter just to try and survive. GO TO THE HOSPITAL BEFORE YOU SUFFER PERMANENT DAMAGE FROM THIS!