Feeling sick after not eating for 14 days

Estarc

Sep 23, 2008
A lot of people have already mentioned why going without food is dangerous. So I just wanted to say the best way to lose weight in my experience is just removing portion sizes. You don't even have to exercise (though it helps of course), just eat smaller portions every meal.

Of course that's assuming you don't have external influences like a medical condition of pills you are taking that are causing weight gain. I gained a lot of weight on a particular anti-depressant pill.

Anyway, please eat something, just a little bit though after going hungry for so long, and try to stay safe. You want to lose weight, not kill yourself.

Mar 26, 2008
MarshallNX said:
Since I got many replies I decided to update you on my status.
I didnt eat, but I took some salt with water and today I am not as dizzy and my vision is fine.
However my head hurts, and I took a few head ache pills during the day.

I know it's bad for me, and I am unsure wheter I will continue or not, but these past two weeks I lost A LOT of weight. I was 153 kg, now I am 134. This is a huge weight loss, the fat is practically melting off me. I really want to get to at least 100 kg since I am 1.80 (5"11) so I should look decent at 100 kg.

I think I'll wait 6 more days to make it 3 weeks, and then I'll see how I feel.
I concur with my learned friends on the Escapist. If 100% of the people are telling you it's dangerous, it stands to reason they're at least right on most accounts.

My experience with weight loss is that losing fat takes time. My metabolism has had to adjust itself over a few weeks to adapt to reduced food intake and how it is going to utilise the nutrients it is getting. Once that happens I've slowly lost weight over months.

Conversely, the time I lost a lot of kilograms in a matter of weeks was when I had an impinged nerve in my neck and the arm and shoulder muscles on my left side were atrophying. Nothing says massive weight loss gains by losing muscle mass! That was bad. I had one arm bigger than the other and had to lift weights to bring them back to normal. Scared the shit out of me.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
There's this little "rule" I was taught when I was young. It's not entirely accurate but it does put forward an idea about how long you can go without something.

The "rule of threes" in survival.

3 minutes without air

3 hours without shelter (in harsh environments, like a desert)

3 days without water (if you have shelter)

3 weeks without food (if you have water and shelter)

You are dangerously close to the 3 weeks without food. It is absolute bullshit that people go 30 days without it. Maybe in certain circumstances you could potentially get 30 days but you would be so weak and malnourished afterwards that you would be on the brink of death.