Felicia Day to Star in Dragon Age Web Series [UPDATED]

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Felicia Day to Star in Dragon Age Web Series [UPDATED]

Day says she hopes that her Dragon Age series will make gamers proud.

If you follow Felicia Day - creator and star of The Guild on Twitter, you might have seen her tweeting [http://twitter.com/#!/feliciaday/status/37317404094627840] about a "mystery project." She hinted that it had something to do with gaming, and she really wasn't kidding. Day is to star in a six-part web series set in Ferelden, the same world as BioWare's Dragon Age: Origin.

The series, called Dragon Age: Redemption, casts Day as the elven assassin, Tallis, who is hunting down a renegade mage. The success of the mission is of the utmost importance to Tallis, who risks having her freedom taken away if she fails. Realizing that she can't do it all by herself, she enlists allies to help her. Day described her character as headstrong and sarcastic, saying that she wanted to bring a modern sensibility to the role.

There's not a lot of details on the cast just yet, although Doug Jones - who is known for make-up heavy roles, like the Faun in Pan's Labyrinth or Abe Sapian in Hellboy - will make an appearance. The series was directed by Peter Winther, whose previous work includes production duties on Independence Day and Stargate. He's also directed a few episodes of the TV show Leverage.

Besides starring in it, Day also wrote the script for the series. She said that she was well aware that videogames don't normally translate well to live action, so she had tried to make Redemption as faithful as possible. "I am an organic gamer and I love games, and I particularly love this franchise," she said. "I put every single effort into making this something that gamers will be proud of." BioWare co-founder Greg Zeschuk said that the studio was excited to work with someone with as much passion for games as Day does.

Dragon Age: Redemption is currently in post-production and begins later this year.

Update: There's also now a trailer you can watch. It's firmly in the "teaser" category, but it still gives an idea of what we can expect this summer.

Source: USA Today [http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2011-02-15-felicia15_ST_N.htm]

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Sweet, I have such a huge crush on her. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
where can i actually watch the guild. i watched like season 3 or 4 and then tried to watch the latests season but it sent me to msn or something and i have never been able to find my way back there.

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
This should be interesting... I've lost interest in the Guild, but I do like Miss Day, so I have my hopes up that this might just stick.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I dunno. I like her quite a bit in the comedic The Guild, but I'm not sure I can see her taking overly well to the more dramatic tone of something set within the Dragon Age universe well, even if she approaches her character as being "sarcastic." Certainly DA does have it's humourous moments but the setting overall isn't very.. funny.

Uri

Feb 17, 2010
Merkavar said:
where can i actually watch the guild. i watched like season 3 or 4 and then tried to watch the latests season but it sent me to msn or something and i have never been able to find my way back there.
the site? http://www.watchtheguild.com/

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
I don't watch the guild at all so I'm curious how that will affect the viewing vs. having seen it.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
The series, called Dragon Age: Redemption, casts Day as the elven assassin, Tallis, who is hunting down a renegade mage.
...Anders? That was what immediately came to mind, having heard that. The second thought that comes to mind is Jowan, but hopefully it's someone completely different. And hooray, another snarky sarcastic lead, whoo!

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
This could be great, but it could also be painfully bad. I have high hopes for the former though. Big fan of Ms Day.

Dafttechno

May 19, 2010
Spectrum_Prez said:
She's decent on the Guild but I doubt she has the acting chops to pull off a more serious role.
Go watch Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog, see if your opinion changes.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
StriderShinryu said:
I dunno. I like her quite a bit in the comedic The Guild, but I'm not sure I can see her taking overly well to the more dramatic tone of something set within the Dragon Age universe well, even if she approaches her character as being "sarcastic." Certainly DA does have it's humourous moments but the setting overall isn't very.. funny.
Yeah, sometimes it's "Ha ha Alistair said an innuendo" but most of the time it's "Good lord 20 billion children just died."

Spectrum_Prez

Aug 19, 2009
Dafttechno said:
Spectrum_Prez said:
She's decent on the Guild but I doubt she has the acting chops to pull off a more serious role.
Go watch Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog, see if your opinion changes.
I've watched that. She was the weakest link. But it's not hard to be the weakest link starring alongside Nathan Fillion and NPH.

Still, she's really not that great an actress. And poor actresses make bad fantasy movies/tv.
She is cute though.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Not gonna lie, she irritates the hell out of me.

She isn't a great actress at all and I don't even like Dragon Age either so, this is a rather negative post over all.