Fellow members of the PC master race! Mice recommendations?

Powerman88

Dec 24, 2008
So pretty self explanatory. Anyone have any recommendations for any newer gaming mice? Brands? Models? Thanks guys!

Dec 14, 2009
'Gaming' mice is a redundant term, they're the Alienware of peripherals.

Any mouse with good tracking will do you just fine, like Logitech or whatever.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Can we drop the "PC master race" thing already? This juvenile superiority complex is getting a little old.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
I really love my Steelseries Xai. The fact that the settings are saved directly to the mouse is so convenient since I don't have to worry about reversing the mouse buttons for use in my left hand after setting it once. It is also a very accurate and responsive mouse.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Might want to be a little bit more specific. Budget? Claw/palm/finger-grip? I can't give any recommendations but if anyone mouse-savvy was to, having that information would be handy.
Daystar Clarion said:
'Gaming' mice is a redundant term, they're the Alienware of peripherals.

Any mouse with good tracking will do you just fine, like Logitech or whatever.
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss gaming mice, if not for the technical specs then the wealth of extra buttons you get with most of them.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
I'm using a Gigabyte GM-M6800
Good size, pretty responsive, 2 extra side buttons. I've had it for a few months and it's fine so far. Did I also mention it's comfortable and cheap? cause there's that too, I got it for about $30 AU.

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
My razor Deathadder died a few months ago and I picked up a R.A.T. 7, been pretty good, increased my kills in BF3. First day using it got 10 knife kills in a single match. Got my melee tags that day. XD

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
I'm using my good old Logitech M510. I've tried using gaming mouse once, but I don't know, the fact that most of them are big and bulky throws me off. Go for something that fits your hand best.

aceman67

Jan 14, 2010
Do yourself a huge favor and make sure the mouse fits your hand properly. I personally use a Steelseries Ikari Laser Mouse because it fits my hand perfectly and doesn't aggravate my carpal tunnel (from shattering my wrist at work). It also allows me to adjust the tracking (DPI) manually on the mouse, which is really nice.

romxxii

Feb 18, 2010
Sack of Cheese said:
Can we drop the "PC master race" thing already? This juvenile superiority complex is getting a little old.
Wait, he's not being ironic in his usage of "PC Gaming Master Race"?

Anyway, back to topic: unless your hands are extremely dextrous, there's no need for those super-imba DPI mice. Get them for the extra buttons, sure, but at the end of the day, your main concern should be ergonomics and responsiveness of the optic sensors.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
It depends on what you want to use it for, really... if you're really big into MMOs, I'd suggest a Razer Naga, simply because of all the damned buttons.

Otherwise, I'd go with a logitech. My G9x is lovely and has worked very, very well for everything I've thrown at it.

Edit: Links!

Naga. http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga

G9x. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Programmable-Laser-Gaming-Precision/dp/B001NTFATI

Captcha: never gonna give you up.

Christ, even the spam protection is trolling now.

Jimmy Sylvers

Aug 30, 2011
I used this one for years:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTE1ulRkdWSSu87uoDTrpy8z0n6_uZEQjg7I2f7r5-EX0yoVBRI

I lament it's passing. nice size for my larger hands, comfortable curve, unassuming design.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I rather like my cooler master inferno:

It's quite responsive, has great ergonomics, and a bunch of well placed programmable buttons. You can program 4 different profiles onto the mouse also, and they are saved on the mouse (it has a little bit of internal memory), so you can plug it into any computer and have the same button configurations you've already programmed. All in all it's really great. I have different profiles on it for web browsing/writing, and gaming. You wouldn't believe how amazingly comfortable it is to have and buttons on a mouse, as well as and buttons. There are also dedicated sensitivity buttons on the mouse so you can change sensitivity on the fly, which is great for class based games like TF2 so you can adjust your mouse sensitivity based on what class you're playing at the moment with a single push of a button.

That image is a little misleading though, it makes it look like a wireless mouse, when in fact it is wired (which I personally prefer in a gaming mouse).

You can get the mouse on amazon for $45 if you're interested. http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master...e=UTF8&qid=1314038558&sr=8-1&tag=vglnk-c21-20

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Sack of Cheese said:
It was clearly a joking tone. You know what is getting old though? People claiming there is a superiority complex where there clearly is none.

OT: I just ordered a Roccat Wireless Mouse, and it looks awesome. Though it hasn't arrived yet so I can't really tell how good it is or isn't.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Steelseries Sensei.
Go Professional or Raw, I don't really care. 4 side buttons that you can assign to whatever you want, a range up to 11400 DPI [You will not need this much... EVER], a DPI switch button to swap between 2 customisable DPI settings, different profiles you can load onto it and save for different games, and pretty lights that you can customise too. plus its comfortable and isn't oddly shaped, trying to look cool, like a lot of so called 'gaming' mice that I came across whilst looking them up. Fairly expensive, but IMO worth it.

InfernalPaladin

Mar 30, 2013
romxxii said:
unless your hands are extremely dextrous, there's no need for those super-imba DPI mice. Get them for the extra buttons, sure, but at the end of the day, your main concern should be ergonomics and responsiveness of the optic sensors.
That's is pretty much all you need to look into, aside from price if you're on a budget.

I own a R.A.T 5 which is easily the nicest mouse I can think of. I'm a 'claw' type player so being able to keep the width of the mouse while moving the back plate forward is a huge bonus. Plus having those couple of extra buttons are always nice for general computing. Can thoroughly recommend the Cyborg line of mice; comfortable and adaptive (and they look really nice in my opinion).

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I always preferred the logitech G5

I've never seen ANY reason to have one of these abominations

Sack of Cheese said:
NOPE.