Fellow members of the PC master race! Mice recommendations?

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Screw "gaming" mice, get a good solid mouse that has decent software with a few extra buttons then get a good gaming gaming keypad [https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gaming+keypad&hl=en&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=lzNZUeCqNYeP0AW00IHIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=955] instead.

Much better than a fancy overpriced mouse with 20 extra buttons, buttons are in a more comfortable position and its great to have WASD and the other keys you use for games isolated. Macros come in handy for some games too.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Vigormortis said:
It's funny, it was the NON-pc gamers that started the "PC gaming master race" thing. They were the ones who incessantly attempted to "insult" us PC gamers with that phrase.

And now that we've, jokingly...sarcastically...adopted the term as an in-joke amongst ourselves, now the non-PC gamers are getting "tired" of the phrase.

The irony is just too damn delicious. Like the ambrosia of the gods. (further irony!)

Also: Double standard?

The thread's full of posts that simply recommend brands of mice; answering the OPs question.

Where in the flippin' hell are you seeing "double standards"?

I swear to God, this site is full of people just looking for something to complain about now-a-days...
Well there's one thing I'm gonna complain about. People have the entire phrase wrong nowadays. It's "glorious PC master race". People keep forgetting the "glorious" bit, the audacity! The outrage!

As for "gaming mice", my rule of thumb has always been Whatever Works™ and right now I'm on a good ol' 5-button Logitech precision mouse. Then again my playstyle is rather odd, since it does involve more clicking than people would say is optimal, but it's simply something that works for me better as a wholesome control input.

Also

J Tyran said:
Screw "gaming" mice, get a good solid mouse that has decent software with a few extra buttons then get a good gaming gaming keypad [https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gaming+keypad&hl=en&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=lzNZUeCqNYeP0AW00IHIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=955] instead.

Much better than a fancy overpriced mouse with 20 extra buttons, buttons are in a more comfortable position and its great to have WASD and the other keys you use for games isolated. Macros come in handy for some games too.
This one is worth considering.

xefaros

Jun 27, 2012
Gaming mouse?Unless you are still playing WoW and dont have a macro keyboard(which is far more reliable than mice) i would suggest the following two
http://dx.com/p/usb-800-1600-2400-3200-dpi-wired-optical-gaming-mouse-black-silver-141598
http://dx.com/p/r-horse-rh-3200-usb...optical-mouse-black-golden-190cm-cable-133967
They fit nicely on big hands,dont get things on your hands,sweat resistant,nice response time and nice laser precision and they hardly break when you rage plus they work underwater

Cheap reliable with more than enough buttons and remember kids there are *.ini for sensitivity that provide way more accuracy than any fancy mice

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
I'm either a special snowflake, or the Mionix Mice are the brand that nobody knows about.

I like the NAOS 3200, but then again, I prefer the heavier mice with a higher polling rate and a lower DPI. The lack of pointless drivers mean I can set the extra keys and settings, and then just uninstall them, the Mouse will retain it's settings and polling rate while utilizing HID, just like the bastard that Microsoft and Razer put together, the Habu. (Which repeatedly broke. Went through 4 of the damn things.) It's heavy, it's extremely comfortable, and tracking only fails when a cat-hair gets stuck in the laser. :p It also doesn't have an obscene amount of buttons, it's only got the side buttons and the two extra top buttons below the wheel. (Although they're a little far back for my liking, so use is limited.)

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
I just sold my RAT 9, picked up a Logitech G600 instead.

Might switch it out for a Razer Mamba soon though.

Some say using these two together is overkill.

To those I say, SILENCE, MINIONS.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
s69-5 said:
CriticKitten said:
Or maybe you should just stop assuming that people aren't joking when they clearly indicate that they are.
Nowhere did the op indicate he was joking. Other posters have supposed that he is with no evidence whatsoever to the OP's intent. There's a difference. Besides, joking or not, it perpetuates something that should not be.

It's like making a racist joke. It may be just a joke, but it's no less offensive.

Understand? Good.

Vigormortis said:
It's funny, it was the NON-pc gamers that started the "PC gaming master race" thing. They were the ones who incessantly attempted to "insult" us PC gamers with that phrase.
What? That doesn't even make sense.

The people I see using that phrase are mostly the PC fanboys. I've yet to see someone aim it at a fanboy as a derogatory term, since it isn't.

Or do you mean the term: ELITIST, which is not the same thing.
The people who use terms like "Gaming Master Race" can use the term "Elitist" to describe themselves all they want since that clearly what they are.

Get your terms straight before you respond.
Good lord. This post.

Insulting. Confrontational. Hyperbolic. The whole shebang.

I mean, you compare someone saying "glorious PC gaming master race" to someone making a racist joke....as if they're the same thing.

I'm not even sure where to begin with that. Jesus...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I will admit, though, that your post made me laugh. It's quite telling, and very similar to the average PC bashing comment we see around here.

You make it seem as if PC gamers are nothing but crude, condescending jerks who do nothing but insult non-PC users and make overly generalized assumptions about the same.

And yet, there you are, doing the exact same thing you accuse us of. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Regardless, I sincerely hope PC gamers around here continue to use the phrase "glorious PC master race" in jest. It's hilarious. Both as a sarcastic quip at our own expense, and as a clear annoyance to all those that tried using the term against us for so long.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Vigormortis said:
You make it seem as if PC gamers are nothing but crude, condescending jerks who do nothing but insult non-PC users and make overly generalized assumptions about the same.

Yeah I almost NEVER refer to the filthy console gaming peasants as filthy console gaming peasants! It's just that after years and years of being told that PC gaming is dying, seeing what's happening to consoles is massively cathartic.

YOU BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELVES, YOU FILTHY CONSOLE GAMING PEASANTS PEOPLE WHO LIKE EXACTLY THE SAME GAMES AS I DO ON A DIFFERENTLY SHAPED BOX OF PLASTIC AND METAL!

Captcha: Voight Kampf. <-- wut the heck?

Fluffythepoo

Sep 29, 2011
Steel series MMO gaming mouse, cata edition

the buttons and wow logo and lights and all that are irreverent.. its a big mouse. if youre a mid-large male (6foot area) you probably find mice are always too small. This one isnt is comfy, ergonomic, and big. I have friends that use is that dont play mmos, they even scratch the wow brand off the top. They use it because its a high quality mouse that actually fits. That said fantastic button placement and great for mmos. Also you can macro all the magic mouse swipe gesture to it, and it actually feels quite natural/intuitive to use with OSX

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
I use a Microsoft Sidewinder X8 which is a lovely mouse. I do believe it has been discontinued and to get anything else wireless that can be used for gaming these days would require you trading in your right arm.

The Razer Deathadder 2013 edition seems pretty awesome. Optical sensor gives perfect tracking and it is comfy as hell for people who like the ergonomic designs.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Balberoth said:
I second the continued use of the term "PC Gaming Master Race" precisely because of reactions like yours.
It's a joke, the whole thing is a joke, and it was always a joke.
WTF? No one told me!! -_-

Right, I'm starting the Brotherhood of Steel. Who's with me?

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
To be honest I found the term cringe worthy when Yhatzee coined it, it just makes pc gamers sound like a load of ironic neck bearded cretins who think the only way to experience a game is with a shit ton of RAM, on a machine that cost them an extortionate amount of money. I am also pretty sure Yhatzee himself was being ironic when he said, so lets drop it guys it make us sound like a bunch of arseholes.

OP: Just buy any old mouse don't be a chump and shell out £90/$100 for a mouse! it wont make you any better and you can get like 20 games instead. Just buy any old mouse with decent tracking cheap from your local supermarket.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
G400
G9X
Razer Adder

Anything else is overkill. I prefer the G400. I'm not a fan of Razer's products as they tend to shoot for the Alienware Audience of middle class kids with too much money, but the Adder has good ergonomics and, most importantly, awesome tracking.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
s69-5 said:
I didn't "assume" you've never gamed on a PC. I made no assumptions of any kind. I was simply replying to your first post wherein you acted as though PC gamers were somehow "cramming" the "PC master race" thing down everyone's throats, as if it's a serious statement on their "clear superiority". Something that, save for a very few instances, is just patently false. Stop trying to make straw-man arguments.

You may not have noticed it, but there certainly has been a plethora of anti-PC gamers on this and other sites who use the term "PC master race" in a derogatory sense. It's used to lambast PC gamers; painting a picture of their perceived elitism. It may have been used by some PC gamers in the past to demean non-PC gamers, but non-PC gamers have used it far more often as an ironic insult.

Besides, even if all of that weren't true, it doesn't change the fact that, in most occasions today, it's used as a sarcastic jest by PC gamers at PC gamers. Used as an in-joke. Console players don't even factor into the equation.

That it "bothers" some people doesn't mean that PC gamers should stop using the phrase. It means those being bothered should just grow a thicker skin.

A final thought: I'm the one being adversarial? I was unaware that responding to someone's publicly accessible post with anything but absolute agreement was considered being "adversarial". I'll keep that in mind next time I quote someone on this forum. Besides, how is it that you using such phrases as -

"Did I hit a nerve?"
"Strike a bit too close to home?"
"You have imagined some non-sensical scenario to make your fiction work."

is not considered adversarial? How is that not being confrontational?

You've basically been insulting people, yet say you just want everyone to "get along". That's just...I'm not even sure how to put it.

Now, can we please get this topic back on track? The OP simply wanted help picking a new gaming mouse. Must we have people coming in to complain about a simple joke?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Speaking of which, to the OP:

Besides the Logitech G500 I recommended before, you may also want to give these a look -

The G600 [http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse?crid=825] has a bevy of side buttons and programming options. If you're looking for a wealth of buttons to macro, this may do well for you.

The G300 [http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/gaming-mouse-g300?crid=825] is a simpler design, but it still has a number of macro-able buttons and an ambidextrous design. So it's perfect if you're left handed. (or right, really)