Fellow members of the PC master race! Mice recommendations?

Kael Arawn

Mar 4, 2012
Ive been rocking a Gigabyte M8000X for about 4 years now and i think its the best mouse Ive ever used. The adjustable DPI setting at a click are super handy and it made my time playing bioshock infinite infinitely easier as i could go between a ludicrously touchy mouse movement mechanic (menus and purchases from machines in game) and a super slow one (general combat) by adjusting it on the fly.

Its hardy, ergonomically comfortable, has adjustable weights in its base and has easily accessible side button's for use with your thumb and i could never play a mouse driven pc game such as a FPS again without thumb buttons Ive gotten so use to them :)

Ive also have had a Razer copperhead and dethadder and both of those lasted less then 2 years before they kicked the bucket.

But then Ive also got a Logitech MX Revolution hooked up to my lounge rig/server and its pretty damn good as well.

The m8000x, its also pretty sexy looking :)

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
I have always considered buying a mouse with a million buttons. I mean, I am a grown up with no children so I basically have infinite money. It makes sense to spend a lot of dosh on something I use all the time. Might go for one of them Razer Naga fellows with the extra left clicky buttons.

Really something should be done about those terrible Console types. If only there was some manner of final solution to the problem of consolery.

BartyMae

Apr 20, 2012
I have a G400. It's pretty nice. Only complaint is that the DPI resets randomly...(though extremely infrequently - also, there's buttons right on the mouse to bring it up/down, so it's not that bad when it happens). Three year warranty is nice.

Stay away from Razer. Have had two Deathadders...they're oh so comfortable, but they seem to break in some way right after their one year warranty expires. Additionally, their surface is weird and seems to more easily accumulate oils/other junk from your fingers than any other mouse I've used.

madster11

Aug 17, 2010
I picked my Deathadder Black up cheap, because it was cheap and came with a big mousepad to boot.

Go find a comfortable mouse for a low price. It doesn't matter what is is providing it costs more than $10, they all do the same job. I had a G9 perfectly set up with weights in the past and noticed absolutely no change (after readjusting sensitivity) when i let a friend borrow it and used a bargain bin, less-than-$5 mouse. Oh, at the start i dropped maybe 1-2 kills per match, but once i got used to the new mouse it was exactly the same.

Vhite said:
My problem with them is simple, and the new mice on the Razer website which people linked here just keep on solidifying it. As second post after OP said, they are the Alienware of peripherals. They are terribly overpriced and they features are often just buzzwords so what are you paying for is mostly pretty words, logos and some cool looking LEDs.
Also my long time problem with them used to be that they used to make ergonomically good mice with rather pointlessly high DPI and sold them for 200% price. Today they seem to have jumped on MOBA/MMO bandwagon and are putting as many buttons on them as they can. Lack of extra buttons was what used to turn me off their products but all I asked for was 3 or 4 extra buttons. Now you got mice like Razer Naga with 12 extra buttons on side. Is that a joke? Since when do mice need more buttons than cellphone? And of course they had to throw the ergonomics out of window to fit there so many buttons.
Looking at the price of equivalent peripherals, razer stuff is actually the low cost option in a lot of cases. Might want to go compare the price of, say, a deathadder with the price of a G9X there mate.

Again, go look at their mice. The deathadder (ie, the sensible choice) has 2 buttons on the side and you can click the scroll wheel down. That's it, and that's all you need. Hell, i map blinkers to those side buttons for Euro Truck Sim 2 because they're comfy and i use the mouse to look around anyway.

There's no reason to hate on razer for making overpriced, good looking shit. Everyone else is doing the same thing, but at least razer are in general not too badly priced and actually make ergonomic stuff. My Deathadder Black is exceedingly comfortable, more-so than mice i've used that cost 2-3x more in the past.

Kael Arawn

Mar 4, 2012
xefaros said:
Gaming mouse?Unless you are still playing WoW and dont have a macro keyboard(which is far more reliable than mice) i would suggest the following two
http://dx.com/p/usb-800-1600-2400-3200-dpi-wired-optical-gaming-mouse-black-silver-141598
http://dx.com/p/r-horse-rh-3200-usb...optical-mouse-black-golden-190cm-cable-133967
They fit nicely on big hands,dont get things on your hands,sweat resistant,nice response time and nice laser precision and they hardly break when you rage plus they work underwater

Cheap reliable with more than enough buttons and remember kids there are *.ini for sensitivity that provide way more accuracy than any fancy mice
WOW! another human who knows about DX, i buy most of the generic stock for my I.T business from them :)

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I'm going to have to switch up myself fairly soon. Been using an old (like decade old) Logitech. But having trouble finding a replacement. It's not a mouse, I prefer a trackball. But the one I have is index finger control/thumb left click. Most now are thumb control/index left click. I could get used to it, but would rather not have to. Anyone know a good trackball? (or does anyone even prefer the trackball these days?)

mrhateful

True Gamer
Apr 8, 2010
Sack of Cheese said:
Can we drop the "PC master race" thing already? This juvenile superiority complex is getting a little old.
Being superior is never old

On topic:

I used to run mx518 had 3 of them but now that my mouse broke and I needed a new one, so I brought the G500. It is pretty nice feels like an upgrade all in all. Only thing you need to know is there is a button that puts friction on the mousewheel I did not know this so my mouse would scroll(which is zoom in, in SC2) very annoying. Pressing that button fixed all problems with the mouse, and I have no problems recommending it.

Dr.Panties

Dec 30, 2010
Plasmadamage said:
Dr.Panties said:
Can't go wrong with Biker Mice From Mars.
Allow me to show my appreciation with the following fake laugh.

Hahaha- Hah Hah Hah- HAH HAH HAH!
Allow me to show my derision with the following statement: "Toolbox".