Fellow men of the Escapist: How much facial hair do you keep on?

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
At the moment: 4 weeks-hobo-beard

Usually: Shaving about once a week keeping a circle beard.

Also relevant:

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
The only noticeable facial hair I can grow is on my chin >.>

I do get some elsewhere but it's practically invisible. So I have to shave at least once every two days otherwise I have an incredibly dirty looking chin.

I get pretty annoyed about it, I have to shave regularly but I can't grow a proper beard. Maybe by the time I'm thirty I'll be able to manage a goatee or something.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Generally keep it trimmed to about 5 days/week long sort of length. Partly out of laziness, partly because I look about 5 years younger when fully shaved. Which isn't ideal.

I don't quite manage the epic chest hair like my friend.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Only my sideburns and chin. Looks horrible though, so I'm considering chopping it off. The rest of my face seems doomed. My cheeks only get fluff. It can grow out to cover them, but it's not thick enough compared to the rest of my face. Then we got my moustasche, which grows quite nicely, however the fucker is blonde/light brown. All the rest of my hair(head, body and face) is dark brown/dark red.

As soon as I'm able I'll go for a full beard. Will probably have to dye the fucking moustasche though.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
Clean shaven or a fortnight worth of stubble, one or t'other.
In a fortnight I'd have a beard.

Anyway Sometimes the hair form my head touches my face. Dose that count? No? Ok fine I clean shave.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Normally I go full shaven, but now is a good time to ask, given we're just at the beginning of Movember. For the uninitiated, Movember is when males grow out their facial hair in support of men's health issues, often being sponsored in their efforts to do so.

So right now, I'm attempting to grow myself a Tony Stark style mo-goatee combo... We'll see how that turns out. I'll probably get a week or two in before I decide it's too patchy and uneven and I'll shave it off.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I have some pretty sorry excuses for facial hair that happen to reside on my chin and upper lip area.

...Honestly, it's not highly noticeable, so I can get REALLY lazy with shaving it. I'm trying to keep the chin going though, because I don't mind how it looks. Moustache on the other hand...I find it horrible. Still, I really don't find myself shaving all that often.

Nokturos

Nov 17, 2009
None. Beards are for sissies. I'm not so insecure I need to cover up parts of my face with hair.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
When i shave i take all my facial hair off at once (except my eyebrows) and also do my head aswell. I tend to leave it a few months before i bother shaving though so when i shave i go from grizzly adams to george doors. I like the contrast and people treat me with a lot more respect when i'm clean shaven...

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Actually decided to do a full shave shortly after my post here. This image couldn't be more accurate:

I haven't seen my chin in over five years. :(

EMWISE94

Aug 22, 2013
I just shaved so I'm all smooth right now, but when I'm rocking the beard look its like my beard wants to be a chin strap then half way there, changed its mind and decided neck beards were in so it looks odd.

Pebblig

Jan 27, 2011
I have a goatee, I shave it off from time to time if I suddenly get bored or if I've ruined it by making it too wonky D= but normally I have one most of the time.

It extends down about half way between chin and my adam's apple, about 1-1.5cm long. I keep the moustache a lot shorter though, like 0.5cm.

The main reason I have it is because I think I look too young without it, though most people in my family don't notice when I've shaved it/grown it back.

HappyBarbarian

Nov 15, 2011
I have a mustache and full beard, maybe a fist and quarter long. It points away from my chin Leonidas style. Thinking bout doing a Viking'esque braid.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
I aim for Dumbledore but my facepubes are too curly and I end up more like Osama Bin Laden or David Bellamy (I'm not quite as white-haired as him but I'm heading that way)

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
Full beard trimmed every 3 days to 2mm length and shaven off the neck so that it hugs my jaw and I don't have any irritating itchiness from the neck.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
I'm not allowed to have a full beard due to my job as a firefighter/paramedic. I have to be able to have all my masks form a seal around my mouth and nose. So I usually keep a little bit of scruff because I think I look best with it. I Do have a goatee as well. I don't like being completely clean shaven, as it makes me look too young, I think.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
I tend to keep a thin beard most of the time, but every now and then I just do a complete shave instead. Which almost gets me asked for ID if I want a drink after 11PM.

But hey, when I'm 60, I'll look 40.

And of course, November, so I can say "fuck shaving" and nobody can give me a hard time over it.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
I have full on rockabilly mutton chops. Had them for years now. Before that I had an especially long goatee.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Depend if I'm in work or not. Normally I'm just lazy and don't shave as long I will be indoor (I don' have a beard or mustache when it's grown up). Otherwise it's clean shaven when I'm in work.

Captain Anon

Mar 5, 2012
a 5'o clock shadow which after a few days turns into a full blown beard and then I shave and it starts all over again