Fellow men of the Escapist: How much facial hair do you keep on?

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
When (or if) you shave, how much hair do you like to keep on?

I personally like to have a clean shaved face. No facial hair whatsoever. Although I can understand the appeal of a well groomed mustache or goatee.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I always have a full beard and moustache, usually about knee-length...

Oh, men of the Escapist...

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Historically I've abhorred facial hair, though for the past... wow, 5 years... I've kept a very discreet goatee.

Come think of it it barely registers.

Dec 14, 2009
Clean shaven or a fortnight worth of stubble, one or t'other.

I have this magic trick where I cut about ten years off my face when I shave, it's almost like I haven't lost my misspent youth.

[sub]Almost...[/sub]

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
If my facial hair pattern was right for it, I would prefer to go for something similar to the Riker. Somewhat difficult to maintain, but it is pretty much just the right look for my taste.

As it is, mustache and medium length round goatee.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
I almost always have sideburns of some incarnation. I'm most partial to having them shaved at the jawline, and one razorblades width from the edge of my chin. I've tried other types, one time I grew full on Burnside sideburns, and I often just shave them into stright lines, especially when I'm going places where lots of facial hair is frowned upon.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
I generally wait until I can't do anything, especially go to sleep, without feeling the facial hair pushing against my skin.

After that, I shave it all off and restart the process of waiting until it gets very annoying again. However, I have thought about just trimming the beard so it isn't so annoying but still fully visible. Taking it all off just makes me feel like I've lost some of my manhood.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
I try to shave about 2-3 times a week, my ideal facial hair length is sort of about a day's length stubble - it's because then, I can scratch my hand on my face and it's awesome.

Colour Scientist said:
I always suspected that.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I usually only grow a couple of days worth of stubble, any more and it gets far too annoying for me to keep it. I was going to grow a moustache for Movember, mainly for charity but also to see how stupid I would look with a moustache. But I always forget when I go to shave.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I let a GREAT BUSHY BEARD grow in until it's time for a haircut and then shave it off after I get a buzzcut, then I allow it to start anew. A good beard is like a good crop, and so mine comes in full in a seasonal sort of way.

jab136

Sep 21, 2012
I tend to keep a full beard and moustache, I have had it since I was about 16, it was nice for people to think I looked older. I tend to keep it generally short, but I think I will grow it out a bit for the winter (it gets cold here in state college).

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Not much. Seeing as I can only grow what I call "Decaprio" or "Depp" facial hair, I like to keep my face relatively clean.

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
ugg, I kind of wish I had the option, but my facial hair is terrible so I pretty much either have to be clean shaving or I end up with a neck beard. Scarring from injuries when I was little make it so I can't really grow any hair on my chin or right under it.

I could do a mustache I suppose, but then I would look like a clone of my father, and I already get enough comments telling us we look alike, so yeah clean shaving all the way.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
EternallyBored said:
I could do a mustache I suppose, but then I would look like a clone of my father, and I already get enough comments telling us we look alike, so yeah clean shaving all the way.
Heh, same thing happens with me and my dad. :p

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
I have a dilema. If i shave i look like a child but if i dont shave i grow a scraggly ginger beard (im not even ginger). I tend to go for the latter as the lesser of 2 evils.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Colour Scientist said:
Bill Bailey - Cosmic Jam said:
What I'd like to do now... well, what I'd really like to do now is: grow my beard really long, weave it into my pubes and strum it like a harp!

*ahem* *shrug* First thing I thought of when I read your comment... 'tis the way my mind works... =.=

Daystar Clarion said:
How can you have a fortnight's worth of stubble?! Unless your facial hair grows at a stupendously slow rate, otherwise that's just a full beard. I know a guy whose five-o'clock shadow is a full beard, but never heard of the reverse! o_O

OT: I shave like once a week and the best days for viewing my facial hair is Tuesday through Thursday, because the five-o'clock shadow look with the slightest hint of recently sacked hobo suits me best...(!) -_-

Brainpaint

Sep 28, 2011
I sometimes let my neckbeard and moustache grow out if I don't feel like trimming them over the weekend...

Shit... I'm female!

Dec 14, 2009
SckizoBoy said:
Colour Scientist said:
Bill Bailey - Cosmic Jam said:
What I'd like to do now... well, what I'd really like to do now is: grow my beard really long, weave it into my pubes and strum it like a harp!

*ahem* *shrug* First thing I thought of when I read your comment... 'tis the way my mind works... =.=

Daystar Clarion said:
How can you have a fortnight's worth of stubble?! Unless your facial hair grows at a stupendously slow rate, otherwise that's just a full beard. I know a guy whose five-o'clock shadow is a full beard, but never heard of the reverse! o_O

OT: I shave like once a week and the best days for viewing my facial hair is Tuesday through Thursday, because the five-o'clock shadow look with the slightest hint of recently sacked hobo suits me best...(!) -_-
It grows quickly, the slows down. I wouldn't call it beard.

'Scruff'

Yeah, scruff seems like the most fitting word to describe my pseudo-stubble.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Daystar Clarion said:
It grows quickly, the slows down. I wouldn't call it beard.

'Scruff'

Yeah, scruff seems like the most fitting word to describe my pseudo-stubble.
Please tell me its patchy... just so I can try picturing the horror that is you with a patchy beard! =P