Female Gamers?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
yep

I have two x chromozomes (I think, biology is a little rusty) and I play alot of games as well, in fact was quite surprised at the amount of females playing left 4 dead

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Tits or GTFO.

There's a few on this site. Janat Urlich, Ayaline and Vanitygirl pop to mind.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
From looking at your gamertag and Steam account you haven't actually played that many games, but I won't make any premature assumptions as I don't know the full story. In my experience, any female that can actually finish a game is worthy of praise.

Nov 18, 2010
No. There are no other female gamers in the WORLD. You are alone.

Jk, ya, there are a ton out there, I just can't seem to find any other than online.

Btw, welcome to the Escapist!

PlasmaFrog

Feb 2, 2009
You have two post, I hardly know you, and you seem to be making a big ordeal about something so small and insignificant.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
You know. The subject of female gamers always reminds me of this vid. (Extra Credits before the Escapist hired them.)
I personally can not find any female gamers in my life.
Oh and welcome to the escapist. Stay out of the basement.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
your actually making the thread for this? Of course there are other girls who play games duh

blue heartless

Legacy
Aug 28, 2005
I converted my wife by convincing her to download Steam. I've gifted a few games to her and she's so dang addicted.

She loves playing TF2 with me. Her favorite class is the Heavy. It's so dang cute!

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
mightylittleone said:
I am a female gamer. i play ALOT of games. Are there any others out there?
I refuse to believe it! Female gamers are a myth. Less true than bigfoot and loch ness monster combined! RAHHG!

In all seriousness though, you are not alone... though as a male gamer I cannot say that I am personally part of that particular group.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Big deal. Being female and playing games does not make you special.

Broken Boy

Apr 10, 2010
Don't know if you would count me as one but. I would have to say I am. I consider my XY chromosomes to be a birth defect.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
There's actually a large number on this site. We try not to make a big deal about it.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Tits or GTFO.

There's a few on this site. Janat Urlich, Ayaline and Vanitygirl pop to mind.
Tits or get the fuck out...what does that mean? I mean in context?

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
mightylittleone said:
I am a female gamer.
...Good for you? I really don't see why some female gamers make such a fuss over their gender when it simply doesn't matter. Certainly, it's nice to see more females interested in what is often seen as a male-dominated hobby, but then these same females get all irritated when other people single them out because of their gender.

mightylittleone said:
i play ALOT of games.
Not a word, I'm afraid. Not in the sense you mean, anyway, which I assume is "a lot" (note the space), as in a synonym for "many".

mightylittleone said:
Are there any others out there?
No. You are the only female gamer in the entire world. How does it feel?

[small]^ Sarcasm ^[/small]

But no, seriously, there are actually quite a few on the forums.

Oh, and welcome to the Escapist.

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
My wife is now a bigger nerd than I am. It's quite adorable, fighting arguing maturely discussing use of our joint steam account.

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
Yeah, there are a good deal of us out there. It's not a big deal. Not on a gaming-centric forum anyway.