Feudal America - A super-power RP in modern day America (Game Thread)

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
One minute Martin was walking around the next minute bullets were ripping through the walls. Everything was torn to shreds, Martin felt an bullet hitting him in his shoulder. He fell and quickly tried to escape the bullets while the screams of the people were all around him. WHY WERE THEY FIRING HERE?! There were only civilians here! Martin manged to get into an almost undamaged room in the back. He quickly went to work and within a couple of seconds the bullet was out and the wound closed fast. Martin looked through the shattered glass door to see the the clinic was damaged he saw bullet holes everywhere. Martin acted fast, most of the people were either unhurt a couple were dead but also about 8 people were hit. Martin shouted everyone to keep pressures on the wound as he healed them as fast as he could.

The blood was flowing all over the floor he stitched up as many as he could. 5 made it.. 3 didn't after an quick count 8 had died in this brutal attack. Martin felt anger rising whoever had done this would pay. He commanded the people to get in the back the security team helped the wounded. Martin looked at the fight between the 2n, Martin grabbed his pistol as he took shelter behind an wall. He hid himself and looked at the man, he was unsure of his ability but a bullet would kill most people.

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Fromanzio had been observing and gasped when he saw on the third floor, a series of blockages and barriers that seemingly were protecting someone. Miriam was there and maybe he could reach her before everyone else! He chuckled a bit and took his cue to burst in the scene.

I swear, we are going to die here.

What? We are just getting the most important and treasured member of the defense force to a kingdom that has ruled Florida for as long as we can remember.

You do realize that most of our memory is only of-

Yes the past week. Shut up.

The carnage was evident all around him. The entrance was clear and the only people still around were dead or about to be soon. A hand rose up and seemed to be begging for help. Fromanzio watched it slump down and wither like the regime was.

Okay, forget the kid! The new plan is to kidnap Miriam and torture her!

She can beg for help from anyone, not like-

We are going to blindfold her and you are going to keep busy attempting to block any control she might have over us. Then I get to have my...jollies.

You sadistic bastard.

The most.

Fromanzio flew up and broke into the second story windows. The fighting was taking place on the first floor mainly and anyone coming would be reinforcements. His guns were loaded and he began scanning from room to room, opening doors and killing everyone he saw. Bullets were flying and hiding civilians were screaming as the mafia's guns ripped into them. Bullets were never a concern as most of the guards were using similar weapons with the same ammo cartridges. Thank this great nation for standardized weapon systems.

As he reached the stairs, life seemed surprisingly voided and gone unlike the now mostly dead second floor. The fighting, or more of a massacre was still taking place on the first floor, but guards were starting to head up to attempt to save who they could. Each door Fromanzio opened was empty and when he found a bolted one, he giggled. "Miriammmm we found youuuuu." Fromanzio unloaded both of his remaining bullets on the door, aiming a few at the locking mechanism.

Ganath

Jan 24, 2011
Matthew's pain was slowly fading. At least he wasn't bleeding as bad anymore. His shoulder was still flayed and he felt numb all over. His rib also ached, which made standing up a pain, but he did it anyways, the staircase was no permanent shelter. He had made a mistake. At least, he thinks he had made one. The man who he wanted to kill had not been with the Mcneils. The fact that Henry had tried to shoot him to death had proven this more or less. The predator within had recoiled. He did not wish to hunt anymore, he just wanted to survive. Though Aiken was still hurt, at least he could cling to his humanity for now.

He stayed on his feet, taking a deep breath and he pulled down his sleeves over his claws again. It was a pointless gesture. The bullet holes in his clothing revealed the green scales beneath. Aiken would go for the building. The man with the gun could fly, but his aim did not seem all that accurate. He doubted he would stray off the roof either. It was empty now. A good place to shoot at the commotion beneath if anything. He still didn't know what was happening in those alleyways, but he'd find out sooner or later. For now, he wanted to find his former prey, not to kill him though, but to speak to him. Matthew had questions. But they would not be violent. He felt a pang of guilt for throwing himself at a person so recklessly. He would never have thought in such ways if it wasn't for his affliction. It was indeed a far cry from the accountant he had once been.

He took his time, letting the pain ease a bit more as he grew tense. He was in control now. No instincts would throw him off. He darted out of the cover of the iron staircase, heading around the building. His gaze remained focused forward, not on the roof. The speed at which he moved was impressive as ever, it only took half a lap before he found the door, twisting violently out of hi stride and ripping it open. He stepped into what appeared to be some kind of reception. An office building, perhaps? Aiken took a deep breath and calmed himself. He wasn't going to appear aggressive, anything but aggressive he thought to himself. Stepping towards the stairs, he made his way to the second floor calmly, suppressing the ache he felt in his protesting bone.

Matthew called out, a coarse, worn voice, tinged with pain.

"You're not with the Mcneils are you? Why are you here? Do you intend to bring them down?"

He didn't have line of sight yet, but maybe they'd hear him. It was a stupid gambit, but the man who had been on the roof had nothing on him in melee, he was certain of that, though he'd rather avoid a confrontation. With the beast suppressed, Aiken did not feel up to the task of murdering anyone ever again and the thought of it caused bile to gather in his throat. He was pretty certain this was the right building. Matthew had heard the man yell, he was also aware of the loud crash through a set of windows. But now, that awareness was dulled and it worried him a little.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Charles cursed under his breath as every energy bullet missed their target. Before he could fire another volley, the super human was upon him. Charles was lifted up in the air, completely at the man's mercy.

"Ye fucking soldier gonna end today"

"Eh buddy. Do I look like a soldier to you? I am a super hero. And you shall show me some proper respect."

George completely ignored Chucky's rant as he flew him towards the hospital. He could see smoke raising from the building. On the ground, various fights were breaking out around town. Chuck was being taken to the epicenter of the battle. This was the last place he wanted to be.

"I do enjoy the nice view you're giving me and all, but I still have some looting to do, and you are not helping my cause. Now are you going to put me down, are am I going to have to make this turn ugly?"

George gave Chuck exactly what he asked for. The would be hero was now descending to his death.

Well this is just unfortunate. I do kind of wish I had finished building that jetback. Though maybe...AH!

Chucky quickly twisted the dial on his left hand. Mere seconds before he would hit the ground, a large purple shield took most of the force and broke apart the concrete. Viral was sent rolling backwards like a hamster in ball, and ended up crashing into the wall of the hospital. The shield wet down, and Chucky's face hit the pavement hard.

"Oww...Well at least I had fun."

Chucky surveyed the area. Noticing all the armed conflict breaking out, he ran to the back of the hospital knelt down for a breather.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
'My power, I'm not using my power, I'm vulnerable.' James could feel his hand, the white hot feeling of pain running through it. Another fist came at him, one he dodged. James moved in a blur, raining blows upon Jenna McNeil. He avoided using his injured hand, instead preferring to use his elbows and forearms to strike.

Nothing happened, no strike, no matter how fast and powerful could seem to faze her. Her own attacks were difficult to dodge, she was strong, yet precise. Few could claim to possess both qualities.

Sometimes all the speed in the world will do nothing against one very determined woman. James suddenly felt himself be grabbed by strong hands and thrown down the street. Hitting the ground hard and skidding across the road until he was about 10 metres away from Jenna.

James' arms felt as if they were burning, he felt stabbing pains he was sure meant a rib or two had been broken. He feel the right side of his face and the back of his neck stinging where they had scraped with the road. Gently raising a hand to his cheek he could see blood. He could taste it too. Attacking Jenna had not worked. Everything he had struck her with felt bruised and broken, he was bleeding somewhere on his face and some ribs were broken.

This was turning out to be a really bad day.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Miriammmm we found youuuuu."

"and i, you, Clown" Lenneth said from down the hall, her shirt had holes from knife and gun shot wounds, though she looked unharmed, her snow white skin, and outfit was covered in blood even dripping off her hand, she was in full 'at work' mode, her expression was cold and emotionless even as drenched as she was

she immediately opened fire on him with a gun she stole from a now dead rioter untill the clip was empty, then with out even waiting to see if he was down, reared back and fired a shot gun like blast of negative energy that fill the hall way leaving no open place to hide

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Fromanzio heard a voice and saw a gun. He did not register who it was but he immediately moved into action. The gun she had was a pistol and Fromanzio jumped far to the left and flew back. This caused the bullets to miss and Fromanizio reloaded his machine guns. As he landed he finally saw who it was. The lady who gave him a seat at the hospital.

Fromanzio quickly scanned his surroundings as a ball of some energy; he could not tell of what kind, was forming and about to hit him. He spotted a window and flew as fast as he could out of it, firing a few shots down the hallway as he retreated. The energy ball absorbed the bullets however and collided with the wall, sending chunks of it flying. Fromanzio and Luneth were able to easily see each other now. He waited to see her next move.

"If this is about the bullet wound, the person who caused it is right there. Like, right there. It seems that does not interest you at this moment. Conflicting goals are the best goals."

Oh man, we are so getting killed.

Nah, I just need her in the open is all. She can't fly so it hardly matters. Energy balls are just big bullets right?

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"If this is about the bullet wound, the person who caused it is right there. Like, right there. It seems that does not interest you at this moment. Conflicting goals are the best goals."

"don't worry, this isn't about the bullet wound, for you its much, MUCH worse, I'm on the clock, i have a 'no survivors' policy while i'm at work you see, sides" she said as she stuck to cover, sending her energy though the shadows and to the shadows in the bit of cover "Miriam wouldn't shot me, she's not that direct" she said as energy bolts shot out of the shadows at him.

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Fromanzio had been paying attention to all of his surroundings. It appeared he was being underestimated, which while unfortunate for her, would lead to his victory. Shadows don't move that way and Fromanzio caught on it quickly, the ball that shot up might as well have never existed for Fromanzio dodged it with ease.

"Tsk, if you play like that then we are just going to have to take those toys away!"

Fromanzio decided it was time to counter attack, he flew at ludicrous speeds at the wall, slowing down and firing about five shots from his guns in wild directions before he saw Luneth. He then began firing directly at her before flinging himself back into the skies. This time a little higher in case she tried anything funny.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Sarah continued her reckless charge across the road and towards the person who had opened fire on the clinic. Finally, the shooting stopped, giving her a chance to look up and see who it was she was aiming to collide with. Staring directly in front of her, at the place she had been shot at from until just a second ago, she saw... nothing.

"Huh?"

She continued running, but her target simply wasn't there. Instead of charging into him, she crashed through the wall of the apartment building opposite the clinic, and collapsed into the resulting heap of rubble on the other side. Now her mind was racing, but she couldn't make sense of what had happened at all.

Sarah was certain that she hadn't imagined the attack, and she had seen the bullets flying towards her from across the street, but when she had reached their source there had been nothing there. The attacker must have used some kind of power, but exactly what she wasn't certain. None of the McNeils could do anything like that, so it had to have been someone from outside the town, or a newly awakened person like herself...

She pushed a chunk of the wall off her leg, and then tried to get up. Her powers had protected her from most of the damage, but not that first shot which had caught her totally by surprise in the clinic. Her left arm was covered in blood from the wound, and as soon as she tried to use it to pick herself back up all the pain the adrenalin had been suppressing came back to her at once.

This was all too much for her. The scene she had witnessed in the clinic was replaying over and over again in her mind, pushing her to the edge of sanity. Shaking profusely, she called out to the person who had caused it all.

"WHY!? Why have you done this!?"

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Lenneth had expected this, she wanted him out of cover, so when he flew by shooting at her all he hit was her barrier. she felt that, and had to take a few deep breaths to recover 'k, he's probably waiting for me to chase him' she thought

'and i've been at this long enough i'm gonna run out of steam before i finish him, new plan' she though as she ran back to the last group of rioters she slew and liberated them of their side arms and any extra ammo 'time to start playing my game' as she headed for the far window from the one Fromanzio went threw it and flew up and into the clouds at a speed one would not think possible with wings like hers

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Gavin slowly opened his eyes only to recoil a few seconds later. Whatever had been in that canister had fucked up his eyes. Once again, Gavin slowly opened his eyes, slightly shielding them from the day light. What the fuck had happened? Why the hell was he alive? Where the hell was Dan? There were still gunshots and screaming echoing around him throughout the McNeil Palace. His eyes finally adjusted and Gavin finally got a chance to see the scene around him. Gavin hunched over, grabbing his stomach and covering his mouth. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. They'd been sliced up...all of them. Every women and child, cut up. Sliced in a number of ways, splattered against the wall, and lying there in a gruesome pile with blood seeping out from under it. Gavin turned away, sickened, not simply because of their deaths but because the cuts looked so perfect, so "clean."

"Jesus fucking Christ..." As Gavin turned, he saw Dan, sitting against a wall with his eyes wide open and holding the canister with what remained his right arm. He was missing left arm while his right was riddled with smaller cuts. Both his legs were sliced off, lying in two different corners of the room. His head and chest were the most particular gruesome and confusing. The top of his head had been peeled back and his brain was exposed, a number of large slices taken from it. There was a triangular hole where his heart should be.

"Sorry about the family, Dan..." He said, noting the look of shock and agony on his face, his body staring at the mutilated corpses. Gavin then looked around the room, realizing the walls had cuts in them two. "Wait, why am I still here." He cautiously removed the canister from Dan's grip, slightly weaker in death than it had been in life. "And what the hell is this?" He said, inspecting it.

Gavin looked it over but eventually realized what it was. It was a regular old flashbang. Improvised, but still a flashbang. How the hell could it have caused all this and leave him unscathed? Gavin looked over toward the wall where the flashbang had been through through a hole. The mishapen hole Dan had jumped through was still there, but floor level was a perfectly cut square. It didn't make sense. So a group of rioters had tossed a flashbang through Dan's hole and then cut their own hole with power tools? When could they have-

"Wait a minute, how long was I knocked out? And-and why didn't I hear anything?!" Gavin was seriously beginning to panic. He clutched his chest and felt something strange on his vest. there was a thick cut moving across it. Nothing fancy, not a shape, no immediate significance, just a cut moving from left to right. Gavin ran his finger along the line. Why did it feel so familiar?

"Oh God...no, no, no fucking way!" Gavin yelled jumping backwards and falling through the block on concrete Dan had used to covered the door. There was another perfect set of slices through the concrete. He scrambled away from the room. It had to have been another superhuman, no doubt in his mind, but the cuts...no, there was no way it could them.

Gavin heard a number of children scream in the room below him. He had to get down, had to make up for...something! He saw a large statue and reduced it's gravity. He then let gravity take hold and the statue fell, cracking the floor. He did this again, and again, and again, until he finally felt the floor give out beneath him and he saw himself landing in front of a firing squad, what remained of the McNeil's behind him in pain. The statue was floating a few feet off the ground beside him. The firing squad was hastily reloading.

"Okay you fuckers, let's see who can shoot the fastest." Gavin said, grabbing the statue and throwing it at the firing squad of rioters.

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Fromanzio shrugged. "Bye then."

He waltzed back into the house and opened the door he had shot at. The carnage was pretty absolute aside from Miriam and her barrier. She looked visibly worried but Fromanzio was unable to kill her at this point, but perhaps if a few more came he could.

Aren't you going to chase her?

Not worth the effort. She is no real threat and is obviously trying to trap me. If that was her top speed then we can get away if needed. Fromanzio kicked at the barrier and back out the door. One of the guards rushed at him with a club but Fromanzio simply shot him in the face and grabbed the wooden blunt object.

The rioters were starting to surround the main room at this point, Fromanzio having cleared the second floor for them and the enemy supers having fled. Fromanzio ran around into differing corridors waiting for Luneth to blast back in.

PlastikBulb

Mar 21, 2012
It had barely been a minute after Warren had finished his meal, and his anger was dying. The men were dead, feeding the plants that had taken root at his whim, flourishing on the nutritious flesh and blood that he fed them. There were no more threats to his flowers. Nothing immediate anyway. Slowly, the presence that had made its home at the forefront of his mind receded, until Warren was once again a man. Albeit a 9ft tall plant thing. But still a man.

He took a few steps back from the garden that new grew before him, and appraised it with professional eyes. Not bad really, the grasses were too long really, and the placement could do with some work, but overall, it looked-

Something collided with the back of his legs, and spun off. Warren toppled like a felled tree and landed in his garden. He groaned as the wounds that he had suffered stretched and pulled at his torso, making the effort of getting to his feet a much more painful ordeal that it should be, especially considering he hadn?t really felt much in terms of physical sensations since he?d woken up in the sewer.

He glanced around to find the cause of his discomfort and saw a bloodied and broken looking man staring back down the alleyway, his eyes wide with pain and fear. Warren to a step to help him, then realised what he looked like, and backed off. Best to just kill him really. No, wait, what? He should help that man. Like he helped the plants. Or help the plants by killing him. No. Help him. Yes.

Warren?s gaze matched the broken man, and saw the woman who had broken free of him before staring down at another man who looked ready to die. For a brief moment Warren was in conflict. Then he uprooted and charged. These men did not deserve this punishment, just like his plants.

His determination was not as flashy as his anger however, and he consciously had to guide the tendrils and vines to his will, snaring the woman?s ankles and wrists with barbed coils and pulling. His intentions were hardly PG. Warren remembered her shrugging off his strongest vines like they were little more than rice paper, so he decided the best thing to do would be tear off her skin. Whether it would work or not was questionable, considering his current history of killing other apparently superpowered humans, (the mangled corpse of Ben, brains and limbs akimbo, lay against the wall further back, dead, but not by his hand), but he would damn well try.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Lenneth rode the wind currents long enough to figure out he wasn't following and circled back down then got an idea, the McNeil's wouldn't like it, but at this point it was a losing battle anyway, and Lenneth knew it, she figured she'd be buying time for an escape, at best.

so Lenneth decided to do the logical thing at this point make it very clear how far the gap in power between them really was. Lenneth found Fromanzio running threw the halls 'perfect' she thought with a grin and took a few cheap shots at him from out side threw the windows with the hand gun she had, mostly as attention getters albeit ones aimed at his head.

she followed that with a 'Dark Bomb' as she called them, "Catch!!" she yelled and shot it at him, the damage to that side of the building would be catastrophic, but at this point pretty much every in side the palace was an enemy anyway no sense riding the brakes

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Well if you plan on pulling things like THAT out...I guess I just will have to match you on the op scale :D YOU ASKED FO' IT!

Hey is that a giant bomb?

TIME FOR MY TURN

Oh shit-

Fromanzio moved faster than one could blink and was outside of the house. He did not even watch as the blast blew up half the building, instead flashing a few inches behind Luneth and smashing her as hard as he could with the club. The acceleration due to his near immeasurable speed had to make the hit feel like a truck. Then moving at speeds unparalleled meters back and firing a ton of bullets at her.

Fromanzio no longer had the glee in his fight anymore, he simply hung from the air like a rag doll and had his eyes analyzing everywhere at speeds unimaginable. He was not teleporting, rather he was moving so fast that the eye could not comprehend his movement.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
<spoiler=OOC>Guys. Stop the overpowered god-moding. Let TheIronRuler handle it.

Edit: Move'd.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
All Lenneth could do was react after the hit with the club with a barrier that deflected, most the bullets and a defensive curl. a lot still ether got threw or hit her before the shield was up. she missed the rubble pile and hit a near by wall breaking threw that, she looked up in time to see a large part of the second floor fall on her, then darkness, then confusion, she wasn't dead but felt like it.

Lenneth looked around, vision burred from the impact and just pain but couldn't see the McNeil compound, or for that matter anyone else. she took the time to take stock how bad she was hurt, and it wasn't good, she had several chest wounds, what felt like a broken right shoulder and ribs, and the rest where in her arms and legs due to the reflexive curl she did after the hit, it also felt like her wings where broken, not like they would be much use in the state she's in.

she forced her self up and stumble her way to a bus stop she saw and sat down, blink a few times before just leaving her eyes shut as her blood started to pool around her, 'funny, i kinda knew it'd end like this' she thought before passing out, then a sort time later dieing from her injurys

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
Ottis regained some some his senses when he received a kick to the groin and was shoved to a corner. The little girl held tight onto him. Other survivors were shoved towards him. So much shouting, crying and death... Ottis could only pick out a few words. Death to the McNeils seems to the most common thing yelled.

The rioters raised their guns at the huddled mass of broken people. The little girl screamed MOMMY! Gun fire echoed in those bloodstained halls. Ottis clenched his eyes and shielded the girl from the on coming hail of bullets with his body. Only to feel a body land on him. A young 20 something woman with fair skin and fiery orange hair. Her eyes fixated at Ottis... in a broken voice "save her".

THUD
THUD
THUD
The ceiling of the first floor caved in from a very hefty statue. A mysterious guy kinda floated in after it. Ottis wasn't sure if to much blood got in his eyes or brain damage or... what? But Ottis wasn't gonna give up if hope of survival was still here. Ottis staggered next to the man with the girl still in his left arm.
"Okay you fuckers, let's see who can shoot the fastest." Said the mysterious stranger, grabbing the statue and throwing it at the firing squad of rioters.

Ottis looked at this man... " We have to get them to safety. We have to save em"

A rioter pinned under the statue coughing blood; raises his gun. Ottis's reflex proved strong as he blasted a small bolt of lighting at the man. Gunman drops his weapon and proceeded to expire from being crushed. Ottis's eyes meets Gavin's... and as they were about to say something profound that may have changed their lives forever. But, the interruption of intense heat was upon them.

" What the Fuck?"

Another burst of fire shoots out from around the corner clinging to the walls for dear life. Three men in stolen fire fighter's gear and makeshift flamethrowers stroll into sight burning a path of destruction.
"Who ever these guys were they must of been planing for this since day 1."
Obvious this second wave of rioters were just here to murder as many people as they could; as they took their time to cook those still pinned under the statue.

Ottis raised his hand as ready to fire a painful bolt. "Fitting, Listening to my band's song Blitzkrieg... Oh, I sing for Inferno World..... Nice to meetcha...Now, got anything up your sleeve?"

rigabear

Nov 16, 2010
The blow had made the detachment between his mind and body was even more pronounced. While his mind was crystal clear; floating above and perceiving the storms of minds; his body was being less than responsive. The visual inputs his mind was receiving were blurred and it just wouldn't put a hand where he wanted it to. This was less than optimal; he had to get away from this (understandably) psychopathic woman!

As he tried to get his body to respond he heard a crack as James punched the furious woman. This was his opportunity! If she wasn't beaten already this gave him a chance to get away, or some help!

Without looking back he began to crawl away towards the road, towards the Ent and towards the guns lying around. But as he did so he began to feel satisfaction in the mind of the superpowered woman, and what he was fairly certain was fear in the mind of James (as difficult as it was to make out); this was not a good sign. The woman must have been winning the fight! Shit, James could not do this alone and seeing as he'd almost certainly saved John's life so he'd endeavour to do the same in return. This purpose gave his body strength, and his mind was able to pull it to it's feet and propel it further towards the road.

He saw the civilian woman holding the gun. She had managed to get hold of one of the rifles, and proceeded to empty the cartridge, missing wildly with every shot, the sound numbing John's hearing. Realising her failure she stared at John, who understood that in the state she was in and against what they were facing she could be of no help here... And so, as loud as he could he said; "Fucking run!"

In an attempted to pick up the gun, he fell onto it and from the floor he saw the injured civilian man and the woman who were desperately trying to back away from the fight and; his strength slowly returning; he shouted with all the command he could muster, "Get him to the damn clinic! Go!"

As he said that the body of James flew past him. Shit! He had to make a break for some ammo! He sensed the fury of the super woman advance towards him, forcing him to try and run. But he legs gave way and he collapsed into the long grass (that wasn't there before? What on earth?); She was too close for him to get away, and evidently too powerful to fight with an empty gun.
Well that was it then... he turned onto his back and faced the woman, staring into her eyes for the first time as she strode towards him. They say the eyes are windows to the soul and revealing as much as they did it certainly made it easier to navigate the currents of her mind... And by god what rage overwhelmed her mind, and at seeing the object of her hate laying before her there was a madness and sense of victory, hand in hand with images of the pain she would inflict on John.

Steeling his mind and his quickly recovering body he prepared himself; his hands gripped the long grass in anticipation of the pain to come. But even as he held it the grass started to grow again, stronger and thicker than before. What on earth? His mind detected the nearby Ent whose mind was different; faster, less set in stone...

Of course the Ent! He felt the vibrations as the mighty figure charged into the super woman, and roots and vines smashed their way out of the street and assailed her.

Yes! Yes! Filled with new energy he threw himself at the entangled corpse of one of the soldiers and pried a clip from the vines; they offered lazy resistance and seemed much more interested in the body of the soldier - ammo clips were surprisingly absent of nutrients.

He turned to the fight between the Ent and the super woman; she had broken away once before and it was possible the tree would need help; another person(?) he owed his apparently powerless life to. Getting to his feet, he reloaded the rifle. Apparently powerless he mused as the new clip clicked into place.

He saw the Ent's vines tear at her flesh - but fail to break or crack her bones, despite what looked like tremendous force being applied by the roots as they flayed at her skin, and every time her arm or head blocked a lethal root, he felt something in her mind, some hint. He almost had it...

John dropped to one knee and trained his rifle at her. He took a deep breath and waited a moment. A root was crushed by a heavy shin, even as her skin was cut and bruised. It must be something to do with the bones... that would have to do. If the Ent needed help, here was a possibility.

His heart slowly steadying as his mind attempted to abstract and analyse everything; something he'd found considerably easier with his new power; he waited for a clear shot.

As soon as he had one, he would tear open her stomach with hot lead; no bones there... Let's see her walk that off.