Feudal America - A super-power RP in modern day America (Game Thread)

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
"Hey weren't you the guy that was flying around outside crashing into McNeil's?"

Gavin stopped his train of thought as the man he'd seen early spoke to him. Next to him were six others who looked just like him, lowering survivors they'd found on the 2nd floor. They moved in relative unison. Gavin was a bit taken aback by this, still pondering who this guy was, but decided this was a good time to find out.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was me. And you're the guy who ordered the crowd to start throwing stuff at the McNeil's and tackled Dan, getting him off of me...with you and your triplet brothers. Except now there's six of you...you, uh, mind explaining that?" Gavin goaded.

Souldemon8

Elite Member
Nov 30, 2009
"Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was me. And you're the guy who ordered the crowd to start throwing stuff at the McNeil's and tackled Dan, getting him off of me...with you and your triplet brothers. Except now there's six of you...you, uh, mind explaining that?"

The group looked at each other then down at themselves before bursting in a short fit of laughter.

As the noise died down the 1st turned to Gavin wiping a tear from his eye, "Usually the original Darryl is here to explain what exactly is going on but I guess I'll have to fill in for him. We are all copies of the same guy. Regular people would most likely be freaked out by this statement but I have a feeling you two are a little different. Based on the fact that you flew and both of you survived in here for so long I'm guessing your supers, same as us. For a while we thought we were the only ones besides the McNeil's."

"Yeah and I'm pretty glad that we we're wrong. Looks like we weren't the only freaks living in town."

Two of the duplicates extended their hands toward both Gavin and Otis at the same time while one of them spoke,"Nice to meet you guys by the way but enough of our introduction who the hell are you?"

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Gavin took in what "Darryl" or the copy of Darryl was saying. He wasn't too freaked out, in fact he thought it was pretty damn cool. If what he was saying was true, and he had no reason to doubt him, Darryl had been kicking ass and saving survivors, without actually having to be here...except he was. That sounded extremely useful. Perhaps a bit lazy in a cosmic sorta way...or was it hard working, since technically these guys were him? Gavin pushed those questions away, ignoring the obvious paradoxes.

"Uh well I'm...Grav." Ottis raised an eyebrow and gave Gavin a questioning look. Gavin just shrugged. "I'm not a big fan of sharing my actual name...anyway, my friend here is...uh, he actually hasn't told me his name."

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
"...uh, he actually hasn't told me his name."

Ottis shakes all the dupes' hands. He didn't expect others with powers; He really didn't expect replication and gravity control.

He just shook his head "I'm glad you can makes copies of yourself. Cause, for a little bit I thought Octo-mom had competition." He laughs as if it was funny.

"Any ways. You called me Blitzkrieg. It is perfect name for what I can do."

Lifting both hands he has the arc lightning dance between them. Then pointing to his ear piece.

" My entire body converts sound into electricity. Higher the decibel the more crispy I can make things. But, I do have to think about holding the charge... like holding an item. I can do eight other things, but, as soon a i stop holding it... it escapes the easiest way it can. But enough talk... we have a princess in the tower to get to or whatever."

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
"-we have a princess in the tower to get to or whatever." Blitzkrieg reminded them of the message they'd received. Gavin had nearly forgotten about her, too enthralled with Ottis's explanation of his ability. These powers just keep getting stranger and slightly cooler. but sadly, things like the McNeil's happened. And now Miriam. They started walking, looking for the easiest way to the third floor.

"Yeah, that Miriam person...she's probably on the 3rd floor. Though, do you guys think that's a good idea? For all we know, she could be bullshitting us. Plus, she can speak inside our heads. If comics and television taught me anything, it's that you never trust anyone you can hear in your head or can hear you. Because it's NEVER that simple." Gavin warned, remembering an episode of Static Shock where a lonely nerdy girl running for class president turns the entire student body into her own mindless servants.

"Plus, the military would fuck my shit up if they knew I...oh fuck it, they probably already have my ass. I've pretty much gone AWOL, doing whatever the fuck I want, occasionally dropping in whenever I pick up anything interesting on my radio. Only reason they don't question it is probably because they need all the help they can get containing-oh, my mistake, "recruiting" all the supers they can get. Bullshit! And what was that? People disguised as soldiers from another city? Well, that's just fantastic! No, simply great!" He slouched against a wall, frustrated.

"Meanwhile, where the fuck is our military? Thousands just got fucking slaughtered, mind doing something about that? Oh wait, they can't! They're probably too busy because dealing with some random superhuman who just sneezed the wrong way! I can't believe I actually wondered if they needed my help? Oh, and guess who's getting blamed for this bullshit if they ever find out everyone's favorite gravity manipulator happened to be lending a hand?!" Gavin ranted, breathing heavily and sending a statue flying through the roof. Ottis and the Darrlys looked at eachother, a bit alarmed by the sudden outburst.

"Er, sorry about that. Just a bit...stressed. Paranoid. You can never be too careful, people don't seem to let things go nowadays." Gavin explained, putting his hand on his chest and feeling the cut across his vest. He shook a bit, a few bad memories shaking around in his head. He calmed down a bit, standing up and walking down the large hall of the palace, looking for a way to the third floor.

"So...shall we get moving? The princess is waiting."

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
"Well the way I see it. She is probably bullshitting us and the military ...or whoever it is... Ain't filled with guys that has our best interest either. So FUCK em both." Ottis threw both middle fingers into the air.

" I mean Dan McNeil would come down to my pub and complain about her all the time. We assumed he was drunk... cause he be punching himself in the nuts or head butting holes into the building next door. But who knows, now? ... Ain't like she has ever personally fucked with me or my family. So if she wants out of the city... I'll help her. Out the window or into a cab...depends on if she tries to fuck with us."

Ottis stands there as if he is waiting for answer to drop on him. Examining the busted walls in deep thought. He shakes his head freeing his mind of whatever abyss his thoughts sank into. He continues following Gavin.

Mumbling under his breath " Too old for this shit"

Souldemon8

Elite Member
Nov 30, 2009
As the duplicates followed Ottis and Gavin the group began discussing the issues at hand among themselves.

Two duplicates in the back were whispering back and forth to each other, "Why don't we get have a cool handle?"

The duplicates towards the front were a little bit more productive with their statements,"Well if she planned on screwing with us I have a feeling she would have done it already. If she could talk to us in our damn heads I bet she could do a lot more damage if she wanted to. I say we at least give her the benefit of the doubt."

"Plus we already have a guy that can float around like its nothing, a guy that can turn hertz to volts, and a guy that can be as many guy as he wants. It doesn't seem like such a bad idea to add another freak of nature."

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Fromanzio had finally reached the palace and flew through the hole he had already made in the second floor window. The whole city was remarkably quiet now. The main fighting is done and everyone is waiting for the grand finale, Fromanzio would not have them wait any longer for it. He had already grabbed a few walkie talkies from both the military and McNeils on the way to the palace and intended to broadcast this shindig live. He had even put a pier 6 sign in the bank in case she wanted to tell people where she was. Obviously it was a lie but hey, she wouldn't know.

It was then that Fromanzio spotted a few other supers seemingly en-route to his objective. They were powerful enough but they had yet to see him and a few shots correctly could...

Don't even think about it. They don't have to be our enemies.

EEEE! You are back! I-I mean...ohhhhh boyyyyyyy. I thought you were dead!

I am a part of your subconscious. Killing me is impossible now keep us both alive and don't shoot them.

Fine, be that way. Wish you were still dead.

Fromanzio holstered his guns and walked over to attempt to be...friendly. Upon closer inspection, there were multiples of one hero, perhaps that was his power. Aside from him, there were a few others who Fromanzio was unsure of. Still, best to dissuade them now to see if he has to kill a few more supers.

"Hello there, my name is Fromanzio and we would assume you intend to go off and save the Miriam yes? If that is the case, Fromanzio will highly discourage such action. Such actions have been recently leading to a severe case of death, dying and bleeding out on the concrete. Aside from that, saving her would only leave you slaves to her will. So please, stand aside and allow Fromanzio to execute her properly yes?"

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
Ottis eyes dart to the Dupe that said "It doesn't seem like such a bad idea to add another freak of nature." Then back to the clown. Clowns... Ottis never could trust a clown. Not since it was a crazy fan dressed up as a clown tried to kidnap his son Sid; back in 1989. Ottis walked away with two broken hands from not beating the shit out of the clown. That clown was still in a coma before the collapse.

"Hello, Fromanzio. This is Grav, I'm Bilztkrieg, and this is D.."

Ottis already seeing why the need of code names may be necessary. His mind rolls out a name quicker then he expected.

" Well, THEY are the Diesel Brothers"

It dons on him after saying it; that was the cartoon his middle child Joey loved. About a set of triplet junior detectives solving crimes in a steampunk future.

Turning back to Fromanzio "Sounds like you had experience with this, Miriam. What did she do to you? "

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
The strange man in the colorful suit had just casually walked up to the group like it was any other regular day. Gavin just sorta stared at the man, slightly in disbelief. Maybe it was because of how colorful he looked in such a dead place. That slightly disturbed him. But perhaps he wasn't too bad, he looked like a very classy clown...who currently wanted to execute the woman they were going to see. Gavin noticed his holstered guns. So it wasn't a power that could kill someone as efficiently as a gun. That just left...thousands upon thousands of really useful powers at his disposal. Gavin hoped it had nothing to do with illusions or clowns. He really hoped.

"Sounds like you had experience with this, Miriam. What did she do to you?" Ottis asked Fromanzio.

"And why do you want to kill her because of it?" Gavin asked, continuing from Ottis's question.

Souldemon8

Elite Member
Nov 30, 2009
"Well, THEY are the Diesel Brothers"

The dupes looked at each other and shrugged in unison accepting their code name. It wasn't the best of names but it had a certain ring too it. The dupes didn't say anything because their minds were focused on what the hell was standing in front of them. Before and after the collapse the United States was filled with freaks and weirdos but the clown that casually approached them had to be ranked far higher than any other. Though besides the appearance the main thing the dupes found unsettling were the sub machine guns the clown had holstered. Even though Gavin, Ottis and Darryl's dupes outnumbered the guy it didn't seem as if any of them were bulletproof.

The first dupe finally free from his initial thoughts spoke directly towards the clown,"What do you mean exactly by, we will be slaves to her will?"

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
"Sounds like you had experience with this, Miriam. What did she do to you?" Ottis asked Fromanzio.

"And why do you want to kill her because of it?" Gavin asked, continuing from Ottis's question.

Fromanzio had been expectantly bombarded with questions from people who looked a mix of confused, disoriented and stunned that someone like him would even exist. He looked up at the ceiling and debated just flying to her, but since he was still unaware of the other's powers, he figured to appease their curiosity for now.

"Miriam tried to kill us. When we were in the hospital, Fromanzio almost shot himself because of her mind tricks, but he resisted. It was then that he saw what she really was, an abusive using self obsessed megalomaniac and while Fromanzio would normally love to associate with her, she has proven too dangerous. On top of that, we also witnessed her kill her own supers in order to make herself look more defenseless. Most of the carnage here was from Fromanzio attempting to reach her, killing dozens of people, including a few supers she had sent at us to stop poor Fromanzio. We think you could see the remains of one of them splattered across the pavement somewhere if that is your thing!"

Fromanzio laughed a bit but headed towards the stairs. "If you wish to attempt to stop me then so be it, but we really must get going before other...less intelligent supers arrive. There always are a few and at least one of them has to have decided to work with her. Fromanzio shot out the locks to her door a bit ago so come now! She obviously had something to make our bullets do less..."

"What do you mean exactly by, we will be slaves to her will?"

As he was heading towards the stairs, one of the clones asked a question. "Well, she has the sort of "Do what I say or I will make you shoot yourself" kind of tyranny about her. Something Fromanzio can well appreciate, but there isn't room for the both of us in this city. Fromanzio already has a place to bring her, just help him grab her and Fromanzio will help you all when the military comes to start killing us."

Fromanzio had still not forgotten the bullet in his arm. He figured that about one dozen soldiers for every drop of blood he lost would fit the crime. There was going to be a lot of dead soldiers.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Gavin took in his story, honestly not too surprised. Fromanzio's laughter on the other hand was a bit unsettling. Then again, by the sounds of things, he'd had a pretty rough day too. Gavin knew that laugh a bit better than he liked to admit. But during his conversation, it sounded like Fromanzio was slightly commending her for her actions. That wasn't helping Gavin exactly trust this guy. And something didn't add up. What made Fromanzio different? He said tons had been controlled, why wasn't he? Was it his power, whatever that may be? Could you just resist her with enough willpower? And if she had been able to nearly make him kill himself from across town...

"Fromanzio, wait. I'm not too keen on what you're doing, but I'm not too keen on stopping you either. This woman nearly made you kill yourself without even having to be there. And since you're arriving here now, I'll assume you were somewhere pretty far off. Now, with that said, what's gonna happen when you're face-to-face with the woman who just sent messages through...pretty much every superhuman in the city and nearly made you shoot yourself?" Gavin probed, trying to understand Fromanzio's way of thinking.

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
"Fromanzio, wait. I'm not too keen on what you're doing, but I'm not too keen on stopping you either. This woman nearly made you kill yourself without even having to be there. And since you're arriving here now, I'll assume you were somewhere pretty far off. Now, with that said, what's gonna happen when you're face-to-face with the woman who just sent messages through...pretty much every superhuman in the city and nearly made you shoot yourself?"

Fromanzio looked at Gavin and smiled as far as he could. He grabbed the large club he had been storing and pointed to it. "Fromanzio is going to have a little, face to face with Miriam. Heheehe. Also, Fromanzio did not just arrive here, he had personally caused most of the damage here and was merely driven off for a second by a now dead super. Miriam has given up on trying to kill us and instead wants you to do it." Fromanzio's smile faded. "We can get her out of here and make her think she is elsewhere so help Fromanzio knock her out and apprehend her."

Are we really going to be able to? I mean...

Of course! Once she is knocked out we will hit her on the head once...twice maybe three times and then she will be too disoriented to use her powers!

That...is actually a pretty good plan...kudos.

Thanks!

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
With a very uneasy look on his face.

"I don't want her controlling me... or coming back later controlling my loved ones... or whatever the fuck she does."

Raises his hand and lets the electric dance between his fingers. He sighs as he thinks this may be his last day alive. But, he knows he must protect his loved ones, his friends and the city. The sick look turns into a hard determined face.

"...I'm in. Doctor's orders... Electro shock therapy."

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
"...I'm in. Doctor's orders... Electro shock therapy." Ottis said, ready to deal with the situation. Gavin still wasn't too sure about all this.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's take it down a notch, Doc. I'd rather you not use your powers on her in anyway. Lightning strikes have been known to...alter the human mind. I'd rather not see what that would do to someone who can influence other minds." Gavin warned. "And okay, let's say we go through with this then what? What's the great Fromanzio's plan?" Gavin said, more than a bit irked.

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
"...I'm in. Doctor's orders... Electro shock therapy."

Oh, so he can use electricity. That sucks for you.

Why is that?

Because he can literally shock you out of the sky!

Oh yeah...that.

"Ohohoh! Fromanzio likes your style! We need to knock her out first, then Fromanzio can take it over and the rest of you prepare for the next phase. The military has probably decided to kill us all by now seeing as how they shot poor Fromanzio in the arm for no good reason."

As Fromanzio was about to get moving, again another question surfaced. These guys obviously did not trust him much, but who ever did? Besides, it was nice to be talking for a change, instead of indiscriminately killing. Though perhaps a bit of murder over a chat would be nice.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's take it down a notch, Doc. I'd rather you not use your powers on her in anyway. Lightning strikes have been known to...alter the human mind. I'd rather not see what that would do to someone who can influence other minds." Gavin warned. "And okay, let's say we go through with this then what? What's the great Fromanzio's plan?"

Fromanzio chuckled and raised his hand. "While we appreciate the title, it is unnecessary. Though you do have a point, we only need enough electricity to knock her out so if you could be careful about it...we don't want her dead yet...heh. Oh, and the plan! Right well it mostly involves not dying. See, there are a lot of people who want us all dead for some apparent reason and Fromanzio plans to make us not dead. How does that sound?"

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Miriam had already heard the conversation take place between the four supers, well, one of them was in fact six people but she only had to read one mind to understand them all. With her abilities she contemplated speaking with them, but instead thought of planting an idea in their head, on they would think was their own.

'He is too strange... too suspicious... How can we trust him, HIM, a man that killed so many and talks of it like he is proud of his atrocities... Can I really trust this madman? Will I be killing another innocent... just to make him feel good?'

She turned her attention back to 4th avenue and resorted to speaking with the military.

'My name is Dolores... They kidnapped me to replace their old psychic, but I am not as powerful as she was. They won't let me leave, but now the Palace is in chaos and I'm afraid to leave my room. These supers... The McNeil recruited them to their side, you have to stop them, please!'

Miriam laughed as she sat on her chair in her room. Her wrinkly old fingers moved slowly as she loaded her revolver with six bullets, just in case.

Back at 4th avenue, the message hit the military supers. Having already healed both Dirk and Mark, the four decided to move up and see where Manny went to. After hearing muffled cries and gunfire to their left they decided to move up to where the pickup truck went. Dirk held the machine-gun and the others went in, leaving some of their equipment behind on their jeep. They witnessed two men running across the street, one carrying an injured person on his back. Mitchel shouted at them, training his rifle at the one holding another person and signaling Mark to aim at the other one.

"Stop! Who the fuck are you and why shouldn't I kill you RIGHT NOW?"

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Fromanzio started heading up the stairs, the others did not follow, instead looking engaged in thought. Fromanzio seemed confused at this and cocked his head.

What are they doing?

Hell if I know, probably doubting if they should trust you.

Damn. People sure do that a lot.

Wonder why.

Fromanzio spoke up. "Ahem, are we going or would you prefer to attack the walls? Because Fromanzio already kind of covered that bit."

Ganath

Jan 24, 2011
Matthew still stood in the shadows when the message from Miriam hit him. He listened and he seethed. What was she thinking? Weakness is not an excuse. He didn't care. The predatorial instincts welled up strong in him again, and he laughed. He laughed at her vain attempt to save herself even going as far as stepping out of the shadows. He quickly concluded that the others had gotten the same message from Miriam. Aiken's laughter had sounded cruel, but hardily loud which only seemed to add to it's sinister feel. He had let the man with the wounded leave, he had no interest in prey that couldn't fight after all. The thrill was as much part of the euphoria as the killing was.

He looked at the man with the wounded arm, focusing his gaze upon him, but dismissing any motion of murder. It wouldn't be challenging and the ent man probably didn't taste too good. No, he'd leave these people alone. The military was still at large. He should hunt them down. They didn't seem to care who they shot. It would be justified, wouldn't it? He shook his head lightly.

"Lies. She lies. Her mentality reeks of desperation. Someone will kill her and I hope they make it painful. The Mcneils are not deserving of any form of mercy."

Wisps of green poison trailed out of his mouth as he spoke. He remained tense. He'd have to sprint for the military again soon. Aiken's sharp teeth were bared, the scarf long since disgarded, only his claws were really hidden under long sleeves. Bullet holes riddled his clothing, revealing the healthy dark green scales beneath. There was little to stop anyone from noticing his true colours. He realized he'd need to get new clothing again once this all was over.

Eventually, he turned, sprinting for the military.