Feudal America - A super-power RP in modern day America (Game Thread)

rigabear

Nov 16, 2010
As the predator's mind approached Robert's senses sharpened and he forced himself to open his eyes and look into the golden eyes of the man in front of him.

Don't judge a book by it's cover? Weren't those the immortal words that every mother told their son? Sage words, if slightly redundant when you could pick the book up and flick through it. For John it was easy to get past appearances when he wasn't paying any attention to them.

"Ngh.. I'll be fine. You? Not so much at this rate. I think I can patch you up, but this street is far from safe. The other soldiers.. they.. Ugh.. They headed for the clinic. I'm not sure I want to take either of us there."

He smiled as he felt the sincerity as the man offered his help, "Thank you... If you have anything to curb the bleeding, it would be greatly appreciated. But you are right, don't risk taking me to the clinic, those remaining soldiers will be there and the sight of the two of us will no doubt set them off, if they haven't been already."

He paused to try and regulate his breathing while his mind wandered; he sensed a fight brewing at the clinic. That distinctive fearless mind that could only belong to the student had just barrelled onto the scene blazing with indignation and defiance.

"Your regeneration is remarkable... if you have the strength I suspect there are people at the clinic who will need help. And those soldiers... But it is probably best to keep to the shadows..." He coughed, "...something tells me you are good at that. And don't worry about me for the moment; I'll be ok for a little. And if the soldiers didn't scare everyone off, the Ent-man certainly did..." He began to chuckle to himself, but the agony stopped him.

"And I realise I'm asking a lot, but try to keep the woman alive... having her around would certainly help. From her obvious terror, I don't think she is like the others and perhaps she could be persuaded to help the people of this city..." Again he smiled, "Of whom me, you and the Ent-man... Warren; are particularly needy citizens."

Another cough, blood this time.

"John by the way, and thank you."

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
'They are the culprits, Mitchel! I saw as they murdered your dear Manny in cold blood, it was that witch of a woman! Please stop them and save me, I beg of you!', Miriam's voice as Dolores was head echoing through Mitchel mind. This time it was certain, the psychic said so - it was the woman that killed his dear friend.

They did it... they're lying, I'm sure of it!, she planted her idea in his mind even further, knowing he will certainly crack.

"PUT THE GODDAMNED GUN DOWN BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK OF GETTING ANY CLOSER.", another person came from the clinic and shouted at Mitchel.... a clinic, no - they were lying, it had to be! Mitchel was sure of it, Dolores said so!

He raised his gun and aimed it at the woman. He stopped shaking and determination replaced his crushing sense of uncertainty. "WHY, Why did you kill Manny? I heard her say it... I heard Dolores call you the murderer - WHY?", Mitchel shouted at the three, but didn't care for an answer. He shot the woman multiple times, emptying his clip of twelve bullets before realizing what he had done.

At the palace Miriam's weak arms held the heavy revolver tightly and aimed it at the door. Whatever was coming in, it would surely be hit. She knew that three of the new supers had amassed outside - including the crazy clown she tried to kill. Pulling them against each other won't work as she will be caught in the crossfire, and she won't be able to force the clown to end his own life. There were too many people in the flurry of thoughts that was his mind, a fractured personality and a fucked up perspective of the world.

"Fromanzio hopes you lived a full life! Because he is about to end it now!", the clown shouted from outside as he busted the door open. Miriam was sitting next to her desk, her large bed behind her in the center of the room. Her make-up was already on the table, and she had spent some time making herself look pretty in front of the mirror on her table. Oh, she won't see herself ever again, and that was the only time she could spend admiring her aged beauty before her body perishes. She discharged the bullets, the first hitting the door-frame on the right, and the second hitting the lower end of the door. Her hands continued to shake even further, and she had to concentrate more on her sacrifice than killing the deranged clown. Another shot, and she hit the clown in his thigh. The next shot went through the wall and almost carved Gavin a new asshole, but before she could spend the last bullet on Fromanzio she stopped.

"I will see you soon, clown., she said ominously. Just like that, she turned the gun on herself and pulled the trigger.

Back at the clinic, something snapped in Sarah's mind. Another entity had prodded its way inside and was making its nesting space in her head. Something was taking over, and the petite poor girl was loosing. She dropped Manny from her arms and leaned back, her head fully pulled back. Something was wrong, yet it seemed so right for Miriam. She had found her new corpse to play with, but by doing so she had lost any semblance of her older powers. Miriam grinned, knowing fully well that by dumping her older body she became young forever, unable to die or be killed. She moved away from Manny's corpse and began her new life on the run by first running away from the scene.

They don't know...

They will never know.

Ganath

Jan 24, 2011
Matthew stared for a moment longer, letting the headache pass away, now he merely felt sick to his stomach. Wether that was from shredding and biting Mark he wasn't sure, he had little time to dwell upon it. His vision was fine again, so he took a moment to take in his surroundings, realizing that Dirk had been caught up in the Entm.. Warren's wake.

"The other soldier is dealt with, it seems. That eliminates any immediate danger. Don't thank me yet, you're still bleeding... Ahm. Matthew."

Aiken allowed himself to grin lightly, but the teeth on display only managed to make the smile look wicked. Still, his immediate concern was the well being of himself and John. He had little time and quite honestly, didn't really feel like saving more people than that. Aiken did not share John's sense of idealism at all, and that much was obvious even if he were to merely glance into his mind. Still, the clinic might be their only option in the end, he looked in it's direction before asking a not so unrelated question.

"Did the two bullets pass right through you? I'm aware you got shot twice. I'll have to remove any bullets which might be stuck in you before we go any further."

He didn't comment on the healer woman. He couldn't make any promises. The predator did not discriminate and the woman was a thrilling enough concept for prey. That was all that mattered. Still, right now Aiken managed to feel more humane than usual, forcing down the beast with all his mental capacity. He still kept the mild surprise of John's behaviour away from his features. It was a passing thought and hardily important. That the man wasn't all that afraid of him was a good thing, after all. Awareness of the street's sudden safety, he decided to inspect the wounds on John. Removing his hoodie shirt, he ripped the long sleeves off the thing and threw the rest of the shirt aside. Now he had two makeshift bandages.. it would have to do. Underneath, Aiken had only been wearing a T-shirt. Which hardily covered the dark green scales on his arms at all.

Souldemon8

Elite Member
Nov 30, 2009
As soon as the room erupted with the sound of gun fire the dupes dived for the ground hoping that the elderly woman would miss her targets. However after the final bullet found its way through Miriam's chest the dupes stumbled back to their feet. One of the dupes puked at the sight of the corpse as the rest gathered their composure.

"Wow...that was extremely...anti-climatic. Where we the only ones that were actually expecting some long drawn out biblical battle?"

The dupes split up and began searching the entirety of the room. A couple of dupes found themselves going through various dressers and closets searching for any treasures that hid themselves within. The remaining dupes found themselves hovering over Miriam's body. The aged corpse was slathered with makeup in a sad attempt to cover the natural effects of time. The exit wound in her chest continued to spill blood that soaked into the carpeted flooring. The past couple of hours seemed like a nightmare. Everything was spiraling out of control as nothing was playing out like Darryl had planned it to be. Death wasn't a foreign concept to Darryl but the extreme loss of life was taking its toll on him. The first dupe wrestled the revolver from Miriam's hand.

As he looked it over he turned his attention back towards his fellow supers,"Today just feels like its never going to end."

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
"Fromanzio hopes you lived a full life! Because he is about to end it now!"Fromanzio kicked in the door and Gavin was right behind him...before jumping back out as Miriam fired the revolver. She fired wildly, as if unable to accurately aim.

Gavin felt a bullet pass by him, nearly giving him a new asshole. He turned to see Ottis nearly get his brains blown out, the bullet whizzing past his head as he came up the stairs. She finally managed to hit Fromanzio in the thigh, bringing him to a knee. She had a clear shot on Fromanzio and readied herself. He figured she had one shot left and all he had to do was make her miss. Gavin prepared himself but she simply stood there, glaring at Fromanzio. She grinned a bit, not pulling the trigger and not saying a word. "Wait, what the hell is she waiting for-"

"I will see you soon, clown."She lifted the gun towards herself. Gavin jumped forward, attempting to grab the gun, but he wasn't quick enough. She pulled the trigger and sent chunks of herself flying into the back wall. He was speechless. What happened to all that talk of weapons and alliances? There were probably a bunch of supers on their way here only to find a dead person. Or old lady, Gavin thought as he stood over her corpse. He honestly hadn't expected that. Guess he was right, she knew what Fromanzio was planning and decided to die on her own terms.

"Wow...that was extremely...anti-climatic. Were we the only ones that were actually expecting some long drawn out biblical battle?" Gavin didn't respond to the dupe. He really didn't know what he'd been expecting but it certainly wasn't this. He noticed makeup on the drawer and her face. Either she wanted to look good when the supers got here or she hadn't been expecting to leave this room alive. The first dupe made his way into the room and looked at Miriam,taking the revolver out of her hand before turning back to the rest of the group. "Today just feels like its never going to end." Took the words right out of my damn mouth!

"Well Fromanzio, I hope you're satisfied." Gavin said, a bit sour about the situation. "She just saved you a lot of work. Now, I suggest we get the hell out of here before...I don't know, something bad happens." Gavin said, her last words echoing in his head.

She sounded like she knew something they didn't.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Just when things seemed to be calming down, Sarah heard a voice behind her.

"PUT THE GODDAMNED GUN DOWN BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK OF GETTING ANY CLOSER."

Suddenly, the soldier had his weapon raised again. His fear and disbelief had been replaced by anger, and it was directed at her.

"WHY, Why did you kill Manny? I heard her say it... I heard Dolores call you the murderer - WHY?"

Her mouth opened, but she was too shocked to formulate a response. It didn't matter anyway, he wasn't looking for one. Instead he simply opened fire, and Sarah staggered backwards. Her flesh had harmlessly repelled the bullets, but the sheer force of the impacts nonetheless nearly toppled her over.

After a moment of dazed bewilderment, she recovered, and her mass immediately started to increase. Now she ran forwards, planning to smash the soldier clean across the street. The distance was short, and it only took her a couple of seconds to reach him, but it was plenty long enough to build up the force of her movement to dangerous levels.

The distance was closed, and Sarah heard a loud crunch as she collided with the man. A strange sound, and not the one she was expecting. It was not the sound of a massive object bowling away an obstruction in its' path, but the sound of small woman charging into a well trained soldier at full sprinting speed. She felt like she had broken every bone in her body, yet the guy had barely flinched.

Something had gone horribly wrong, but before she could figure out what, she was confronted by a sudden counter attack. Her attempts to dodge or block the blows were useless, as her reflexes were simply not up to the standard required to match him. In moments she found herself stumbling backwards under the weight of his attack, before a strike to the gut sent her falling to the ground, clutching her stomach in agony.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
As Doc Martin had tried to reassure Rico, the gunman had opened fire on the nurse.

She had responded by running full tilt into him.

What.

The soldier then proceeded to beat the snot out of the nurse.

Rico gawped, stunned. No part of his brain was properly processing whatever the hell was going on in front of him.

Finally, something clicked.

Soldier beating up nurse.

Rico started sprinting at the man. The man slugged the nurse in the stomach, knocking her over, gasping. Rico extended his fist and plowed into the soldier. The man stumbled, fell, and rolled up onto his feet, dully surprised. Rico's hand throbbed, pain thrumming up his arm. Not very much pain, but pain. Rico didn't grasp what this meant.

The soldier turned and roared "THAT'S IT! I'LL HIT YOU SO HARD YOUR GRANDMOTHER WILL FEEL IT!"

Rico snarled. "DO IT! DO IT LIKE I DID YOUR MOTHER! I DARE YOU! DO IT!"

The soldier did it.

Rico hit the ground at frankly unreal speed. His shoulder felt like it had been hit by a train. His mind reeled, trying to understand how everything was going wrong.

"I'VE BEEN HIT HARDER BY GIRLS IN UNISEX FOOTBALL!" he lied.

So the soldier did it again.

Yep. Shoulder was definitely broken.

Rico clamped his teeth and kicked wildly at the man's legs, scoring a hit. The man stumbled, and Rico scooted backwards, his arm screaming in pain.

What happened? What happened to my unbreakable self? Why is it failing me now?

The man rushed forward, and Rico kicked at his face. He missed. A fist flashed, and Rico's head nearly broke the pavement. He could see Doc Martin sliding behind cover, and the nurse trying to get up. The man spat in Rico's face. "Got anything to say now, *****?"

Rico breathed in, Lord give him strength. "I only want to ask... does your wife whore herself out for that cheap all the time...?"

THUNK. Rico entered the loving embrace of unconsciousness.

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
Ottis turned his head as he hit the final few steps to say see a bullet hole shape appear in the wall next to Grav's ass. Then in a split second sharp pain and some blood dripping on to his left shoulder. Everything felt as if it had slowed down as his touched where a chunk of his left ear was. With the last gun shot Ottis snapped back into reality.

The first dupe and Ottis close in tow made their way into the room and looked at Miriam, Diesel taking the revolver out of her hand before turning back to the rest of the group. "Today just feels like its never going to end."

"Well Fromanzio, I hope you're satisfied." Gavin said, a bit sour about the situation. "She just saved you a lot of work. Now, I suggest we get the hell out of here before...I don't know, something bad happens."

"Like how the first floor is completely engulfed in flames and the rest of the place may collapse into the pit any second." as almost instinctively going over to Fromanzio and trying to take care of his wound to the best of his limited ability.

"Fromanzio...Guess the army can wait for us to kick their ass, later. I don't trust doctors and hospitals.... but once I get this bullet out I know I can stitch you up. Your choice. Other then that... You can all come over to my place. Recoup and then we can really clean up"

Stop for a seconding looking at the dupes looting

"our city. They're probably others in the city like us. We need allies and not another McNiel fucking dictatorship."

Loots some of the dead woman's jewelry for his wife and the girls if they made it to his home. Then is ready to escape with his teammates.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
The nurse had charged the soldier, Rico had charged the soldier. Both had been defeated, violence didn't seem to be helping here. Besides, as useful as a super speed punch might be, James was in no condition to start fighting.

Instead he stepped into the doorway, hands out in front of him in what he hoped would be a placating manner.

"Stop, we are not your enemies, these people are not your enemies. They are scared, they are threatened. We are no threat to you, let me take these people back inside where they belong. We will let you move along. Just please, let them go and walk away."

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Mitchel had stopped two civilians fro attacking him - no, they weren't civilians. They were combatants. They killed Manny. The two of the new supers laid on the ground, Mitchel stared at his pistol besides him before picking it up and slowly reloading it. He had to end this, and then he and Manny and Sarah could get out of this god forsaken city and have a drink together. Dirk and Mark will be there too... yeah, that will be grand.

Mitchel heard footsteps behind him and saw Sarah running away. His heart dropped as he realized she had given up on Manny and the Tornado team. Dirk and Mark were still around the corner... who knows if they are still alive. The second person was alrady unconsiouns, laying on the road like the dumb-ass he was,and the first woman who Dolores called the murderer laid besides Mitchel.

"You... I shot you, and you're not bleeding. What is this shit... We can into the city to free you and save the people, and what do we get? A fucking tree ent, a predator and you! We never heard of you... Never!", He turned around and saw that Sarah had already left the street.

"Ever since the collapse... this has all gone to shit! Stop lying to me - And tell me, now - before I kill you, what is this?", Mitchel aimed his pistol at Sarah, but then retreated. "No... not you. Him", Mitchel moved his gun to the right and aimed it at the doctor.

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Okay, more bullets in the extremities. This wasn't a fun day. On top of that, Miriam did not even have the kind courtesy to let Fromanzio torture her! He sighed and looked at the ceiling for a moment, hand over his wound. People were talking but he couldn't hear them. He was distracted beyond all measure and just kind of done for the day. The bullet missed the bone and it was a flesh wound overall. It would heal pretty quickly. Fromanzio quickly stopped the bleeding. He looked at the body of Miriam and was full of contempt before laughing maniacally. He kept this going for a few seconds before pulling his guns out and shooting her head until it was nothing but paste. It cost a lot of bullets but he was beyond caring at this point. He jumped on her now essentially headless corpse and screamed at the top of his lungs. "This is what you get! Never mess with Fromanzio or threaten us! Are you happy now? Are you happy now!?"

The room became quiet. Nobody said anything but Fromanzio remembered something about leaving. "You have a place sparky? That might be best. She has some trap lined up. She has to."

She does?

Not now.

No, you have brought us here, why is it that she has to have a trap laid out?

I don't know, she is the kind of person who would blow up the whole mansion to spite those who kill her.

"To let all of you know, we can fly. That is Fromanzio's power. He also has a stash of guns. We might need them. Fromanzio recommends we get those and then go to a safe place to hide."

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Ottis's comment about hospitals slightly bothered Gavin, perhaps due to the fact he felt like he needed twenty of them. But in retrospect, after a day like this, every hospital and clinic in the city probably overflowing with patients and horror stories. He could barely imagine what the occupants were dealing with. It was probably better to take care of any injuries themselves than waiting in a crowded emergency room and adding to already overloaded workload. After Fromanzio gave his ever-so-sweet final words to Miriam, he turned back to the group.

"To let all of you know, we can fly. That is Fromanzio's power. He also has a stash of guns. We might need them. Fromanzio recommends we get those and then go to a safe place to hide."

Gavin tilted his head a bit. Flight? That was oddly...simple. It kinda made sense and backed up Fromanzio's Cirque-du-Soliel persona, but it still seemed oddly simple and basic for a colorful character such as Fromanzio. All Gavin could do was shrug. Probably one of the most "normal" abilities he'd heard in awhile, straight from the A-list. The weapon stash on the other hand fit him like a glove. Gavin sniffled a bit, smoke beginning to rise from the 1st floor.

"Alright, follow me. There should be a hole from where I rode Dan McNeil through the roof." Gavin said, adjusting his hood slightly. "We'll get out, pick up the main Diesel, and rest at Blitzkrieg's place while checking in on the McNeil's we helped escape." Gavin finished, moving towards the room he'd first landed in. "We'll have to hold off on getting to your weapon stash for a bit, perhaps send a few of Diesel brothers to help you pick them up." He stood under the hole, looking up.

"After that...pray things don't descend into an even deeper level of hell."

rigabear

Nov 16, 2010
"The other soldier is dealt with, it seems. That eliminates any immediate danger. Don't thank me yet, you're still bleeding... Ahm. Matthew."

Matthew's grin was comically sinister; the blood covering the huge, brutal looking teeth practically gleamed in the light. And just above them were those shining golden reptilian eyes set in the deep green of the thick lizard-like scales. John grinned in return, and at the absurdity of the situation.

The predator's mind had practically scoffed at the idea of saving the others at the clinic, evidently he was not a motivated by good intentions as John; and perhaps not unreasonably; look where good intentions had got John.

"Did the two bullets pass right through you? I'm aware you got shot twice. I'll have to remove any bullets which might be stuck in you before we go any further."

"Ok, go ahead. I can't tell you whether or not it went through, but it sure hurts like hell..."

Shots rang out from the clinic.

"Shit, better hurry up, if you can."

Just as John spoke he felt something ominous from the clinic. Around the mind of the female soldier the mist was rising; slowly encircling the hurricane of her psyche. And then like a gunshot the mist erupted from the sea and completely engulfed her mind, shutting it off totally from the world. But it would be impossible to hide changes of that magnitude from John; he could feel the winds of her mind changing dramatically as the mist thickened and began to strangle the young woman's currents of thought; warping and redirecting them. And it was like this that John watched aghast as the old mind was literally reshaped into a new one.

The new satisfaction and glee that replaced the fear gave her away instantly; this was Miriam!

And with such power she could not be allowed to escape. If she had her old powers she would have to be subdued before she killed and manipulated everyone. And how to impart the urgency of catching Sarah without exposing his own powers? But one thing at a time; Matthew had begun to extract the bullets with his sharp, long claws and it was absolutely agonising.

But John grit his teeth and tried to speak, although it came out as a whisper; "Maybe it might be best to go to the clinic, and if you're carrying an injured man it'll certainly make everyone slightly more amenable towards your..." reflexively he yelled in pain as Matthew pulled out a bullet. Surely anyone else would have blacked out by this point, but the detachment between John's mind and body spared him most of the mental trauma.

"...appearance. Although if the soldiers are there, leave me against a wall or something and don't expose yourself... But I'm not sure how you intend to kill that null-soldier?"

He sensed that Sarah (now Miriam) had already begun to move away from the scene, her mind whirling with glee and scheming. "Can you use a gun with those claws?" If not for the pain he would have laughed; "How about sneaking up on him with a large rock?"

Actually that wasn't a bad idea...

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
Both Rico and Sarah charged at the soldier, they were both quickly defeated however. It happened too fast for Martin to be able to do anything, the damned soldier has been watching him the whole time just waiting for an excuse to shoot him. Martin hadn't grabbed his gun yet, but even if he did, the changes of him being able to kill an soldier with it were very small. Nonetheless it was his only change, the soldier didn't know he had an gun. And if he could catch him of guard he would be able to kill him. "You... I shot you, and you're not bleeding. What is this shit... We can into the city to free you and save the people, and what do we get? A fucking tree ent, a predator and you! We never heard of you... Never!" Martin made a note of what the man said, he would be curious to meet these other supers. "Ever since the collapse... this has all gone to shit! Stop lying to me - And tell me, now - before I kill you, what is this?" the soldier aimed his pistol at Sarah. Martin wanted to shout at him to stop, but before he could do that the soldier seemed to change his mind. "No... not you. Him"

The soldier moved his gun to the right and aimed it at Martin. Martin got angry and the adrenaline pumping inside his body made him furious. Martin didn't often lost his cool but when he did he got very dangerous. "You want to know the truth!? I will give it to you! You see those dead children and people lying on the ground over there? Well your little friend there killed them! He grabbed his gun and just started shooting at them all, he killed them all without even stopping, even when he started to hit the children he didn't even flinch! He just kept firing killing more and more unarmed people! If I hadn't been here to patch up the survivors the amount of bodies would have been twice as high. That is what really happened! Your friend massacred all of these people!"

Martin slipped one of his hands under his coat, and quickly pulled out his pistol when the soldier wasn't looking. Martin aimed and fired his gun, not giving the soldier enough time to react. Martin kept firing his gun and he didn't stop until his magazine was empty. The soldier dropped his gun and fell to his knees, he had 5 bullet holes in his chest 2 bullets seemed to have pierced his lungs. The soldier fell forward, still having the same surprised expression on his face. Martin was very relieved as he put his gun away. He walked over to his 2 friends lying on the ground. "Either of you need any medical attention?" Martin asked looking and sounding relieved.

Ganath

Jan 24, 2011
Aiken bandaged the wound in time and helped John stand straight. The bandages were of course, still his two ripped sleeves, but they had to do. He was aware of his claws and tried not to scratch the idealist up anymore than he already was.

"I prefer not to. But you on the other hand, can probably wield a weapon just fine and you're human. That... man. His power is nothing on you. I have an idea, wait here."

And with that, Matthew dashed off towards the torn up body of Mark, he pillaged the shotgun from his corpse, along with some shells from the man, loading the weapon up a bit clumsily. Truth to be told, he knew very little about weapons. But all John would have to do is aim it at Mitchel and fire. The shotgun would tear the man a new one. Aiken would just have to distract the soldiers long enough for him to pull it off and get close enough. He moved towards John, shotgun in hand.

"Before you say anything. Yes. We will kill that man. You might not feel comfortable with it, but this is the point we've reached. Either you wield the shotgun or I will. Eitherway, he dies."

Matthew did not have the energy to avoid being so direct. It got the point across and that was enough. The predator had retreated, leaving his mostly human mind to calculate how this situation would wrap up. So many soldiers were already dead and he didn't even know about the situation at the Mcneils palace. These soldiers were their enemies and they had to die in order to guarantee his and possibly John's survival. He held the shotgun out to him.

"This isn't a time for wishful thinking anymore. If you ask me, this is too damn merciful for that bastard."

Aiken did not grin again, preparing himself mentally for the next encounter, whatever that might be.

rigabear

Nov 16, 2010
"This isn't a time for wishful thinking anymore. If you ask me, this is too damn merciful for that bastard."

John knew that Matthew could not be dissuaded, and having pulled himself to his feet he took the shotgun. He'd fight when necessary; after all he had put a bullet through Ben's head, but those who lived by the sword died by it, or so went the saying.

He began to limp towards the clinic as Matthew darted off to stalk the clinic from the buildings.

As John approached the corner round which the corner lay, shots rang out and the mind of the soldier was snuffed out. And it was a doctor; his mind screaming concern for his patients and the civilians; who had killed him; a welcome development. Matthew had spotted it too and was leaping down from the roof towards John.

"The doctor killed the man, and the woman has run off. Let's get you to the clinic."

Miriam's escape worried him, but there more urgent matters. Pressing the safety on the shotgun and emptying the chamber John replied; "Fantastic, although can you help me walk? If they see you alone they might have misgivings, but helping an injured man walk?"

The doctor had killed to protect the injured; surely he would see the predator helping a fairly grievously wounded man and see more than a little good.

Matthew nodded, and with John propped up on his shoulders and using the shotgun as a walking stick they arrived at the clinic.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
[HEADING=1]END OF ARC ONE [/HEADING]​

The tornado had hit Palm Bay, but the residents endured the mighty thrust of wind with the help of a group of supers who mysteriously arose from seemingly nowhere. This was only the beginning of the second collapse, and the new supers of the city had no idea what was in store for them.

All across the land, heads arose in rebellion against their former masters. Once oppressed, the plain that were gifted with powers depicted well in their nightmares rose up against the men who terrorized them for so many months. Serfs rose up against their masters and kings were toppled, while anarchy reigned supreme. It was to be the second collapse, the failure of what little had organized in almost six months. Clans destroyed and monarchies established, men of faith raised the dead and sociopaths led their peers into battle. It was the age of a new era ? the end of the old dawn.

After the McNeil clan fell, order had to be restored. The group of supers had to declare themselves rulers ? though none knew who would rule over the city and protect it. The few citizens that remained were fearful ? would the new rulers of the city be worse than the McNeil? What will be their new demands and their new laws? They had to establish a working law and governance ? and a penalty system. With the old one gone, men were no longer afraid of the death sentence that awaited them at the end of each transgression, but now chaos reigned supreme.

The fate of the McNeil clan members who survived remained unclear. Having some of the supers defended them, they thought that the new rulers of the city would show them mercy ? but only time would tell if the city accepts them back. Will they be judged in a twisted court of supposed law, or will justice be delivered by a swift blow to the dead?

The issue of Miriam's deal still stands ? where are the weapons and supplies she talked about? It seems like Vance was the last of the family heads that survived the Tornado with this knowledge, though he refused to reveal it until the safety of his family is secured. Some form of persuasion is required to make the canary sing, but the supers can also grant him his request.

The streets were a mess, with bodies and rabble littering it. Someone had to clean up the place if the city was to ever retain its previous veneer of normality. Along with the rubble were bodies in need of proper burial. With the local Christian cemetery already overrun, the fate of the rotting corpses had to be decided before they bring diseases into the city, and not even the hand of god could grant a miracle to save them of that.

The once great city hall of the city, home to the elected mayor of the apparent democracies of old which had turned into a place of oppression when the McNeil took over stands abandoned at the center of the city. Will it be restored to its ancient greater glory, or will the symbol of oppression be burnt to the ground? Where will the supers call a place home?

The hospital, filled to the brim with injured, sick, dead and undead is one of the city's most valuable gems, though with the addition of a super who could bypass all laws of biology and cure men of their illness, the requirement for such an establishment dwindles. How will the supers re-establish the prominence of the hospital? Will it be free for all or will it cost men their souls? Many other hospitals stand abandoned, lacking the power and crew to operate it. The bothersome problem of the zombies in the basement also haunts one particular member of the group of supers, though one can assume he will have a solution in mind.

The city lays exposed, with the puny gate at the mouth of the entrance to the city and half a dozen blocked off entry points littered with broken cars and rubble providing little protection from the outside world. The supers must decide what should be done to secure the city from outside invaders and regulate who can enter and leave through the city's gates.

They alone must protect the city and its inhabitants, but the stockpile of weapons at their disposal can provide a different opportunity. If they lay their hands on the weapon and supply stashes hidden across the city, the supers can decide to arm some of the city's population and grant them the status of a militia, or if they dare ? an organized military force. Training would be something those under their command will require, and the age old issue of trust will be brought up ? How can they determine which person can be entrusted to a rifle and the authority to preserve their law?

]​

News of the apocalypse travel fast.

Word of the fall of the McNeil clan reach the furthest reaches of Florida, alerting those who had business with the established family. Beads of sweat fall to the hot summer sun as news of more fallen autocracies reach the ears of worried rulers. The end is nigh, and the bearers of the apocalypse are those new supers.

The prophecy was true. A second collapse will come, and after it the third.

And then the world will end.

Those under the protection of the McNeil feared for their lives the moment word got to their ears. The farmlands surrounding Palm Bay, all under the heel of the McNeil shivered in fear for the past week. Local news of supers emerging from the woodworks had lead the farmers to create a union underneath the protection of powerful supers of their own blood. This farmers union covers more than what the McNeil had claimed so far, and now under new management the new supers of the city must decide what they should do with them.

Leading the union are four supers, all of which can fly through the air. The new rulers of Palm Bay can decide to ally themselves with these four puny supers or force them into submission - but of course, a return to the old ways is always possible. With the supers dead, the farmers are helpless and would prove to be a great asset in the upcoming expansion of the city.

Rummaging through the alleys of the city, multiple gangs run through the streets of the city and torment those unfortunate enough to venture to the ends of the city. Where no McNeil had been to before, those desolate places are home to some of the city's toughest gangs. Some are now lead by a super or two; they pose a threat to the city's security and integrity. Will these gangs be dealt with swiftly and disposed of, allowed to join the party or tried in a court of law? Only the rulers of Palm Bay can decide.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
Miles away, the sky was a filthy brown, toned with hues of red, hanging heavily over a city. Rubble littered the streets, remnants of token acts of defiance. Bombed out husks of buildings gave minimal refuge to darting shadows, refugees who were too smart to remain in the intact buildings. Those still had power. That attracted others. They'd be found. They'd be taken.

Taken by their new god.

Motion in the rubble. A boy, not yet a man by any reckoning, huddled deep within an old diner. Still alive, it would have been celebrating its 60th birthday by now. Now it is a husk, providing shelter to one who wishes nothing more than to be left alone.

But he is not alone. He is huddled behind the sodajerk's bar, but on the other side is motion. A deceptively nonthreatening voice, with an affected German accent, called out to him.

"Vhere are you, child?" it asked. "Our Lord high asks only for a moment of your time..."

The boy glanced towards the door. Right there. Just one dash, and he could find a new hiding place. He counted down... Three, two, on--

A hand reached across the counter, grabbing the boy by his hair and dragging him over the countertop. He met the gaze of a strange man, gruff, bearded and bald with a smile missing teeth.

"Come on. You're late for your appointment..."

On the northern side of town, one building remained untouched. A beautiful cathedral, modeled after the Gothic styles of Europe, spires grasping in vain towards the heaven just beyond the choking clouds above. An orange glow emanated from within, and the sound of gentle, ethereal music played. In the main hall, all the pews were gone, the religious symbols torn down and scraped away. This was not the Lord's home. Speakers unseen blasted ominous, booming music for all to hear and enhance the glory of the new god. Where a lectern for the priest once stood, there was now a throne. Smelted of steel, and basking in its-self produced orange light, massive cables coming from its back and jammed into the wall. On it slumped a man. He was white, and not particularly tall, with a youthful appearance like a punk rocker. His wavy hair swept backwards, it and the soul patch on his lower lip strawberry blond in color. A pair of bright silver rings pierced his left eyebrow. His eyes were a pale violet in color, and shimmered with a strange tenacity.

He was digging deeply into a fried chicken thigh at the moment, hungrily gnawing at his meal. The noises he made were numerous and unrefined; he had no cares for human insecurities and manners.

His dress was strange. He wore a suit of paneled armor, contoured to the athletic shape of his body, with a collar halfway up his neck. It was primarily a silver color, with a red lightning bolt slipping from behind, over his left shoulder and down across the middle of his chest, before branching off and wrapping around his waist. A similar bolt pattern went up his back. The palms of his gloves, and the soles of his boots, made of the same iron-sheen armor were also red, with two strips running up the sides of his legs, again in the pattern of lightning, to connect with his waist. And every bit of red on his body glowed brightly.

As he dug into his meal, the doors to his hall swung open, the burly bearded man dragging in the boy and throwing him down on his hands and knees, at the feet of the sitting man. He then bowed himself, in reverence.

"Lord Mercury."

"Really?" asked the man in the glowing suit, barely bothering to swallow his food first. "In the middle of my meal? What do you want?"

"I have... brought you another straggler, mein Lord."

Mercury grunted in admiration, leaning over to examine the boy. He scratched his chin, now vaguely interested. "That so? Found another one... What's yer name, kid?"

The boy was silent, attempting to restrain his sobs. Mercury stood, slowly walking over. He cooed, and in a parental tone said, "Hey, hey, whatsamatter, kid? You scared of the mean ol' god?"

The boy, hesitating, gave a slow nod. Mercury chuckled a bit, smiling warmly as he delivered a swift, brutal kick to the boy's left side. Ribs cracked as he flipped over onto his back, and in the blink of an eye Mercury was straddling him, looking him dead in the eye from less than a foot away.

"Smart thinking. Now tell me your fucking name!"

"J...Joshua!" the boy whimpered, tears openly flowing down the sides of his face, in agony. This seemed to please Mercury, as his harsh expression softened.

"Well, tell me, Joshie..." Mercury whispered, dragging his index finger across the boy's cheek. "Do you prefer shooting, or shoveling?"

Joshua made a small yelp from the uncomfortable situation he was in. "S-sh-shooting?"

A light, almost jovial laugh escaped Mercury's lips as he stood. "Ah-hahaha, that's great! Just great!" he said with a sincerity that was nothing less than disturbing. He returned to his chair, slumping down before pointing at the still bowing servant that had brought Joshua in.

"Herr Doktor! We've got ourselves a new recruit for the militia. Take him to begin 'boot camp', will you?"

The man gave a vicious smile as he roughly made the boy stand, ignoring his cries of pain. "Vith pleasure, Lord Mercury." And with that, he left, dragging away a boy desperately crying for any job but militia. His pleas went unheard, and the door shut behind him.

Mercury, alone once more, set his sights on the chicken he'd left unfinished. He was just picking it up when a shadow shifted to his left. He groaned in agitation, pinching his brow, waiting for the inevitable voice to speak up and say--

"Mercury."

The man on the throne turned to face the other, irritated. "What?"

Two emotionless, glowing white circles for eyes stared back at him from the shadows. "The McNeils are dead."

Mercury's right hand released his chicken and slammed it onto his armrest. "God-DAMN it!" he yelled, with an unfitting grin. He stood, faster than a human likely should, and approached the other man at a slow pace, equivalent to a brisk walk.

"I liked the McNeils. Lots of spunk, ambition!"

"You're confusing ambition and food." the man in the shadows replied. Mercury pondered this for a moment, and snapped his fingers with a light laugh.

"Ha-ha! Hey, you're right. FUCK those guys!" he said with newly dismissive tone. But then he looked back, more serious. "So who did the deed?"

"Upstarts. Nobodies."

"HEY!" Mercury interjected, jabbing a finger straight into the white lens that composed the "eye" of the other man. "Don't forget, Tommy, even gods start out as upstarts and nobodies."

Underneath his cowl, "Tommy's" mouth tugged into a slight frown. It was impossible to see how his eyes corresponded with this. "Of course," he responded sullenly. "how could I ever forget?"

"Exactly." Mercury growled, leaning in. He suddenly shifted to a light coo, caressing the man's face with a gentle sweep of his hand. "So don't underestimate these punks, got it? Send Jonesy and... and Wilbur, how 'bout Wilbur? See if they'll subscribe to the old trade deals."

"And if they don't?" Tom asked as Mercury began waltzing back to his throne.

The god in silver and red gave a light laugh, falling back into his seat and crossing his legs, resting his face on a fist. His grin was almost catlike as he said, "Then we'll kill 'em! And I'll put the corpses in the rec room!"

The emotionless sentinel made no motions to acknowledge this. All he said was, "As you wish." And in a shifting of the shadows, he was gone. Mercury returned to his meal, taking a hungry bite. And with a mouth still full, he began to laugh at the top of his lungs, while the music around him reached its crescendo.

"God, I LOVE this part!"

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008

Dead. All of his enemies were dead. Fromanzio had expelled the voices in his heads for the time being and was free from the tyranny of the Mcneils. Now, all that existed was fun. Endless, boundless fun. The euphoria rushing through Fromanzio's veins was that of mindless slaughter. Because while they may have not gained much information as to where the gun vault laid, it hardly mattered. The pathetic unions and gangs had plenty of guns for Fromanzio to liberate. He had left the other three back at Ottis's apartment and after he ensured they were all going to be safe, he disappeared. That was the second night after the McNeils fell and by then Fromanzio could hardly feel his wounds. Word had gotten to him that he now had influence and that he would be expected to lead in some way. The idea of running the place crossed his mind, but too much effort for too little destruction. For now.

A new problem had arisen however, gangs and farmers were now rampant and well, someone had to pacify them right? On day three, Fromanzio started. A few people were looting the streets but had several automatic weapons and their screams were music in Fromanzio's ears. The clown imposed himself over the last few gang members, weapons liberated and bleeding, they had little else to do but yell for help.

"Oh god, no no no! Get away! What are you, a demon?"

Fromanzio smiled. "Worse." He found a loose rock on the ground and bashed the head of the gangster in before moving on to the remainders.

"So, what would your last words be? Fromanzio expects them to be something like ahhh! Don't! Noooooo! Gargle gargle gargle."

"Puta." Fromanzio could not see the man's face. It was covered in blood, mostly from the now dead friend that laid beside him.

Fromanzio broke out cackling. "Oh? That is it?" His tone changed entirely however in his last sentence to a morbid, monotone droll. "So be it."

Blood was painted on the sides of the buildings, all from one man and their guns now belonged to Fromanzio. He had begun a new stash, far outside the city where none would disturb it. He intended to leave for a time. A small band of the farmers had begun mobilizing. He had seen them from the skies but nobody had reported yet. This meant fun times would be had.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So now began day five. Good lord day five. Fromanzio had used the rest of his day gathering his favorite chemical. Bleach. See, for such a common compound, it really was so versitile in torture. His favorite form being to hang people from a rope over a pool of bleach until they piss themselves and die of poison from the amonia and bleach. This was not his plan though, seeing as how access to bathrooms was limited, no actually he planned to use it for other purposes that day. Fromanzio had scouted out the camp the previous day and saw that they all used the toilet at a hole in the middle of the camp. Seeing as how transportation was limited, the hole was quite large and filled with excrement. The farmers had tried their best to build away from it, but Fromanzio's plans were enough to ruin everyone's day. See, the other thing he had gotten, was a gas mask. Not hard to find, the police stations were empty and SWAT teams used them all the time. Finding one laying around was no challenge and boy was he gonna need it.

The time was eleven thirty PM. All was asleep in the makeshift military town about a hundred miles away from the city hidden in a forest. Women had been brought along to fight and they had one super with them. He had adopted the name of Archon, ironic seeing as what was to happen. His powers were that of fire and boy did he make a show of it. His powers had been awakened fairly recently, in fact only but a few days ago and he was abusing them to every extent. Constantly flaming if he can, he dazzled that of the farmers and soon became the town's leader. For about two days anyway.

Fromanzio had carried with him, an entire bathtub full of Bleach and hovered above his target. He had been using his flight to lift the tub instead of his arms, a trick that served him well. He let the tub fall, glinting in the moonlight and crashing into the hole. People gathered around and were confused, some said something about a meteor but their wonders soon turned to horrors as they all began choking on the fumes. Some tried to run but it was too late. The gas traveled faster than they could run and soon all but Archon found themselves drowning on their own fluids.

Archon's house was on the outskirts and by the time he had reached his people, the gas had begun to fade to non lethal levels, but all were dead. He screamed towards the sky "Whoever has done this shall pay with their lives!"

"That may be a harder task than you think unwise one." The voice was distorted somewhat, a gas mask had muffled his speech. Fromanzio had been behind him, stalking and waiting. He was getting excited now. A fight with a super was never boring.

"You! You did this! Die!" Archon shot a huge wall of flames at Fromanzio in a rage. The fire burned white hot but Fromanzio leaped above it and revealed a pistol with which he shot Archon in the kneecaps with. "Fromanzio hoped you would have spoken more, always sad to end it so soon-" Fromanzio had been cut short by a punch rocketing foward from Archon. He had made a small explosion and punched Fromanzio square in the gut, sending them both flying in the direction towards the center of town.

Fromanzio quickly recovered and backed away. He looked at Archon, who was bleeding in the legs and now almost certain to die of either infection or exhaustion. Those two attacks burned all of his energy and Archon looked at the ground defeated. "I-I don't get it...why? We never attacked you. Why?"

Fromanzio's laugh pierced the night. "You don't get it do you? There is no sense to any of it! Nothing has sense to it now and Fromanzio likes it that way! He killed you and your family because he wanted to!" That was about all there was to it to the clown. He flew away, instead of finishing archon. Archon fired one last shot at the clown as he flew away, but the flame ignited the remainder of the gas and the remainder of Archon's body was tossed a mile north. Burned to a crisp.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fromanzio returned to the apartment for the last two days of his week off, reflecting and gathering more guns for his collection. Duties would call soon and he had his jollies and more. All that remained was ashes. Soon more ashes would compound ashes and make a great ash pile! That was what excited Fromanzio. That was what kept him going.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Gavin finally landed and looked around. There'd been some gang activity in this area within the last few weeks, but once again it was moving to some other rundown part of town. Gavin scoffed to his own thoughts, the whole city was practically a rundown part of town. Most civil services just barely ran and the apparently being under minor military rule wasn't helping much. ending up in a hospital was pretty much a death sentence. Gavin pulled his hoodie back for a bit, revealing a number of bandages and homemade stitches, courtesy of Ottis. The superhero schick had become a bad joke in these parts. No one could look at a comic without groaning, either in pain or annoyance. But Gavin still wanted to believe. He took off his flight goggles and rubbed his eyes, the sun irritating him a bit. He looked towards a few streets and noticed even more greenary taking hold. Gavin thought it was strangely beautiful, yet the truth shook him.

"Where are you, you walking overgrowth?" Gavin muttered, remembering what he'd managed to hear about the "Tree-Ent" that tore through the military and at least three supers. Who was he or she? Why were they doing this? Gavin really hoped it wasn't a Poison Ivy "stop hurting my babies" kinda thing. Gavin pulled his hood back on and slapped on his flight goggles.

He tensed his legs and jumped upwards, flying off into the sky. He could make out a few people looking up from boarded windows and watching him as he left the ground, slightly amazed and scared of the flying man. He wasn't really flying, just jumping really high and then falling with style. From up there, Gavin could see most of the city. Among the dead gray and silver buildings was a whole lot of green. Everyday there was a new problem. Everyday that problem was a someone. And somedays, Gavin was the problem.

[hr]
2 days ago.

Gavin found himself in the last place he'd expected. An execution chair. Or at least it felt like one. The room was dark only the light from a computer monitor shining through. That and the flashlights of five soldiers pointing guns at him. He'd only wanted a few files. That was it. He knew he wasn't apart of the military anymore and didn't want anything to do with it at that point, but they had something he wanted. Information. He'd known for awhile that they were collecting information on superhumans but Gavin wanted to get to those superhumans before anyone else did. Why? He didn't know, a lousy attempt at trying to find more people who didn't want to destroy the world perhaps? Gavin's train of thought was halted as he watched them take aim from behind the computer.

"Uh, identification code 131, Alias: The Condor?" Gavin squeaked, hoping his bluff would work. At some point, those words had meant something but not so much after going awol. Hopefully someone would still think they meant something. "Stand down, men."

Gavin sighed with relief as the soldiers parted and a man strode. He chuckled a bit and stretched his hand to shake Gavin's. Gavin gladly accepted it.

"You floating son of a *****." The general joked. "Here we are, ready to bring in the whole cavalry when it's only bird returning to the nest!" General Ray, one of the few reasons he hadn't immediately dropped out of the air force and military altogether as soon as his grandfathers was murdered and his powers began to develop. He'd actually helped Gavin get a hang on them even though he didn't understand them entirely and hadn't treated him like a weapon or a poster boy. He treated him like a good soldier and a great friend.

"Nice to see you again Mr. Raymond, er, I mean sir!" Though Gavin respected him, he really didn't have time for this. Eventually someone would see through his bluff, remembering that Gavin hadn't reported for weeks and had been at the McNeil Palace "assisting the McNeil's." "Excuse me for being a saint and not wanting to kill children..." Gavin was pulled back as he noticed the general smiling at the computer monitor.

"Have you been naughty little birdy?" The general had always been a little heavy with the bird puns but something felt off. "You know we can't have that, right?"

"No sir, I understand completely and am ready to suffer the consequences of-"

"No, no, no, it's alright." Gavin was confused. "You're not apart of the military anymore, we don't need to reprimand you or any of that. Hell, technically we're not even 'the military' anymore" The General took off his gloves.

"Um, so...no punishment?" Gavin weakly asked. Something was very, very wrong.

"No legal punishment. Nowadays we just sorta...as the kids say, cut that shit off at the source." The General's eyes and hands began to glow, heat coming off his entire body.

"Consider yourself court marshaled!" He yelled, as Gavin jumped to the roof and General Ray fired off a large laser beam, tearing through part of the facility. Gavin could barely believe it. He was a super? Since when? Gavin was nearly singed as he dropped down to retrieve a few papers. He jumped through the hole the General had created and jumped into the night, a laser light show trailing behind him.

"Good luck, bird boy! You're gonna have a lot of shit to deal with, Condor" He cackled. Gavin turned around in mid air and replied the only way he could possibly could.

"It's Grav now!"

[hr]

Gavin could make out Ottis's home and readied himself for a landing. He need to spend some time with an ally in a villainous world. He spotted some more vines and plants creeping around his home too. Something needed to be done. As Gavin watched the plants, he began to wonder. Perhaps it wasn't the plants but something else. There was the supposed witch doctors holding up a hospital. As much as Gavin wanted to deal with that, he needed information and a few more show stoppers.

As he landed on Otti's front porch, he pulled out a ragged pile of printer papers. On them were a list of names with short descriptions and information, slightly damaged and torn but still information. One name caught his attention. Gavin was supposedly the 2nd man capable to saying he went toe-to-toe with Dan McNeil. The first was a man by the name of Rico Jarvis. He'd heard of him and had actually worked with him before, but rarely interacted with him, let alone a number of other supers who weren't Darryl or Ottis. He probably would have to change that habit.