Fez 2 Teaser Reveals Sequel In Development

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Fez 2 Teaser Reveals Sequel In Development

[vimeo=68238416]​
A sequel to the hit platformer Fez has been announced - but just barely.

The stylish 2D platformer Fez was a pretty big hit as indie games go, and so it's not all that terribly surprising that a sequel is on the way. The announcement itself, on the other hand, came as a complete surprise; creator Phil Fish let the news slip with a tweet [https://twitter.com/PHIL_FISH/status/345238123917213697] described the project as "a new collaboration between Polytron and Disasterpiece."

Fish earned himself no small amount of notoriety in early 2012 when he told a crowd at GDC that modern Japanese videogames "suck" and then later review [https://twitter.com/PHIL_FISH/status/176978474634969088]. That a sequel is coming is very good news indeed.

Source: Polytron [http://polytroncorporation.com/announ-cement]

alphamalet

Nov 29, 2011
Still not buying this. I'm sure Fez is a great game, but there are many other great games I can play and will be playing instead; some of the are even from Japan! Imagine that!

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
I think I'll buy FEZ when it's on sale for a dollar on Steam and e-mail Phil Fish just to tell him to enjoy my 66 cents.

Panzervaughn

Jul 19, 2009
Nautrally, theres something hidden in that expanding line, which is actually a flat plane thats spinning. I dont have the time, or patience to attempt to figure out what it is though. Someone get cracking =D

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Wasn't Fez released in a terribly buggy state that made some people unable to actually finish it, or it corrupted their saves? Then they patched it, it was still messed up, and they said fuck it and left it that way because of the ordeal they would need to go through financially to get another patch approved?

Or am I thinking of another game? I'm pretty sure I read ALL of the above on this site's coverage of the game though.

All I know is the game looked awesome, but as it wasn't on PS3 or 3DS I hadn't played it. Also, that the developer said some questionably intelligent things.

Grats on getting a sequel though.

Now, if we ever get a VVVVVV sequel I'd be way more interested.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Panzervaughn said:
Nautrally, theres something hidden in that expanding line, which is actually a flat plane thats spinning. I dont have the time, or patience to attempt to figure out what it is though. Someone get cracking =D
It's times like these when I sit back, relax and have faith in the internet.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, between the patching issues and the twitter comments (thanks for reminding me of that Andy!) I hope this crashes and burns Mr Fish.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Hmmm reading the comments here it would seem I missed something? Why is it people wish for this Fish person to be thrown off a cliff?