Fictional characters you wish you could punch in the face?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Hope from FFXIII.

I will continually profess my hatred towards him just because of how annoying he is, and I'm talking about after his issues with Snow are resolved. And I don't care that he's even a decent medic, I mean, look at him.

How is that face not punchable?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
SlaveNumber23 said:
Wow I'm surprised Joffrey from Game of Thrones isn't on here yet. I wish I could punch Joffrey in the face.
You have to admit, he plays the part extremely well.

OG Loc from GTA San Andreas.

Shia Lebeouf's characters from Bayformers and Indiana Jones.

The cast of Twilight.

Nier (Death Note).

Amy Pond and River Song.

TheBlueRabbit

Ballistic Comedian
Jan 9, 2009
mitchell271 said:
Impossible. No one that dumb can be alive! She was created by SNL writers as a form of satire, right? Right?
That's the problem with her. She's not dumb at all. She's actually quite intelligent. She just happens to be nothing more than a hateful twit. A shock-jock masquerading as a conservative commentator. You know. The bastard child of Howard Stern and Bill O'Reilly.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Barda236 said:
Kekkonen1 said:
Vanille from FF13 -_-
I'll matche your Vanille, and raise you one Tidus from Final Fantasy 10. He is the most annoying, useless character I have ever had the displeasure of playing as. He infuriates me to no end, and every time he says' "This is my story" in that annoying voice of his, I just want to rip out his vocal chords and use them as jump-ropes.
Ugh... That guy's "banter" with Yuna, trying to cheer her up was fucking insufferable. Let's both play jump rope with his vocal chords. Of course, we've gotta run him over with a steamroller too. I seem to have that problem with a lot of modern Final Fantasy characters these days.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
The entire cast of Prometheus. You know what I'm talking about.

Jon Snow was pretty annoying for the first season of Game of Thrones. "Waa waa I didn't get what I wanted"

Barda236 said:
Kekkonen1 said:
Vanille from FF13 -_-
I'll matche your Vanille, and raise you one Tidus from Final Fantasy 10. He is the most annoying, useless character I have ever had the displeasure of playing as. He infuriates me to no end, and every time he says' "This is my story" in that annoying voice of his, I just want to rip out his vocal chords and use them as jump-ropes.
I second Tidus. I'm actually going to play FFX during the summer and see if Tidus has any plot relevance at all that couldn't have been given to some other character, like Auron. It'd be interesting to see FFX remade, but with Tidus entirely taken out and instead have Yuna or Auron as the main character. Hell, even his origin adds only an unnecessary layer of confusion to the story: he's from a dead civilization a 1000 years in the past, which we only see for the first half hour of the game and only because the game has to establish where he comes from. For all the good it does to the plot, they might have as well made him an alien.

Jack whatshisname from Far Cry 1. Hated him, hated the story, hated the game.

Oh, and I'm also surprised that this ***** hasn't made the list yet. Maybe she's just overshadowed by Joffrey in the tv series, but believe me, in "A Feast for Crows" she's even more hatable. If we ever get a season 5 of GoT, she's going to be hated even more than Joffrey.

ShogunGino

Oct 27, 2008
I have always hated Ariel from Little Mermaid. She's a selfish mary sue who causes all the problems in her movie, has them all solved by other people, gets absolutely everything she wants at the end, and didn't earn a single thing of it. I bring up Mary Sue because none of her flaws are meant to be problems to be overcome through character development, there just supposed to be there to make you 'like her more', and if you don't agree with her, well, then you're just like her father, who most definitely has to change to acquiesce his daughters' will.

If she suddenly just showed up in front of me, I would take one long swing at her face. All I need is just one.

I would also punch G1 Starscream very, [b\very[/b] hard if not for the fact that he is large and made of metal. But seriously, I don't why, for a guy who trend-set the 'obvious second-in-command trying to take over his boss' archetype, he sucks so horribly at it. He is absolutely stupid. And, I mean, I already think Transformers is an abominable show, but his stupidity is unbearable, along with his voice, which is completely unbearable. You ever watch a show and wonder why the villain just doesn't kill someone? I've always wondered why Megatron never got rid of the obvious mutineer the first chance he got.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
That one bad guy from the second arc of SAO. Yeah. That guy. Hes just slimy. A slimy, slimy butterfly.

OHOHOH! I forgot! Dusk Taker from Accel World! Hes just plain punchable!

...the writer for both those characters is the same guy. Damn he makes a punchable villain...

I have others, but they are mostly because the characters themselves are just handled very horridly.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
uchytjes said:
Shame he'd probably cheat and dodge it though. Unless you go for him after he stops being a villain but then it probably wouldn't be too satisfying.

OT: Most Shakespeare characters I find insufferable, but rather than list them, I'll just post this:

Also, Hope and Vanille from FF13, Tullea from the Book Dragonsblood (she spends the entire book being an unreasonable b*tch but at the end they try to say that you should forgive her because of a reason. Yeah, no.) and Ollie from Ni No Kuni (yes he is a little kid, but dear god is he annoying).

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I'd answer 'Uchiha Sasuke', but I don't think I care enough about Naruto (either the series or the character) anymore to do so.
Could I bribe Shino to punch him? Or even Naruto and Sakura? That would be more satisfying.

As a kid I used to write fanfiction where I punched Minotaurus from The Egyptian (Sinuhe egyptiläinen in Finnish), one of my all-time favourite books, in the face, among other revenge fantasies.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
MiskWisk said:
uchytjes said:
Shame he'd probably cheat and dodge it though. Unless you go for him after he stops being a villain but then it probably wouldn't be too satisfying.

OT: Most Shakespeare characters I find insufferable, but rather than list them, I'll just post this:

Well I'd assume He'd be restrained. Also, thanks to your little reminder of high school english, I have to say that I'd punch mostly every character in The Great Gatsby. If not because they are rich but because they are so disappointing. My english teacher built up TGG as one of the best books ever, but it was just a bunch of rich people being rich, scandals and all. This meant absolutely jack shit to a high-schooler in the middle of the country where the "rich people" in town are a group of small business owners with ridiculously spoiled kids.

LtWigglesworth

Jan 4, 2012
Joffrey Baratheon. First I'll punch him. Then I'd use his guts as a skipping rope. And have his lungs sun-dried and turned into a little waistcoat.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
As there are two many stupid people in the ACTUAL world to punch - so many that I'd wear out my fists, your fists, and the fists of my whole entire family - there are also far too many characters that irritating, moronic, and hateable. I'm sorry, but I get critical.

Mr C

May 8, 2008
Every one in FF8, especially Squall. I'll add my pitchfork to the Vanille FF13 crowd too.

Lilly from Telltales Walking Dead.

Voldemort and Sauron for being crappy uber villains. They deserved to get beaten.

Dante, especially DMC3 - the more cut-scenes they put in those bloody games the worse off they were. I was looking forward to a change in the reboot...

For the same reasons as Dante, you can add the whooping frat-boy tosspots of Gears of War.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Skyler White from Breaking Bad. Her moral compass points squarely in the direction of "what suits me best and fuck everyone else". Only reason she's still alive is due to Walter's charity.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Treeinthewoods said:
If anybody has been watching The Following they'd probably understand why I have an extremely strong desire to punch Emma straight in her face.

I guess it's a sign that the character is an effective villain but still... I freaking hate that pixie haired little *****.
I'd love to smack just about any of the "followers" in the face, but yeah probably Emma more so. If I was in charge of the interrogations, the police would probably get even less info than they had been but I'd be having a whale of a time! X)

OT: Aside from that, Seymour from FFX. Can I get Sin to punch him in my place? That would be so much more enjoyable to watch.

Oh, and Nina from Code Geass. She deserves an atom bomb in the face.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Abomination said:
Skyler White from Breaking Bad. Her moral compass points squarely in the direction of "what suits me best and fuck everyone else". Only reason she's still alive is due to Walter's charity.
Uh, dude...How exactly do you think WALT'S moral compass works? And anyway, that's not even true. The fifth season showed that she cared more about her children then herself.

Seriously, I find it baffling that people think Skyler is being unreasonable. It's like some people just think "Walt's the main character, and Skyler is making his life harder, so she must be the bad guy!" SHE'S MARRIED. TO A SECRET HOMICIDAL CRIME LORD. And he's basically holding her hostage. The unreasonable part happened when she DIDN'T just turn him in.

Anyway, it's a cliche to say Joffrey, so instead I'll go with...Ashely Williams, Mass Effect. I think she's the absolute worst kind human being. (In my game, anyway) See, I know people hate Tali because she's racist against the Geth, but Ashely's racism is worse for 2 reasons:
1. In my game, Tali eventually overcame her Geth-prejudice. Ashely did not. This is the more important reason of the two.
2. Tali's "opinion" is a bit more legitimate because the Geth actually murdered tons of Quarians. That's a pretty tough pill to swallow. Ashely just has a problem with all aliens because....They look funny. (As far as I could tell)

And of course....
She killed Wrex in my game, after I'd successfully talked him down. (or so I thought) He was seconds away from lowering his weapon when BAM! Dead. Maybe she can develop into a better person later, but she didn't get the chance in my game. I nuked her the first chance I got after that. I just wish she hadn't been asking for it.
Seriously, fuck Ashely.