Fictional characters you wish you could punch in the face?

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Robot Number V said:
Abomination said:
Skyler White from Breaking Bad. Her moral compass points squarely in the direction of "what suits me best and fuck everyone else". Only reason she's still alive is due to Walter's charity.
Uh, dude...How exactly do you think WALT'S moral compass works? And anyway, that's not even true. The fifth season showed that she cared more about her children then herself.
Of course there's the whole cheating thing, running someone else's books, using a third party to extort them to protect herself... while at the same time being nothing but both a real and emotional burden to Walter. She's a hypocrite in her application of morality and frequently makes emotional decisions in situations that require, above all else, a rational mind.

I would hardly call Walter "homicidal" or a "maniac" since the deaths he is directly responsible for are all non-innocents and have direct intentions of destroying his empire.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
harry Potter.
harry Potter all the way!!

He is so lucky, talented, rich, and yet he goes around being so sorry for himself.
I dont understand...

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
Angie7F said:
harry Potter.
harry Potter all the way!!

He is so lucky, talented, rich, and yet he goes around being so sorry for himself.
I dont understand...
Ehh... he spends his entire life up to the first movie being with an abusive family telling him he's worthless. Parents killed. And then just when he's thrust into this wonderful magical world. Everyone tries to kill him. Kid sorta had reasons to be a bit depressed.

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
Robot Number V said:
Abomination said:
Skyler White from Breaking Bad. Her moral compass points squarely in the direction of "what suits me best and fuck everyone else". Only reason she's still alive is due to Walter's charity.
Uh, dude...How exactly do you think WALT'S moral compass works? And anyway, that's not even true. The fifth season showed that she cared more about her children then herself.

Seriously, I find it baffling that people think Skyler is being unreasonable. It's like some people just think "Walt's the main character, and Skyler is making his life harder, so she must be the bad guy!" SHE'S MARRIED. TO A SECRET HOMICIDAL CRIME LORD. And he's basically holding her hostage. The unreasonable part happened when she DIDN'T just turn him in.

Anyway, it's a cliche to say Joffrey, so instead I'll go with...Ashely Williams, Mass Effect. I think she's the absolute worst kind human being. (In my game, anyway) See, I know people hate Tali because she's racist against the Geth, but Ashely's racism is worse for 2 reasons:
1. In my game, Tali eventually overcame her Geth-prejudice. Ashely did not. This is the more important reason of the two.
2. Tali's "opinion" is a bit more legitimate because the Geth actually murdered tons of Quarians. That's a pretty tough pill to swallow. Ashely just has a problem with all aliens because....They look funny. (As far as I could tell)

And of course....
She killed Wrex in my game, after I'd successfully talked him down. (or so I thought) He was seconds away from lowering his weapon when BAM! Dead. Maybe she can develop into a better person later, but she didn't get the chance in my game. I nuked her the first chance I got after that. I just wish she hadn't been asking for it.
Seriously, fuck Ashely.
You see I never got this attitude. Ashely was never anti alien. She just didn't understand them. When it came to actual racists in the game against aliens she always put those bastards down and put them in their place.

kdanielss

May 20, 2009
Writing this I really wanted to say Jar Jar Binks, but then my attention shifted towards Anakin Skywalker and the more I contemplated I wished George Lucas was a fictional character so anyone who hated the Star Wars prequels and the needless changes to the original trilogy could have a go at him.

By the way all you Vanille hates out there, you might want to see this animation I made a few years ago :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WofhuJm8Zc

Socius

Dec 26, 2008

I think I speak on behalf of us all when I say that this little inbred bastard needs a knuckle in the nose.

YazBar

Jun 23, 2010
Misterian said:
Sarah hardly does anything aside from bossing (or trying to boss) all the other characters around, beats the heck out of the Eds even in moments when they did nothing to deserve it, and gets away with it almost every time! She makes Angelica from Rugrats and even D.W from Arthur look like saints.
Ugh, and the way her voice sounds when she's yelling! Fucking pain to behold.

EDIT: I'm in the midst of playing MGS2, and the voice actor for Raiden really rubs me the wrong way, probably because he's voiced by this:

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
piinyouri said:
Most every JRPG protagonist and supporting characters.
Oh yes. Yes times a thousand.

Also, just about everyone from Being Human (either version).
How could anyone hate mitchell? :O

. . .TBH I posted just to say that, as everyone I can think of has already been said.

How about every single person in Fallout 3? Judgemental pricks, I swear. Take one fruit snack that doesn't belong to you and the entire country denounces you as evil. Why I oughta . . .

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Bella Swan, 'nuff said.

...Well... maybe the rest of the cast of Twilight, as well, for obvious reasons.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
viking97 said:
How could anyone hate mitchell? :O
Actually, Mitchell's pretty much the most punchable member of the show. The ONLY rewarding quality of the American series is that Aidan (the American counterpart to Mitchell) is slightly less punchable than Mitchell is.

Accel

Aug 18, 2012
Abomination said:
Robot Number V said:
Abomination said:
Of course there's the whole cheating thing, running someone else's books, using a third party to extort them to protect herself... while at the same time being nothing but both a real and emotional burden to Walter. She's a hypocrite in her application of morality and frequently makes emotional decisions in situations that require, above all else, a rational mind.

I would hardly call Walter "homicidal" or a "maniac" since the deaths he is directly responsible for are all non-innocents and have direct intentions of destroying his empire.
As opposed to Walt
poisoning a child to manipulate Jesse, blowing up some random dude's car for no reason, letting Jesse's girlfriend choke to death on her own vomit, or killing Mike out of nothing but anger

And the whole "cheating" thing was because Walt was, y'know, DEALING METH behind her back.

"blah blah but he's doing it for family!" No. He stopped thinking of his family long ago and he's clearly only doin it now to satisfy his own ego. Skyler's doing what she can out a really shitty situation he placed her in.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Abomination said:
She's doing what she think is the best for her family. But that doesn't help the fact that she's an utter ****.

And as for my choice...
This little fucker.

He's been less of an asshole in season 3, but he's still my most hated fictional character of all time.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Lilly from the Walking Dead. If you've played it, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Jason Fucking Brody... He's a ****, a whole **** and nothing but a ****!

Everything he did and said in that game made me want to hurt him... and hurt him I did! I would deliberately get attacked, get him down to minimal health, just to watch him pull bullets out of himself, bandage himself, fix broken limbs etc...

I would also sometimes kill him for no reason! One of his favourite pasttimes was jumping off of hang gliders without a parachute...! Little twat!

Kekkonen1

Nov 8, 2010
Barda236 said:
Kekkonen1 said:
Vanille from FF13 -_-
I'll matche your Vanille, and raise you one Tidus from Final Fantasy 10. He is the most annoying, useless character I have ever had the displeasure of playing as. He infuriates me to no end, and every time he says' "This is my story" in that annoying voice of his, I just want to rip out his vocal chords and use them as jump-ropes.
Hahaha yeeaah I know what you mean. He is annoying but I've played FFX 5 times and 4 of those times where in Japanese so I've kinda forgotten that horrible dub. Vanille is bloody annoying in all languages though (although her english dub is one of the worst ever. Is she Australian? Brittish? American? Make up your mind!!!)

I'll say this though. At least the character Tidus has SOME redeeming qualities... Vanille has none... Guess I wouldn't mind punching Hope or Snow from FF13 either... I really dont like that game =)

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Accel said:
Abomination said:
Robot Number V said:
Abomination said:

As opposed to Walt
poisoning a child to manipulate Jesse, blowing up some random dude's car for no reason, letting Jesse's girlfriend choke to death on her own vomit, or killing Mike out of nothing but anger

And the whole "cheating" thing was because Walt was, y'know, DEALING METH behind her back.

"blah blah but he's doing it for family!" No. He stopped thinking of his family long ago and he's clearly only doin it now to satisfy his own ego. Skyler's doing what she can out a really shitty situation he placed her in.
I felt it was Skyler's treatment of Walt, as a meek and subdued beta male, that helped mold his change to a more dominant and alpha state, that paralleled his forays into crime. And the whole cheating thing was really because, you know, she wanted to anyway. The 'my husbund has lied to me about meth dealing' as an excuse was convenient, a 'tit for tat', so to speak.

ManaAdvent

Apr 16, 2010
Eh, I don't mind Tidus from FFX and there is some redeeming qualities to him. Though at least he isn't a total Non-Entity like Vaan from FFXII who wants to be a sky pirate but does diddly squat to the story at large especially when Ashe comes into play and doesn't really stand out compared to the rest of the cast.

Though as for a person who needs a huge punch in the jaw would be this guy named Ash:

Well, okay he has been stomped on by Jake, Monty Python style, but still deserves multiple beatings for hurting Marceline's emotions and one of the few unlikeable characters on the show, even if it is intentional.