Fictional characters you wish you could punch in the face?

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
Treeinthewoods said:
If anybody has been watching The Following they'd probably understand why I have an extremely strong desire to punch Emma straight in her face.

I guess it's a sign that the character is an effective villain but still... I freaking hate that pixie haired little *****.
Agreed, I can't stand Emma, especially after what she did in this week's episode, hopefully she gets hers in the finale next week

A good number of characters from the Following just piss me off, there's Claire who has got to be the most stupid character in fiction, anyone of Joe's Followers just rubs me the wrong way and then there's Joe Carroll himself. He's pretty much like Aizen from Bleach if he were human so he's got all his traits, he's smug and condescending and a massive trollas he calls Ryan everytime just to troll him about his evil plan and to get in his head.

There's also Vice President Walden and David Estes from Homeland. the reason being

because then CIA Director Walden along with his lapdog Estes had ordered a drone strike on a primary school, believing it to be terrorist hideout. The strike killed over 30 children, including series antagonist, Abu Nazir's son who was discovered by Brody during his tome in captivity, in the wreckage. Walden and Estes covered up the strike and claimed that the terrorists were lying that the strike hit a school and simply told the world that it was a terrorist hideout which as a result led to the events of Homeland. I hated them so much that I actually wanted Nazir to success

derelict

Oct 25, 2009
Misterian said:
I know almost everyone here has a fictional character they dislike or downright hate, but is there a character you hated so much than you hate so much, that you want to physically harm them the first chance given?

oddly enough, I have only one such character where I have that curiously specific thought;

Sarah, from Ed Edd & Eddy. And good golly, I think those of you who watched this show as often already know what I'm talking about, and if any of you haven't watched the show, let me summarize:

Sarah hardly does anything aside from bossing (or trying to boss) all the other characters around, beats the heck out of the Eds even in moments when they did nothing to deserve it, and gets away with it almost every time! She makes Angelica from Rugrats and even D.W from Arthur look like saints.

If I ever find myself in the universe this show takes place in, I know the first thing I'm gonna do is hijack a semi-truck and crash it straight at Sarah. And if her brother Ed annihilates me for doing so, I'd think to myself that it would be worth it.

Golly I get such violent ideas in mind when I think of her, you're probably reading this and thinking of me as a hypocrite.

But I digress, Do you have any fictional characters you hate enough that you want to physically harm them if at all possible?

EVERY fictional character. Just to see what they'd do. Might not live thru every one of them, but hey, its a fictional world, no? Just respawn.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Winnosh said:
Robot Number V said:
Abomination said:
Skyler White from Breaking Bad. Her moral compass points squarely in the direction of "what suits me best and fuck everyone else". Only reason she's still alive is due to Walter's charity.
Uh, dude...How exactly do you think WALT'S moral compass works? And anyway, that's not even true. The fifth season showed that she cared more about her children then herself.

Seriously, I find it baffling that people think Skyler is being unreasonable. It's like some people just think "Walt's the main character, and Skyler is making his life harder, so she must be the bad guy!" SHE'S MARRIED. TO A SECRET HOMICIDAL CRIME LORD. And he's basically holding her hostage. The unreasonable part happened when she DIDN'T just turn him in.

Anyway, it's a cliche to say Joffrey, so instead I'll go with...Ashely Williams, Mass Effect. I think she's the absolute worst kind human being. (In my game, anyway) See, I know people hate Tali because she's racist against the Geth, but Ashely's racism is worse for 2 reasons:
1. In my game, Tali eventually overcame her Geth-prejudice. Ashely did not. This is the more important reason of the two.
2. Tali's "opinion" is a bit more legitimate because the Geth actually murdered tons of Quarians. That's a pretty tough pill to swallow. Ashely just has a problem with all aliens because....They look funny. (As far as I could tell)

And of course....
She killed Wrex in my game, after I'd successfully talked him down. (or so I thought) He was seconds away from lowering his weapon when BAM! Dead. Maybe she can develop into a better person later, but she didn't get the chance in my game. I nuked her the first chance I got after that. I just wish she hadn't been asking for it.
Seriously, fuck Ashely.
You see I never got this attitude. Ashely was never anti alien. She just didn't understand them. When it came to actual racists in the game against aliens she always put those bastards down and put them in their place.
OK, I'll admit, on the racism spectrum, Ashely was pretty close to the middle. Still, the point is that she didn't TRY to understand aliens. She just ASSUMED Wrex was nothing but a big mound of rage, and made no attempt to see him in any deeper light. (Again, in my game anyway)

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Abomination said:
Robot Number V said:
Abomination said:
Skyler White from Breaking Bad. Her moral compass points squarely in the direction of "what suits me best and fuck everyone else". Only reason she's still alive is due to Walter's charity.
Uh, dude...How exactly do you think WALT'S moral compass works? And anyway, that's not even true. The fifth season showed that she cared more about her children then herself.
Of course there's the whole cheating thing, running someone else's books, using a third party to extort them to protect herself... while at the same time being nothing but both a real and emotional burden to Walter. She's a hypocrite in her application of morality and frequently makes emotional decisions in situations that require, above all else, a rational mind.

I would hardly call Walter "homicidal" or a "maniac" since the deaths he is directly responsible for are all non-innocents and have direct intentions of destroying his empire.
OK, I'll buy the bit about Skyler, she is quite a hypocrite. (Although the cheating was justified, as far as I'm concerned. Walt lied about a hell of lot worse things then that) Still, you CAN'T argue that Walt isn't the bad guy.
First of all, I didn't call him a maniac, I called him a Secret Homicidal Crime Lord. And he is the DEFINITION of "homicidal". He's killed, and he's willing to kill again. That's all you need. And even if it was true that everyone he'd killed was a threat to his empire, it wouldn't matter. All that would prove is that Walt values his empire over human life. That's pretty fucked up in and of itself, but he's killed for even less then that: Mike. If memory serves, Walt shot Mike more or less because Mike hurt his feelings, and he sure as hell wasn't a threat to Walt's empire.

Seriously. Walt is a BAD PERSON. I'm not saying it's some kind of hole in the show, it's intentional. Walt SUPPOSED to be the villain.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Shinji from Neon Gensis Evagelion. Since my dream of seeing Kamina and Simmon doing the whole "Let's See You Grit Those Teeth!!!" will never happen (I will make do of a fanart of it) I will recreate that moment myself!!!

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
No Gary Oak yet? Surprising, since he's a complete douche in both the games AND the anime. Hell...he deserves a quantum singularity to the face. Forget just a punch!

Now to be honest, I was also considering adding Robotnik to this list, but I already did punch him in the face...sorta [http://www.fanfiction.net/s/268885/15/Heroes-of-Arcadia-The-Gamemaster-s-Legacy].

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Probably the celestial dragons from one piece. They're such thoroughly hate-able people that I want to stab them with a rusty fork... Not that I would given the chance, but I would certainly indulge a few sadistic fantasies XD
Yeah, though to be fair, I think it's obvious those guys are the sort of characters that we're supposed to hate. Which is what makes the moments they do get their comeuppance all the more sweeter.

ManaAdvent said:
Eh, I don't mind Tidus from FFX and there is some redeeming qualities to him. Though at least he isn't a total Non-Entity like Vaan from FFXII who wants to be a sky pirate but does diddly squat to the story at large especially when Ashe comes into play and doesn't really stand out compared to the rest of the cast.

Though as for a person who needs a huge punch in the jaw would be this guy named Ash:

Well, okay he has been stomped on by Jake, Monty Python style, but still deserves multiple beatings for hurting Marceline's emotions and one of the few unlikeable characters on the show, even if it is intentional.
I see where you're going with Ash, though personally, out of all the Adventure Time character, I stand among those that think the Earl of Lemongrab is one that deserves most to be squeezed and juiced to death.

This guy is pretty much bratty five-year-old trapped in a grown man's body in the worst sense imaginable, there wasn't a single moment in his debut episode alone that didn't make me wish I could go to the land of Ooo just so I could walk up to that miserable jerk and make lemonade out of him.

though I suspect if hypothetically someone actually did that, the lemonade would taste really sour no matter how much sugar you put in it.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Treeinthewoods said:
If anybody has been watching The Following they'd probably understand why I have an extremely strong desire to punch Emma straight in her face.

I guess it's a sign that the character is an effective villain but still... I freaking hate that pixie haired little *****.
Half the bloody cast deserves a punch in the face from that show.

My first thought went to the techy guy from DE:HR.
Also, since i've been watching pokemon again, ash, definitely ash.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
GamemasterAnthony said:
No Gary Oak yet? Surprising, since he's a complete douche in both the games AND the anime. Hell...he deserves a quantum singularity to the face. Forget just a punch!
Well, to be fair, you pretty much steal the affections and favour of his grandfather, kill his Raticate, and then when he finally achieves his life goal, you sweep it out from under him five minutes later.

And he's ten. :p

Plus apparently when he becomes Viridian gym leader in the Gold/Silver games, he's wised up a bit. Just thought I'd play devil's advocate.

I'm only on season... 2, or 3 of Breaking Bad, I can't remember, but I'mma throw my hat in for Skyler White.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
Might be a touch cliche, but Joffery Baratheon, I mean he's just such a little shit that you wanna crack him in the teeth every other time he speaks. Though I am heartily enjoying watching Margaery Tyrell play the little twit like a freaking harp.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Robot Number V said:
OK, I'll buy the bit about Skyler, she is quite a hypocrite. (Although the cheating was justified, as far as I'm concerned. Walt lied about a hell of lot worse things then that) Still, you CAN'T argue that Walt isn't the bad guy.
Walt is defiantly a villan but 'homicidal' holds the idea that he ENJOYS killing. While he can, does, and will kill again it doesn't mean he does it for the killing's sake.

This isn't about who is the most 'moral' anyway, it's about who you want to punch in the face. Walt's a villain but he's got presence of character and you can respect him. Skyler's an annoying **** and a hypocrite - a combination I can't stand and thus possesses a face that needs a good punching.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Misa Amane from Death Note. Dear God, that girl is annoying. What the fuck was she even in the series for? She just got in the damn way.

Scott Rothman

Feb 2, 2012
Cast of FFX, sans Auron

Vaan from FF12. "I WANNA BE A SKYPIRATE!!!!!!" OH MY GOD SHUT THE HELL UP YOU HORSES ASS

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Edge Maverick from Star Ocean: the Last Hope. Actually most of the cast was annoying, however I wanted to beat him in the face with a spiked bat. I will hug Tidus from FFX if it means I don't have to deal with Edge, he makes Tidus bearable.

unreal51

Nov 13, 2011
This Goddamn ***** , she is the most useless fucking character who almost ALWAYS needs her ass rescuing and when she isn't in need of help she becomes a danger to herself and anyone around her.

yep I'm talking about this *****

Fuckin Rosalind from Lollipop Chainsaw

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Anomen from Baldur's Gate 2. Most punchable face ever. Fact. Just look at this smug bastard.

His personality makes it even worse.

Fuhrlock

Apr 1, 2012
Anders from DA2, but not Anders from Awakening...in fact the difference between them might be the primary reason. It's not that he's the most annoying character, but he became sooo boring and dull to have in your party. So I guess I'm punching him mostly out of frustration for the fact I went into DA2 hoping to see more of the character I liked and instead being utterly dissapointed.

Saladfork

Jul 3, 2011
Well, excluding characters you're supposed to hate (like Myron from fallout 2)...

Video games: The two twits from kingdom hearts whose names I don't remember. One is the player character, the other is one of the antagonists and they both lived on the one island that... something vague happened to.

TV shows: Byron, from season 5 of Babylon 5. I was actually more sympathetic to the Psi Corps than I was to him, which should tell you something if you've ever seen babylon 5.

Literature: Eragon, from... Eragon. If you've ever read the series, I'm sure I don't have to explain why.