Fictional characters you wish you could punch in the face?

Darren Carrigan

Mar 6, 2012
Kitsune Hunter said:
Treeinthewoods said:
If anybody has been watching The Following they'd probably understand why I have an extremely strong desire to punch Emma straight in her face.

I guess it's a sign that the character is an effective villain but still... I freaking hate that pixie haired little *****.
Agreed, I can't stand Emma, especially after what she did in this week's episode, hopefully she gets hers in the finale next week

A good number of characters from the Following just piss me off, there's Claire who has got to be the most stupid character in fiction, anyone of Joe's Followers just rubs me the wrong way and then there's Joe Carroll himself. He's pretty much like Aizen from Bleach if he were human so he's got all his traits, he's smug and condescending and a massive trollas he calls Ryan everytime just to troll him about his evil plan and to get in his head.

There's also Vice President Walden and David Estes from Homeland. the reason being

because then CIA Director Walden along with his lapdog Estes had ordered a drone strike on a primary school, believing it to be terrorist hideout. The strike killed over 30 children, including series antagonist, Abu Nazir's son who was discovered by Brody during his tome in captivity, in the wreckage. Walden and Estes covered up the strike and claimed that the terrorists were lying that the strike hit a school and simply told the world that it was a terrorist hideout which as a result led to the events of Homeland. I hated them so much that I actually wanted Nazir to success
Joe Carroll is awesome BECAUSE he's like a human Aizen. He doesn't have overpowered superpowers, mastery of DNA or lazers. He doesn't have the most OP weapon in the world - Joe Carroll has charisma and brains.

bomber567

Nov 23, 2009
Joffrey has already been named, so Mayori Kurotsuchi from Bleach. The guy is basically the Joseph Mengele of anime, the f***ing bastard.

Zinzinbadio

Dec 21, 2012
Hamlet from Shakespeare's Hamlet during the last scene when he goes on about dying for an entire page I just want to walk up and shut him up with a punch to the face.

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
Asher Lev, from My Name Is Asher Lev. This little *****. What's his central conflict? Does he want to obey the whims of the identity destroying, zenophobic, Hasidic Jewish culture he grew up in or become a pretentious as hell artist, faffing about Europe and whining about expression. His great standards-defying masterpiece is about as edgy as a moist towelette and, when it comes to dealing with his parents, he has the backbone of a wet worm with brittle bone disease. NO MOTHER! I WILL NOT DRINK MY FUCKING ORANGE JUICE! I'M 25!

ManaAdvent

Apr 16, 2010
I would like to add the Cutie Mark Crusaders from MLPFiM because of how annoying they get especially when trying to get their cutie marks and they seem to be nothing more than plot devices while doing so. Doesn't help the fact that we obviously know what their talents are in the episode Showstoppers, but they are still oblivious to them and create a terrible musical number.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
For me, it would be Commander Shepherd. Sure he's guided by your choices, but holly shit, they way he acts when you don't control him is annoying. There is also NO way to create him/her without a punchable face! Ugh...

Also, Duke Edmun in Dragon's Dogma for...well, his little 'plot line' that he has.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
EstrogenicMuscle said:
Funny, I feel just the opposite. I love most JRPG characters.
I'm struggling to think of one I actually like, let alone love.

Well, I like Gilder, Aika and Drachma from Skies of Arcadia.

Ummm...I'm not the most prevalent JRPG player, but still.
JemothSkarii said:
For me, it would be Commander Shepherd. Sure he's guided by your choices, but holly shit, they way he acts when you don't control him is annoying.
One of the things I hate about games with dialogue wheels/trees is when they give you choices that don't match up with the responses. I hear Alpha Protocol was rife with that, but when it happened in ME, I wanted to slap Shep for not acting like she should.

rasputin0009 said:
Jeff Dunham. "But he's a real person!" No one's that punchable in real life. He has to be playing a character.
I believe Jeff Dunham is "based on a true story," because yes, no way is he THAT awful in the real world.

Feb 9, 2011
rasputin0009 said:
All of the Big Bang Theory's characters. I can't stand terrible comedy sitcom writing.
I couldn't really think of anything, but then you mentioned that show. God...I freaking hate that show so much. I toss my vote for the entire cast and crew.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
piinyouri said:
Most every JRPG protagonist and supporting characters.
How could you punch this guy in the face?

What is wrong with you?? :mad:

OT: Hmm. Probably Rikku from FFX and FFX-2. I don't know why, but I can't stand her. And no, her being voiced by Tara Strong does not help.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Luke Fon Fabre, both the real, and especially the replica. I have never seen such a dramatic ass hole in any JRPG that was not an antagonist. Starts of as a MASSIVE ass hole, and then is a suicidal moron.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Gabe Yaden said:
The dog in Fable 2 and 3.
Maybe it's because I have not slept for a bit but I just laughed for like 10 minutes at this.

I'd slap bowser. Bro, She's not into you, move on

Sep 24, 2008
Oh, sure. I'll make some enemies.

Handsome Jack.

Yeah, I know. He's the enemy. And it's so hip to be sociopathic and witty and what not.

I'll state this. I have a problem finishing games. Especially if I love them. It's like closing a chapter, and since I remember most things, I'll never get the surprise back again.

I couldn't wait to rush down Jack's door and thunder down wrath upon his smug little ass. He was nothing but a smarmy, hiding little *****. He was so ineffectual that all he was reduced to was taunts and trying to make you feel bad for doing a fraction of the things that he brags about doing, gleefully.

When the choice to kill him or have an ally kill him came, the sentence wasn't even finished. I pulled the trigger and hoped there was a Devil in that world so he could see me towering over his body as he rocketed to whatever version of hell they had.

The point that his humor started to fade and my hate came along is when I realized that he was like every internet tough guy, or more over the "I love House because he hates everyone and I think he's so clever so I'm going to be that" douche that's taken over the world.

Then Overlook happened. Oppression incenses me. It was just all down hill from there.

ManaAdvent

Apr 16, 2010
Almost forgot to mention the Great and Powerful B*tch Trixie from FiM as well. Reformed or not, she is one of the most annoying and arrogant ponies who serves as a poor rival for Twilight on the show with that Valley Girl accent and speaking in the third person all the d@mn time like she was Bob Dole.

Adept Mechanicus

Oct 14, 2012
Ben Jackson, Dodo Chaplet and Melanie Bush from Doctor Who. Ben the tough-guy Cockney wanker could have worked if he had any sort of growth to his character, like Owen had in Torchwood. But no, his only role in the plot was to punch things and go "I'll save you, Polly!" Dodo could have worked if she had more personality other than "anti-whatever authority it is I'm supposed to be against." She's an 80 year-old man's impression of what the youth of the late 60s were like. She also didn't do much, and she was belligerent as fuck. Mel...god dammit. I swear, her only line was "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!" Susan did this as well, but I can appreciate Susan as an absent presence, a symbol of the Doctor's perpetual midlife crisis that compels him to keep traveling.

Ashley Williams in ME1. She gets better by ME3, but still.

The player character in KOTOR. It doesn't matter what dialog you choose, he still finds a way to be annoying as fuck.

Rosh Penin from Jedi Academy. Combine the pointless stupidity of Jar Jar Binks with the whininess and stupid hair of a JRPG character.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
oddball250 said:
Dumbledoor, Ron, Ginny, Molly, Snape
While I like Dumbledore and Snape, I can see why somebody might wish to hit them.

But why Ginny? She is pretty inoffensive.