Fictional characters you wish you could punch in the face?

Spiritofpower

Aug 29, 2011
Lunar Templar said:
one thing, it was the Earth forces that attacked Orb, not ZAFT, other wise, as you where. I hated that little shit to.
Ah. Been a while since I saw GSD, sorry.

Legion said:
While I like Dumbledore and Snape, I can see why somebody might wish to hit them.

But why Ginny? She is pretty inoffensive.
Dude, leave it alone. He's one of those people from the HP fandom. They don't listen to reason. Because I can basically guarantee that his "reasons" for hating Ginny likely either A) Make no sense, or B) Are "She proved my Harry/Hermione ship non-canon, so she must die!"

Which also doesn't make sense, but whatever.

OT: I have a few more to add:

- Seraph Lamington from Disgaea. I mean, seriously, what the hell, man!? Does Celestia not have a concept of self-defense or something!?
- Every Mary Sue on FF.net. Every. Single. One.
- The entire cast of Twilight. Repeatedly. With a crowbar.
- The Boltons from ASoIaF.

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
Does the internet count?

I like to think that half the people on the 'net are just roleplaying a personality they've created for the express purpose of being someone else. Otherwise why would they post the most obtuse shit imaginable?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Spiritofpower said:
Shinn Asuka from Gundam SEED Destiny.

Oh god where do I start. Firstly? His entire character is literally:

"My sister died in an attack on Orb by ZAFT, along with my family, but my sister is the only one I care about. Clearly, the proper way to respond is to blame Orb for being attacked by enemies with weapons, and not having magic force-fields to stop the bullets and lasers. I will then join ZAFT for no goddamn reason whatsoever, and whenever I open my mouth to spout hateful, emo, childish tripe, everyone else will just let me waltz all over them without even trying to point out how stupid I am acting.

Then, after some time, I meet a hot chick, who, unbeknownst to me, works for my enemy, LOGOS. When she is stuffed into a gigantic, terrifyingly powerful Mobile Armor and begins going on a rampage across several cities, likely killing millions, I decide that, clearly, the proper response is to angst and do nothing. When Kira Yamato, someone who is actually willing to get shit done occasionally, comes in and takes her out, he is clearly in the wrong and I must clearly go on an obsessive revenge-quest over a girl I met ONCE and who was KILLING MILLIONS IN A CONTINENT-WIDE RAMPAGE and then, after a lot of effort, appear to kill him without actually doing so.

Then, when my superior officer, the not-an-asshole Athrun Zala, punches me in the face for my sheer stupidity, he is clearly in the wrong. Then, I will decide to join up with Durandal/whatever his name is, who obviously didn't learn anything from WWII and decides it's an excellent idea to execute someone because the poorly-explained gene computer decided he would do something bad in later life."

Now yes, that's a rather long rant, but notice how Shinn does one thing, and one thing only, throughout the entire plot: Angst, whine, and seek vengeance. That is it. Not only that, no one seems capable or willing to call him out on his BS, so he just gets away with it. I am completely honest when I say that the scene where Athrun punched Shinn is without a doubt one of my favorite scenes in GSD.
Oh how I hate that self cantered whiny little shit. It esp. irritated me when in one of the early episodes he has the gall to lecture Cagali about people talking about stuff they know nothing about as if if they did. He needs to get his foot out of his mouth and his head out of his ass! My absolute favourite scene is when Athrun punches him in face.

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
Andrea and Lorrie on The Walking Dead. They're all round vapid, grating shit-stirrers who did nothing but make things worse for everyone.

bartholen said:
The entire cast of Prometheus. You know what I'm talking about.

Jon Snow was pretty annoying for the first season of Game of Thrones. "Waa waa I didn't get what I wanted"
I'd argue that he's fairly punchable in the second season too. Between that random-ass, needless outburst of him saying "I'm not a southerner," and the whole Ygritte thing, he did some pretty damn stupid shit. Might be tolerable this season though.

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
Tessa from Full Metal Panic!....Grraaagh i hate this bloody *****. Her voice, her clumsy/dimwitted attitude and the fact that she's the commander of an anti terrorist organisation makes my brain melt into mush.

The Limited Edition Useless Character Footstool! Available While Stocks Last!

Kaname from the same series was a close runner up but she redeemed herself in Fumoffu (Where her characteristics worked better)

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Spiritofpower said:
And Shinji Ikari from Evangelion. I know he's got problems, and his attitude is understandable, but my god his whinging and crying got annoying. Also Asuka, for similar reasons.

Actually, screw it, the entire freaking cast of Evangelion. Except Kaji, he wasn't so bad. Everyone else gets a good right hook to the face, and hopefully I'll be able to channel Simon and Kamina well enough to give a sufficiently Hot-Blooded and badass speech to fix their various psychological issues.
lechat said:
naruto
i could see myself liking that show but when you hate the main character it's just not meant to be
<--------T_T
If you went through what those characters went through you'd break within a second,yet you dare Criticize our lord and saviour's you must Repent REPENT FOR YOUR SIN'S

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Father Time said:
Nick Snover said:
Lisa from the simpsons... need I say more?

I want to see an episode where she meets her past self that actually acted like an 8 year old. I'd imagine old Lisa would say she's no fun.
I'd watch that episode. Who do we annoy to make it happen?

cthulhuspawn82

Oct 16, 2011
Darcy from the Thor movie. Not even Jar Jar Binks could pull off the "one character ruins move" move as well as she did. Even as a huge comic fan, Thor especially, I am thinking of skipping the second movie just because she is in it.

All her jokes are stupid, she's stupid, her face is stupid, and I want to punch it. I also want to punch Natalie Portman's character for turning a big part of the movie into a chick flick romance, but if I can only punch one character, I know who its going to be.

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
Sheriff John Bunnell!

No one who looks that fake can be real, right? I've wanted to punch that guy in the face since I was about 8 years old. His cheesy fake looks, his annoying voice, his stupid teeth, his awful acting and his terrible one liners. grrrrrr

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Probably the celestial dragons from one piece. They're such thoroughly hate-able people that I want to stab them with a rusty fork... Not that I would given the chance, but I would certainly indulge a few sadistic fantasies XD
Careful on that. Oda has the nasty habit of introducing a enemy you can only love to hate then redeems them or gives painful bad story to why they are like that. Arlong, Crocodile, Buggy, Jesus he's even started redeeming Bellamy in to a not so douchie guy in the mangas.

I'd want to punch Akinu myself. I doubt he could ever be redeemed. Though punching a man made of Lava could have a bad end result.

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
Shujinko from Mortal Kombat Deception. That guy's a dick who just blindly follows the orders of a floating orb. Then he goes and destroys the world. What a champ.
It doesn't help matters that despite being able to turn into any character from the game he chooses to stay as himself for the final battles. That would be fine if he had a single special move. He has none. Not a single fucking one.

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
Misterian said:
I know almost everyone here has a fictional character they dislike or downright hate, but is there a character you hated so much than you hate so much, that you want to physically harm them the first chance given?
snipy mc'snipperson

But I digress, Do you have any fictional characters you hate enough that you want to physically harm them if at all possible?
For one thing, every character in every anime or game who has spoken openly on a subject, then on the very next sentence about it acted as if they had no idea that subject existed.

Outside of that, and in more specific terms let's see . . . hmmmmm *wavy image like a flash back*

1. Ok, seriously Popka from Klonoa 2 needs to be beaten physically. Throughout the entire game his only successful moment of helpfulness is an act of THEFT (this is assuming you don't do the completely unspoken second player easter egg allowing for a triple jump using him). He spends literally the ENTIRE game aside from that complaining, making vicious jokes at the other characters' expense, and pointing out the obvious and then acting like he's the only one that could know it's obvious.

2. Ok, I know it's bad form to do this after claiming I'd be specific but this REALLY gets under my skin. The soft spoken, submissive female protagonist aside a male character, who's obviously the character's love interest who becomes vicious and violent any time the obvious subplot is brought up and goddamn murderous when another woman is near or flirting with the male lead. There's just so much wrong with this I can't even really elaborate without running the SERIOUS risk of going on for hours. So I'll leave it at this: "Lil' miss 'Childhood friend' I spend every scene you act angry and aloof about romance in, waiting for someone to punch you in the throat or trying to keep myself from breaking my tv."

3. Dororo, I have to admit . . . I love you to bits little girl and when you grow up, you got HOT. But GODDAMN do you make my fist shake sometimes . . . letting your hommunculous cyborg samurai friend do all the dirty work then claiming it was you . . . as much as I do like you for being brave enough to infiltrate a demon queen's palace full of corpses, I DESPISE your Saiyan arrogance.

SPEAKING OF WHICH:

4. CHICHI. I think I've said enough.

5. Let's move it in a much more serious direction and go with Dr. Daisuke Ido from the EXCELLENT manga Battle Angel Alita. Seriously, if you haven't read it go to Mangafox or somewhere else NOW. Anyway, to do the best I can to keep this brief but descriptive. Good ol' Ido finds the protagonist of the series in a giant scrapyard, amazed that there was a nearly perfectly intact cyborg head and torso at all, even more so when he realized the brain inside it was not only intact, but ALIVE after what had to have been 200 years in the scrap piles. SO he builds her a new body, nothing fantastic as he's working from scrap parts and used pieces he gets from clients. (He's a cyborg surgeon, don't ask just go read) Now, his reasoning for it is perfectly understandable, he is a middle-aged to old man with no children, and finds Alita as a surrogate for that missing piece to his life and wants her to fill it. So he builds up the idea of her being his precious little daughter and gives her better and better pieces as he gets them. Which, he does by being a merc killing mutants and turning in their heads for money. Alita thinks he's a seriel murderer for obvious reasons with the schedule he keeps doing merc jobs. And turns out to have a skill for martial arts that can ONLY be described as awesome because it literally strikes you with awe. After this he tries to force her to still fit into the perfect little precious daughter role even going so far as to refuse to let her leave the house and trying to buy her fancy frilly dresses so she'll look the part. And frankly for his surrogate daughter issues I want to lay him out.

Well, that's unfortunately as brief as I could be on the subject, sorry.

6. If any of you have played KOTOR, you know who she is. Fucking jedi ***** . . . you save her from slavery and murder, and her first course of action is to complain that you, who have never met her before . . . took too long and didn't come with her lightsaber. I never let the ***** have one after that point frankly. You want it so bad that you complain about someone who doesn't know about it doesn't have it? fine, you don't get to have one at all.

7. Reverend Mother Gaias Hellen Mohiam. Granted, that name alone is a lot to swallow (hee hee, sandworms.) but the gist is this, she's the leader of a religious cult (I call it a cult, because goddamnit they are) who has their fingers in more pies than the entire world governments do if you believe in even half the conspiracies out there. And Gaias Hellen is herself at the core of several different conspiracies, including one to artificially create a Messiah to cement the power of the religion instead of making it, as most see it, a "cult of untrustworthy power hungry witches" which is actually a lot more accurate than the Reverend Mothers want you to believe. You see, Reverend Mothers are capable of impossible acts to normal humans, through meditation and gruesome, let me emphasize GRUESOME trials they learn to control their own chemistry to the point of not having a known lifespan. No Reverend Mother has died of old age, there have been reverend mothers that CHOSE to die, and those that have been murdered. To give you a clearer idea, the Sandworms create the Spice, but by drowning a worm you get what's called Spice Essence, essentially a chemical so powerful it will seriously melt your brain, and the final trial of a Reverend Mother, the final test that makes them a true reverend mother, and gives them the final phases of those abilities is to drown a worm, take the EXTREMELY spice essence, swallow enough to kill about 1000 people (read a few gallons by the end of it) use their mastery of their own chemistry to change it to purified water that contains no trace of spice in it and put it back into the container the spice essence was in, which then combines it with the remnants of spice essence and makes the water be touched with spice so strong it sends them into a hallucinogenic orgy. (also a hint at how powerful the essence is that it's leftovers do that) But Gaias Hellen (to try and put a bow on her entry) runs this religion like Hitler ran germany to the point of attempting to get Paul Atredes mother executed on false charges and hiring an assassin against her son after he passed a high level Reverend Mother trial without having any training because her having a son was a generation early in her plan to create an artificial messiah.

8. Let's go ahead and get obscure here: Tomo in Azumanga Daioh. Super hyper, super stupid and convinced she's the shit (instead of what she actually is . . . just shit) every time I see her I want to at least smack her face.

9. Let's also get obvious: Angelica. If you don't know why . . . watch one episode of Rugrats . . . you'll see.

10. It's only sometimes . . . ok a lot of the time but Marla Singer. I'm going to the book not the movie because for whatever reason I find Hellena Bonham Carter so hot I can't be angry at her . . . seriously . . . the blood just drops out of my brain and I can't be angry. Anyway, Marla Singer is arrogant, despodic, apathetic, a crook, a sex fiend, and actually sees nothing wrong with her mother getting regular liposuction and mailing Marla the fat the doctors take out to be injected into her in place of botox or other such plastic surgery processes. Not to mention her instances of going to a testicle cancer group therapy session, to smoking at group therapy sessions like lung cancer and tuberculousus, oh yeah she also goes to group therapies for things she doesn't have as a way of fufilling her unsatisfying life. But I can't really hold it against her too much as the narrator does it too and from his perspective we are lead to see it as ok.

11. Frankly the entire comedian cast of "who gets the last laugh." Which, when it was first advertised I thought was going to be comedians fucking with each other on TV for our amusement. Then, as it got closer and then started up on tv it turned out to be exactly what we've had to put up with forever. Comedians and celebrities pushing us down into a puddle and laughing at us because they think they're better than us. The entire show is "hey kids, watch these comedians trick these stupid NORMAL people and then laugh at them! HA HA! isn't that great!?" in a word: NO.

12. Cercei (I hope I'm spelling that right) Lannister. Again, I think nuff said.

Quick side note: anyone that wants to tell me my opinion on her needs to not exist because her family basically tortured her into being insane, I don't fucking care . . . seeing it from her perspective her actions make sense, but aren't excused. And seeing it from ANYONE else's perspective proves it's not excused. Bran Stark. Motherfucking Bran Stark. Infact, no . . . Arya Stark. Suck it.

13. Asuka from Neon Genesis. Again, I don't care that her mother was driven insane and convinced Asuka was a still birth and replaced her with a doll in her mind and heart, NOTHING SHE DOES IS EXCUSED. Especially her desperate attempt to have sex with a middle aged man who's not only not interested, but is himself desperately trying to have sex with Misato. And for that matter, her constant attempts to apparently have angry "I hate you" sex with the main character who is so inept he can't even tell that Rei wanted to fuck him (about the only emotion she ever could show was lust) Frankly, I want Shinji's nightmare fantasy of strangling that ***** to death and smashing her skull in with a chair really happens.

14. Ashely . . . mother . . . fucking . . . Williams. Even Kaden isn't as speciest as that *****. I mean really! come on!

15. Pierce Washington in Saints Row 2, he's a *****, he complains about everything, he doesn't just bitchslap Shaundi . . . ever, and frankly I think he might actually be a closet homosexual with the way he acts about the main character and the other characters in the game.

16. Frankly, everyone in the DearS anime . . . I can't really get into it here as I'm running so damn long already just . . . just go watch an episode or two, hell watch all of it it's not very long . . . just be warned.

17. Lord Motherfucking English. Ok, not really because I'm pretty sure he'd just decide I was dead and I'd explode so . . . yeah . . .

18. Dr. Magnussun in Half Life 2 Episode 2. A lot of gamers got mad that he "came out of nowhere" but if you listen carefully to his lines, and if you fucked around in Half Life 1, you know who he is. To put it in short terms, he complains that you burned his lunch, in Half life 1, there's an employee breakroom with some kind of soup or something in the microwave, if you press the button on the microwave a few times, the soup gets burned and the scientist closest to it gets up and complains that you burnt his food. THAT ladies and Gentlemen is the cloned character model that became Dr. Magnussun. He spends however, the entire (short) HL2E2 complaining about how inept Gordon Freeman is (you know the man that singlehandedly created the successful rebellion and then singehandedly saves the world again, 3 times now as of counting HL1. Actually that's more like 4 if you played the free middle of the road one mission game that came packaged with HL2E1. Yeah . . . Gordon Freeman is inept . . . right.

19. Jack in LOST. Call the show shit all you want, I don't care . . . I enjoyed it and John Locke is an amazing man, but Jack is an ass. He's self righteous, hipocritical and doesn't even SEE that he breaks his own rules. He actually says that John's idea of blowing up a complex the "Others" use is terrible and that murder is never excused, then when forced to let a bunch of people go with Locke to join them, he actually puts a gun to John Locke's head AND PULLS THE TRIGGER. This is so shockingly stupid that John later brings it up when Jack asks him why John won't trust him, John says "well Jack . . . you DID put a gun to my head then pull the trigger." To which, Jack replies that he doesn't understand why John would hold that against him since OBVIOUSLY John is so much worse when the worst thing John did was blow up a submarine that you later find out wouldn't have helped them anyway.

20. I just want to be all OCD and end on a nice socially symmetrical number. Haseo . . . Haseo, Haseo, Haseo . . . what could I say. No, scratch that . . . what COULDN'T I say? you're arrogant, you're a douche, you're both pathetic AND so self assured you think you do no wrong, you hopelessly chase after a man that pretty much says from the start that he's evil and then are SURPRISED when he turns out to be, oh . . .wait . . . evil. Then, he pines after a girl he's never met in person, and actually tries to troll and abuse another girl who uses a similar character model completely on the basis of the character model being similar. Seriously, in an MMO, he's so pissy about someone using a similar character model to a girl he likes that he tries to abuse her into quitting the game and, by her reaction, possibly committing suicide. Fuck you, Haseo . . . fuck you.

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
008Zulu said:
SlaveNumber23 said:
Wow I'm surprised Joffrey from Game of Thrones isn't on here yet. I wish I could punch Joffrey in the face.
You have to admit, he plays the part extremely well.

OG Loc from GTA San Andreas.

Shia Lebeouf's characters from Bayformers and Indiana Jones.

The cast of Twilight.

Near (Death Note).

Amy Pond and River Song.
You just had to ninja me on everyone one of them didn't you?
Especially that goddam Near... grr.... Never mess with my L you copycat!
EDIT: Also Cersei Lannister.... that damn winy witch.
And in video games Connor from AC3. God the hate I held for that man during the game.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
TrulyBritish said:
I seriously don't get why everyone hates Near. I think they're just pissed about what happened to L. I mean, I liked him, even if he wasn't as multifaceted as L. He was calm, calculating, had a bit of an edge to him...and besides that, I just loved Cathy Weseluck's performance as him.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Relius Clover from Blazblue. I hate that son of a *****. This is for Carl! *punch* And Ada! *punch* And Ignis! *punch* And THIS is for Makoto! *Falcon Punch*

Also, Squall. The poster boy for everything wrong with JRPGs. *punch*

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
bartholen said:
Oh, and I'm also surprised that this ***** hasn't made the list yet. Maybe she's just overshadowed by Joffrey in the tv series, but believe me, in "A Feast for Crows" she's even more hatable. If we ever get a season 5 of GoT, she's going to be hated even more than Joffrey.

But dude....... The mother you are supposed to hate is this one:

[/quote]

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
Relish in Chaos said:
TrulyBritish said:
I seriously don't get why everyone hates Near. I think they're just pissed about what happened to L. I mean, I liked him, even if he wasn't as multifaceted as L. He was calm, calculating, had a bit of an edge to him...and besides that, I just loved Cathy Weseluck's performance as him.
Well I can't speak for everyone, but I'll put down why I don't like him. I'll spoiler this just in case though. Having only just finished the series a short while ago I have t consider maybe SOMEONE is reading it now.
While this does link down to how much I personally loved L, I just don't feel that Near was any decent successor to him and I hate the way Near was considered to have won. Basically all Near does it focus on things that he assumes. He assumes Light's Kira simply because of the fact he was the new L and that L had suspected him (despite being cleared later) and his discovery of Mikami as X-Kira seemed a bit off. Seriously, Mikami had met Takada twice and appeared on the show, that was Nears evidence -_-. He may have been right but I see no actual reason he should have been so sure of it.
Plus, most of the actual work done is by Mello. It's Mello that discovers that some of the rules are fake (thus making Light a viable suspect) as well as his capture of Takada causing the discovery of the fake Notebook. Without Mello (and actually, without Matsuda's fast reactions at the end) Near would have died at the face off. Not to mention the fact he barely batted an eyelid over the death of his co-workers.
And ultimately his motives rub me the wrong way as well a bit. While L was clearly working for justice there's just too large a feeling for me of the second stage of it just being a contest between Near and Mello.
I accept all of my arguments are pretty petty and flawed, but I still dislike the guy.
Sorry for the rant.