Fictional Universes That You Would Live In

Voltano

Dec 11, 2008
Seems most people are picking Pokemon. Smart move since power and accomplishment are not based upon the main avatar, but creatures inside the game-world. I'd pick something similar yet better.

Dragon Warrior Monsters (one or two). Essentially the same, except you get to have all the Dragon Quest/Warrior monsters as companions and use their powers to advance in the game.

Dragon Quest IX. Similar to above, except humans are capable of being awesome in that game over time. Technically the main character is a Celestrian, but at the end of the game he does become human, and any companions made are human so I'd do well in that world.

Azure Dreams. Similar to Pokemon, but I'd be exploring a dungeon and could wield swords and shields to give me a greater chance of survival, along with fighting with my creatures against monsters. Plus there is the chance to charm the hot chicks in the town as girlfriends! :D

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Rowan93 said:
Alaster Angelo said:
Any fictional universe would do, I'm not exactly picky about this. But, if I were given a choice I'd say Marvel comics. There's ALOT of variety there, if you ever get tired of fighting alien overlords then you could just come down to Earth, learn magic, and get into a kung-fu fight with a mutant.

Of course, I'd have to be a hero or villain. I imagine being a regular civilian there would suck quite alot.
Did you read the OP at all? Pretty much the entire point was that you have to be a regular civilian, i.e. yourself, in the universe you go to.
Not entirely true. He could be a hero or villain. He'd just have to be a hero or villain without any powers. So, with his knowledge and physical abilities, could he be a hero or villain, is the question.

Odinsson

Jun 11, 2011
The Witcher universe. Sure, it's a time of turmoil and war between the kingdoms, not to mention all the monsters.... but there are a lot of armies. That means a lot of work for a guy who can use a sword like I can.

Sure, I'd probably end up being snuffed out in the first battle I was in, but I'd take that chance for the possibilities of where I could end up.

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
Warhammer 40k universe and then I would join chaos cause when you die the chaos gods bring you back to life. And I could eventually become a daemon prince.

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
Varanfan9 said:
Warhammer 40k universe and then I would join chaos cause when you die the chaos gods bring you back to life. And I could eventually become a daemon prince.
There's like a 50% chance you'll get killed by the Imperium, and then a 49% chance you'd end up turned into a mutated freak, or one of the various minor daemons that the chaos armies use as cannon fodder. So that's probably a bad idea.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
I'd say MLP FIM. It wouldn't exactly be the most over the top insanely cool places to be for me. Well it would for about the first week. But I'd be quite happy living in that world.

Pokemon is a damn appealing universe to live in. It would be so over the top in coolness, but it'll be just like real life, with Pokemon. I want a Growlithe so bad. ^_^

Hard choice. Given to do so, I'd flip a coin and go with where it lands.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Pocket dimension that warps to match the deliberately expressed desires of its occupant. Wouldn't really matter that I'm still just me in that case, and I would still be able to experience any and all other possible options vicariously. I might visit my own copied version of the pokemon universe once or twice, just to nuke the place and watch all the annoying little idiots burn.

If limited to scenarios found in popular media, or at least to scenarios that aren't the equivalent of a personal genie, I'll go with the universe found in the book series The Night's Dawn by Peter Hamilton, after the events found in said series are resolved. Its a reasonably peaceful high technology set of worlds that have knowledge imprinting devices which would let me bypass the educational deficiency I would otherwise suffer from.

Justanewguy

Jun 30, 2011
aegix drakan said:
I'd be totally normal in that world? As in, if I go to a magical world, I can't learn magic? Screw FFTA Ivalice, then. I'd get my ass handed to me and get kicked out of a clan before I could say "kupo".

Well, in that case I'd say Pokemon.

You don't need any special skills to stay alive, you just catch the monsters that you want to use, and use 'em. And since I'm slowly starting to understand the whole competitive angle, then I think I'd do OK in battles.

Besides, I'd get to hang out with a team of badass monster friends! That would be neat!

Also, money doesn't seem to be that big of a problem in there, for some reason. So I'd be OK on that front.

A close second would be the world of Reccettear, assuming I could run an item shop not too far from a convenient dungeon for free loot.

Terminate421 said:
there is no gang violence
Team rocket would like to have a word with you...They kidnap pokemon, KILL pokemon, trap old wise men in haunted towers, perform hostile takeovers of companies LITERALLY (as in they actually take over the place), and try to turn pokemon into their own personal weapons!

Oh and the police are generally useless, picking fights with kids after dark, rather than looking for and arresting criminals.

So yeah, if it weren't for the frontier justice dispensed by Ace trainers, the world would be in trouble.

And pollution hardly exists.
*coughKOFFINGcough*

But yeah it is one of the best fantasy worlds ever.
These young kids don't even know what Team Rocket is. The new generation "bad guys" are pansies compared to Team Rocket. Man I miss Giovanni. <.<

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
Rowan93 said:
Varanfan9 said:
There's like a 50% chance you'll get killed by the Imperium, and then a 49% chance you'd end up turned into a mutated freak, or one of the various minor daemons that the chaos armies use as cannon fodder. So that's probably a bad idea.
Yeah but even minor daemons get immortality. Living forever doesn't sound that bad. I would probably go with either Tzeentch or Slaanesh cause Tzeentch is the one chaos god who actually knows what he is doing with his planning and Slaanesh... well its the god(dess) of pleasure so that doesn't sound bad.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
CrashBang said:
Soviet Heavy said:
I'd live on the Discworld. Seems to be one of the less dangerous universes. And if I do die, at most I'll just be annoyed instead of terrified.
This is definitely my second choice after the world of Pokémon.
Living in a world where everyone is a lovely, sweet, charming and helpful person (apart from a small rag-tag group of misfits) sounds like heaven... or Canada. The rag-tag misfits being Cancer Bats, of course.
Unless you're unlucky enough to live in the Shades.

It's been mentioned before, but I'd probably pick the Pokemon universe, the worst that ever happens is you white out and go to the nearest Pokemon centre.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Mafoobula said:
The world of the Belgariad/Mallorean. Already I've lost probably 95% of you. The rest of you, you know what's up. When I fulfill my Purpose - I'll still be alive, because I'm automatically one of the good guys - I get rewarded by the Universe with a nice life.
So long as you don't live with the Nadraks or the Nyissans, you should be fine. Otherwise they'll try to barter away their wives or poison your food for fun.

Also, probably best to avoid the Malloreans and the Murgos. Crazy genocidal countries, at least in the Belgariad.

I'd like to be a Mimbrate Knight, just so I could be the biggest pig headed glory hound to ever live.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Saltyk said:
Pretty simple. Name a fictional universe you would love to live in. But keep in mind that you would still be you and would have to live within the rules of that universe.
this, dose not keep in theme with

My Little Pony? You're not a pony! Literally the only human in a world filled with talking magical ponies.
this

since there are not humans in Equestria, unlike your other examples, the rules of said universe would dictate i become a pony, or not exist at all.

besides

Princess Celestia

good money says she'd have no issue converting a human to pony if they swear loyalty to her and Princess Luna.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Saltyk said:
My Little Pony? You're not a pony! Literally the only human in a world filled with talking magical ponies.
Doesn't sound so bad. I'd probably go for that quite happily.

But the fictional universe I'd really want to live in is The Culture, devised by Iain M Banks. The ultimate life of leisure, with a lifespan of whatever length you chose, doing pretty much anything you want. Getting dull? Could always join Contact, or go live with and study one of the more unusual alien races like the Affront or the dirigible behemothaurs.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
but what the worse they can do to me? Banish me to the moon or lock me in a dungeon?
You might get banished then locked in a dungeon in the place you get banished to.

nerd51075

Jul 18, 2009
I would probably most enjoy existing in Huxley's Brave New World, assuming that I exist as an Alpha, rather than a Beta or less. I think I fit the description of an Alpha pretty well.

Otherwise, probably Pokemon, for reasons already stated.

Kolsteray

Jul 4, 2011
I would die to see Lothlòrien or Minas Tirith, probably settle down near the Shire afterwards.

That or Pokémon, I mean what beats a life without worries, where you spent your entire life making friends and doing friendly competitions and your friend Brock magically conjures up food and other necessities.