A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
Clive Howlitzer said:
A-D. said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
Tanis said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
Tanis said:
I've wanted to get into this series, but I can't see myself playing it more than Civ5 or GalCiv2:EU.
I strongly advise giving Crusader Kings 2 a try. You can get it on a sale for so cheap and it really is a very different experience than other 4X games. This is coming from a big 4X fan. It has a very different focus. It isn't so much just, war your way to victory.
Well I finally tried it.

I...I did not do well.

It looks like it's one of those games I'm going to have to toss a lot more time into, just to make it on easy.
It doesn't help that they just patched it to make it brutally harder. I am not a big fan of the latest changes.
They didn't make it harder, they just reworked the levy-system to go by martial scores. Granted there are still problems in it, like vassal-dukes only giving you 20 troops, but otherwise its not exactly harder. I can still steamroll half of europe within 60 years from gamestart, its not "hard".
You are forgetting the huge issue with event troops right now also. Since those numbers weren't scaled with the levy changes. All the changes have done is encouraged the North Korea strategy.
Which event troops? I mean seriously, i keep hearing that argument but, personally, i've never seen massive doomstacks, aside from what the magyars start with and what the mongols arrive with later, there are no "big stacks" you cant possibly defeat. My last game, the HRE shortly after formation could raise a 10k stack, which is about 1/3rd of its old strength pre-patch. And i havent seen any troops spawned via event that exceed a 5k stack. Plus, new patch coming so it may as well be fixed anyway.