Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Fighting the Prejudice of XBLA

Why TimeGate offered a fully featured shooter for $15

Read Full Article

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Kudos to them, and it's great to hear they're seeing better numbers than with the first game.

I suppose I'm a bit of an odd case, but I'm also another example of why the lower price point works. I read the review here, watched the video, and instantly bought the game... yet I don't even have a Gold level Live account. I simply was in the mood for a really solid fun single player futuristic FPS. There was no way I was going to spend $60 on a game that I wanted just to scratch an itch and had no intention of touching 75% of, but at $15 the price was perfect.

Thinking a little about how to price a game instead of just throwing everything on the same shelf for the same price works. I wish more companies did it.

RADlTZ

Nov 19, 2009
I'd like to get this but I have SO MANY SHOOTERS. Although the cheap price will probably convince me in the end, then the $70 or so I save can be used on the games that insist on competing against eachother in the burn-a-hole-in-my-wallet price range.

Australian game prices suck, good thing we have Steam.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Sounds really cool, would love to play it and also see a Yatzee review of this game.
Is it available on Steam?

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
RADlTZ said:
I'd like to get this but I have SO MANY SHOOTERS. Although the cheap price will probably convince me in the end, then the $70 or so I save can be used on the games that insist on competing against eachother in the burn-a-hole-in-my-wallet price range.

I bought it on release day, and I have to say that it's better than most £40 shooters out there. If you can, you should definitely get it.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I wish I had the funds to purchase this, but even $15 bucks is a bit of a stretch (there is also a problem with not having the time, but whatever). I did try the Demo, and it was awesome. Once im able to, im deffinitly buying this.

Off Topic, Anyone remember Blacklight: Tango Down?

Tentickles

Oct 24, 2010
I played Prejudice but I do have to say that the campaign was shorter than most FPS's and although the multiplayer has a cool way of coming into the map, it can get annoying when someone lands on your head 2 seconds after you land yourself.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
I like the game, but its pretty dead on PC right now. They need to have a free to play weekend or something because its really empty most of the time.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
WanderingFool said:
Off Topic, Anyone remember Blacklight: Tango Down?
Yeah, I liked the idea of customizing your weapon and stuff but the game was balanced so it had extremely high lethality and specing for defense was futile, accuracy was everything and speed was useful to exploit the UE3 netcode. I think it would have worked better with gunplay like Brink where you do have a use for damage output.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I've been meaning to pick up-er, download this game :p would like to give it a try (the premise of the dropping onto the battlefield intrigued me in the first game but never tried that one out either)

pwnsore

Apr 6, 2010
Comic Sans said:
I like the game, but its pretty dead on PC right now. They need to have a free to play weekend or something because its really empty most of the time.
Wow, good point. I was just wishing that it would come out on Steam, then I saw this and realized it was already there. Timegate! Pay Valve money! Get it on the front of the Steam page with some fancy review quotes and you will get tons of sales! All Steam users love $15 games :)

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
The fuck...these guys have an office 5 minutes from my house...and I've been itching for a new shooter...DAMMIT, I just got a $20 gift card too but it's only digital ><

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Did the original Section 8 have a single-player campaign? I might pick this up when I get Microsoft Points next, it really does look freakin' amazing.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Haha. Kohan. Now there was a bad RTS. Section 8 certainly made up for it, though.

RADlTZ said:

That and Ozgameshop [http;//ozgameshop.com].

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
I wish there were more games like Prejudice. Hell, most shooters are about four or five hours long...and we're expected to pay full price for them. This is one of the many reasons (But in the top 3) as to why I have given up on modern shooter games, and almost gaming in general.

RADlTZ said:

Pff, try New Zealand. MW3 standard edition is retailing for $150NZD. What's it over the pond?

ProzacMan

Aug 24, 2010
I actually found out about the game Prejudice through the Xbox Live Avatar store. After checking out the cool avatar costume models I wanted to know more about the game from there. That's one way to get your game noticed outside the box.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Comic Sans said:
That's sad. I think Time Gate pushed the XBLA platform first and that seems to be doing much better. It would be great if both the Steam and XBLA communities could play together but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

greg

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I dont trust this article, it says houston is a good place to live

RedRussian

Jun 7, 2010
Reaper195 said:
I wish there were more games like Prejudice. Hell, most shooters are about four or five hours long...and we're expected to pay full price for them. This is one of the many reasons (But in the top 3) as to why I have given up on modern shooter games, and almost gaming in general.

RADlTZ said:

Pff, try New Zealand. MW3 standard edition is retailing for $150NZD. What's it over the pond?
Holy tits. Across the pond (in 'merica) MW3 standard is 60 bucks. (about 64 with tax). I'm not sure how the exchange rate is between our money however.

EDIT: googled exchange rates and 150 NZD is 122.01 USD. Which is still about double the price. Is that all for shipping? Seems like forking over an arm and a leg.