Fill Out Surveys, Earn Cash and Win Videogames!

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Had a quick look but honestly it looked like too much work and possible worry over details for a few tiny rewards. That and it seemed very U.S.centric, I had to tick "Other Race" for the ethnic catergory because nowhere did it had European or even just white (I don't consider myself a "Caucasian").

Licaon_Kter

Jan 23, 2008
Krelias said:
Same problem, i know it says it's worldwide but could it be restricted to certain countries like say countries in which piracy is to rampant for game devs to care about ?
So maybe i should stop buying games from EA, 2k, Capcom, Ubisoft, Sony, Zynga and many more since their devs don't care about me ?

BTW, it still ain't working.

/LE: Looks like it's a country limitation afterall, as using Opera Turbo ( all traffic goes through Opera servers like a proxy ) suddenly the site works. Way to go The Escapist, maybe on your next featured content like this you will mention that citizens of some countries are no allowed as their opinion does not count. Imagine my stupidity thinking that buying games helps those devs. Pffft

And the kick is that my country is on their list when you make your account. :-|

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
I filled out the $1 survey. It redirected me to sign up for another cookie cutter survey site, I didn't get any money, and I'm pretty disgusted with both them and the Escapist now. At least I refused to give them my cell # lol

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Just made 10 cents doing a survey, apparently they don't want to hear from you if you don't have a credit card.

ionveau

Nov 22, 2009
kwagamon said:
Normally there's no way I'd do this, but I trust the Escapist, so I trust something they'd be willing to endorse. Already made and set up my account!
Trust is for fools

nik3daz

Jan 1, 2008
Wow, this site is seriously craptacular. Who's writing these surveys?

In the gamer profile, I have the choices Gameboy DS and Nintendo DS. Nice work -.-

I would say they would be getting pretty valuable data from us lot so maybe they should invest in someone to write proper surveys.

Seriously Escapist, did you even check what you were getting into?

I reckon Escapist should start its own VG survey. This place is a damn fine place for market research.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
I like the Escapist, but I don't trust the Escapist.

So no surveys for me, you know what they say about something too good to be true.

nik3daz

Jan 1, 2008
Aethren said:
I like the Escapist, but I don't trust the Escapist.

So no surveys for me, you know what they say about something too good to be true.
Actually, even though the surveys are tripe, you probably will get rewards. There are sites like this all over the internet and although the rewards are usually pretty crappy, more often than not, they pay out. This kind of thing usually attracts bored housewives that want to make an extra buck and have their oppressed opinion heard (lulz).

leeloodallasmultipass

THE Fifth Element
Mar 23, 2009
yeah at most im willing to give away my age, gender and location down to the suburb to a random site... not my full address and phone numbers.

I understand for demographics as its a market research site and all but full phone numbers and exact location (WAYYYY before mailing something to me) is a bit of a fishy one for me.

So thanks for the offer but ill give this one a miss I think.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Shihoudani said:
$1.10 pending from only doing three surveys during my free time in less the 24 hours. That's not bad at all. Waiting the 2 or 4 weeks isn't that big of a deal, considering how much pending I COULD have by then... that's if the surveys come at a steady pace.
I haven't gotten any surveys to take thus far, how have you been able to take so many?

:(

Terrortree

Mar 12, 2009
Sorry Escapist, while I trust YOU... I do not really trust survey sites... It would be nice to answer a few questions and then get money for it, but not the risk that its a scam. I think I'll pass and stick with my Microsoft Video Game tests. At least with that I know it's trust worthy and the rewards are real.

stranamente

Jun 13, 2009
I trusted the escapist, joined vgm and filled my profile (halfway of it I was very annoyed for two reason, I am a lawyer, and I said I work alone, so why there are a bazillion of questions anyway about my work that doesn't even remotely fit? And why, even chosing the right demographic target, do you need to know my health problems?). Anyway, I didn't recieved any survey for a couple of days and I tried hit the "redeem rewards" link.
It appears that my account is currently suspended on suspicion of fraud, even though my profile is complete and I didn't do anything else beside it. They didn't even warned me.
I tried to contact them twice about this and they did not answer yet.
And now I'm beginning to be pretty sure, that this is nothing but a big scam.

And you know a thing? I gave my personal data to a site because I trusted the escapist.
Did I told I am a lawyer?
It's really hard to quantify the possible harm that this thing can do to me, if it is all a big scam, there sure are troubles ahead.

Phyroxis

Witty Title Here
Apr 18, 2008
mikemart said:
i already terminated my account outta paranoia

i think escapist turned on us...

its called vgmarket surveys but they barely ask for any of our opinion on actual games besides one little section... wth do they need our income, education and CAR of all things for videogame surveys

hell the surveys arent even based on video games, i got one for education and another just asking for personal info...
The questions you refer to are the demographic portion of your profile. Once thats complete, the system will send you surveys, about video games, tailored to who you are.

You didn't go far enough to get the surveys.

NaturalCauses

Sep 2, 2010
So, I got the link to the download for the music, and I'm kind of... disappointed.

It's like a collaboration of games and anime I've never watched or played or generally cared about. But here's the list, for those of you curious:

* 01 - Chrono Cross - Scars of Time
* 02 - Cowboy Bebop - TANK!
* 03 - Super Mario World - The Athlete's Rag
* 04 - Evangelion - Cruel Angels Thesis
* 05 - Chrono Trigger - Frog's Theme
* 06 - Chrono Trigger - Decisive Battle With Magus
* 07 - Naruto - Sadness And Sorrow
* 08 - Final Fantasy IX - Vamo Alla Flamenco
* 09 - Tetris - Korobeiniki
* 10 - Full Metal Alchemist - Bratja
* 11 - MegaMan 2 - Dr. Wily Stage 1
* 12 - InuYasha - Every Heart
* 13 - Final Fantasy X-2 - 1000 Words
* 14 - Final Fantasy XII - Kiss Me Goodbye
* 15 - Final Fantasy - Prelude
* 16 - Final Fantasy - Ending
* 17 - Final Fantasy Battle Medley
* 18 - Bonus Track - Boss Battle (Composed by Piano Squall)

That's... nice, I guess... For anyone who enjoys those sorts of things. They're all just piano covers of the songs which, although they are performed very well, just... aren't my cup of tea due to the lack of variation.

I'm sure someone here might appreciate them more.